The Cake Shall Not Be Eaten...

Decorating By CakeMommy3 Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 2:36pm by CakeMommy3

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 8

My friend and I are making a cake for a wedding shower for a friend. Just a small, two tiered cake. Well, somehow we decided that I wouldn't be eaten, because it will be so pretty, and we are just going to serve sheet cakes.

Well, we don't have time or money to get cake dummies, so I was wondering if there was anyway to doctor up a box mix so that the baked cake lasts longer?

I guess she wants to keep it to stare at is as long as possible, lol.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 8

That is just plain old silly!! That is what a camera is for! Anyway...So when is she gonna eat it? Maybe suggest she freeze it.A iced cake usually won't last for more than about 4-5 days...I have stretched a few longer in my house and it is still good but I always say 4-5.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 8

I made a 3-D cat cake for a friend. That was 2 years ago (maybe 3) and that cake is wrapped in saran in her freezer. I told her no more fancy scratch cakes, that aren't going to get eaten. She claims it cheers her up every time she opens the freezer. Myself and the other party goers were not amused, we expected to eat cake.

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 8

If you want a real cake dummy you should bake it as you normally woud then invert the cake onto a cookie sheet and bake for an extra 2 hrs. on a 250 f oven it should be rock solid if not let it air dry until "done"...good luck!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 8

That's mental! Someone needs cake therapy! icon_smile.gif

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty5

If you want a real cake dummy you should bake it as you normally woud then invert the cake onto a cookie sheet and bake for an extra 2 hrs. on a 250 f oven it should be rock solid if not let it air dry until "done"...good luck!

Interesting..the things you learn here.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 8

Oi....huh? That sounds like some silly plan a dang bride would come up, not the cake makers themselves!?!?!

So yes, get a box mix, wrap it in pretty paer, and tie a nice fancy bow around it. Done.

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Oi....huh? That sounds like some silly plan a dang bride would come up, not the cake makers themselves!?!?!

So yes, get a box mix, wrap it in pretty paer, and tie a nice fancy bow around it. Done.

LMAO! Yeah the bride came up with that plan. My friend told her it's not going to last through the week, and that it would start liquifying from the inside out. But she doesn't care. Oh well.

patty5, that sounds like an interesting idea, I will probably try that.

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%