Wedding Tasting (Too Many Flavor Requests~)

Business By kellertur Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 4:54am by CookiezNCupcakez

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #31 of 33

Thanks everyone~

It went well, better than last time (less nervous). They said my cake was BETTER than the professional bakery they tried the week before. icon_eek.gif (That's a relief, since my stuff's vegan!) They said they didn't care about that...it tasted great.
They said: my cakes were more moist and flavorful incomparison and the other bakery tasted like it was old cake.
That feels good because sometimes I have to deal with people who won't even give it a chance once they read "no eggs/no dairy". (free tasting... dunce.gif )

I learned a lot from this thread and in the future I will be changing the way I handle tastings. I should hear from them this week, so we'll see. (I need to grow some patience) icon_rolleyes.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:38am
post #32 of 33

I just wanted to say~

They booked with me!!!

Thanks everyone. icon_smile.gif

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:54am
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I have a different order of business.

The first thing I do is fill out an info sheet - phone numbers, address, venue, coordinator, etc. It gts them used to answering questions. Then, if they haven't emailed a picture of their dress ahead of time, I ask for their dress picture. Then I tell them, "Amuse yourselves with pictures, while I sketch." As they point to cakes in the books of designs they like, I try to incorporate elements of hose into my sketches. I'll make anywhere from 4 - 8 sketches.

Then I'll turn the paper around and show them the sketches and explain what I was thinking in each idea. Then they pick one. (Or I continue sketching.)

Then I pour water into glasses and cut and plate their samples. I take the knife into the kitchen sink and disappear for a minute. Then I come back and concentrate on completing some paperwork, like writing their name and contact info on the invoice.

I do the tasting last, because by then they're pretty invested in the cake design and are wanting to buy their cake. Once they taste the cake and like it, the sale is pretty much made.

I LUV IT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%