Sugarcraft Banned?

Decorating By AverageMom Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm by itsacake

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:07am
post #1 of 21

I'm sure this is discussed somewhere on the site, but I have found it....
It looks to me as if the word "sugercraft" is blocked. Is there a reason for this?

20 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:13am
post #2 of 21

I'm going to bed!

Jakap2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jakap2 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:37am
post #3 of 21

pastryjen thanks

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:20am
post #4 of 21

I'm pretty sure it's because there's a site with that name that sells the same sorts of things that globalsugart does, and the *powers that be* want us all to shop at global, not the other place.

By the way, global's customer service is impeccable...quite qnother story with the other site thumbsdown.gif . I made one order and never again.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:39am
post #5 of 21

The reasons said site are WAY more complicated than the "powers that be" directing shopping dollars. Lets just leave it at, previous unpleasantness lead to the name not being allowed.

FlourPots Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:27am
post #6 of 21

My bad...I wasn't aware of any unpleasantness.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 11:41am
post #7 of 21

I believe it had something to do with calling all CCr's a "cesspool" of something or another...
Bottom line is CC will not let their name post on here, and I don't blame them one bit! I wouldn't shop there if it was the last cake shop on earth icon_smile.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 11:53am
post #8 of 21

icon_surprised.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 11:59am
post #9 of 21

I always had wondered the same thing. Wow

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:09pm
post #10 of 21

If you need to talk about the craft of sugar and not the shop, I believe you can put a large gap between the two words and it would be okay--.

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:27pm
post #11 of 21

I don't think it has anything at all to do with CC trying to direct us to GSA. I think it is because there have been some threads that have been extremely critical of Sugarcraft, and CC (wisely) didn't want to get in trouble for slander for the free speech they are permitting on their site. So they just blocked the store name as a protection for themselves. Easier than constantly having to monitor and delete every thread that gets critical of Sugarcraft.

At least that is my understanding from what I have observed.

foxymomma521 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:42pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiev777

I don't think it has anything at all to do with CC trying to direct us to . I think it is because there have been some threads that have been extremely critical of , and CC (wisely) didn't want to get in trouble for slander for the free speech they are permitting on their site. So they just blocked the store name as a protection for themselves. Easier than constantly having to monitor and delete every thread that gets critical of .

At least that is my understanding from what I have observed.

Nope. The owners of the nasty site read a few threads on here discussing their poor customer srevice. They then wrote a VERY nasty letter to Jackie & Heath regarding them. When J&H stood by their CCr's and wouldn't remove the threads, the SC owners wrote a letter calling all members of CC things so mean I wo't even repeat... J&H published it for us to read so we could know what kind of company we were buying from.
If I remember correctly, the SC site wouldn't even take orders from customers that belonged to CC for a while... They said they didn't want CCr's as customers because we are so "low"... That is one reason why their name is not allowed.

foxymomma521 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:53pm
post #13 of 21

Forgot to add... I'm not sure, but I think there *may* have been some legal trouble after all of that happened... So for that I think Maggiev777 is right...

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:13pm
post #14 of 21

If you Google the names of both websites, you can see that a lawsuit was filed, but I don't know what the outcome was. I'm sure something about that would be why the name is blocked, whether it's legally-ordered, advised, or just a basic CYA move. Can't really blame 'em for protecting themselves since there's no telling what CakeCentral posters will say at any given moment. icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:32pm
post #15 of 21

I actually just did google it... looks like SC dismissed the suit.

FlourPots Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #16 of 21

Wow...I wish I would've known all that before I shopped there, I wouldn't have bothered.

I thought I was saving a few bucks, but ended up pissed when they gave me the run-around about a damaged item...an improperly packaged damaged item.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:33pm
post #17 of 21

It was an arrangement with the lawyers, to have their site URL blocked.

(I'd never been part of a cesspool of evil before... It was an interesting experience.)

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 8:43pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

It was an arrangement with the lawyers, to have their site URL blocked.

(I'd never been part of a cesspool of evil before... It was an interesting experience.)

If I remember correctly, it became quite the cess-pool party! icon_lol.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 9:11pm
post #19 of 21

Im still banned from their site. Top that ya'll! icon_lol.gif

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:09pm
post #20 of 21

not knowing any of this, I've been to their actual shop, service seemed fine there. if someone who knows the actual story could pm me info so I can make an informed choice about finding another local shop.

Miranda

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #21 of 21

I have issues with these folks too. They canceled the main part of my order as out of stock, sent me just three bottles of Americolor in a big box and so caused me to have to pay almost $8.00 shipping for just $3.00 merchandise. When I complained that they should have let me know they were out of stock so I could cancel and not incur the shipping, they whined that they had absorbed $0.20 cents of shipping themselves and hoped I'd order from them in the future when what I wanted (plastic drying trays) was in.

Why didn't they let me know the trays were out of stock before they shipped three tiny bottles in a big box!!!!!!!? The website still showed them as available and so did my invoice. I was so excited about my purchase too!!!

Tried to dispute the charge with my credit card company, but they won't dispute shipping. Really only about $8.00, but it is the principle of the thing. Bad customer service is such a pain. I had ordered from them in the past and was unimpressed, but didn't really have big problems, and I haven't seen these trays anywhere else, so I thought I'd try again, but I am so done with them now. Done, Done, Done. The tone of their e-mail is so blase, like they really can't be bothered and I should just be thankful they absorbed the $0.20.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%