Burgundy Fondant????

Decorating By angiev77 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 4:55pm by Carlymoon

angiev77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angiev77 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone suggest a brand of coloring(s) to use to achieve a dark burgundy color? I tried the americolor but it is way to pink. The bride's color of burgundy is more of a brown hue rather than a rose. I have no idea how to get this color!!!!

5 replies
toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 6

Try adding a little brown to it. Or, the Americolor Maroon may be a little closer to what you need. HTH!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 6

I agree about adding a little brown, that should do it

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Try adding a little brown to it. Or, the Americolor Maroon may be a little closer to what you need. HTH!

I agree!

I used wilton burgundy/maroon colour and added brown. I hope it's not for the entire cake because mine tasted extremely bitter and was only for decoration.

angiev77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angiev77 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 6

I am only using the color for a ribbon border on the base layer and a ribbon border and bow on the top layer. Do any of you think that I should use gumpaste instead of just regular fondant? I always use satin ice and it dries pretty good without ever adding anything to it.

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 6

I used wilton burgendy recently. It took a lot but did get really deep, especially after letting it stand for a few hours to deepen. I have two cakes in my pics that show the color, however I did buttercream not fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%