Wtf?! How Do I Respond To This.....

Business By MikeRowesHunny Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm by -K8memphis

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:11am
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Stef

Make sure they also FULLY understand that final payment is due on whatever date, or you'll be going through the same conversation with them then, too.

It will be a very short conversation if I do! "As you have failed to make payment by the agreed to dates, as per your signed contract, I will no longer be making your cake - good luck with the wedding!".

I get the feeling the bride will be paying for this cake anyway (they are a middle-aged couple, 2nd time for her, 3rd for him!), she seems to have some sense at least!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:33am
post #32 of 34

bonjovibabe good luck to you with this cake and it's dad(fiancezilla), but be afraid.....be very afraid.lol

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:43am
post #33 of 34

I don't know about Dutch people, but my aunt married a Dane, and god luv him, he would give you the shirt off his back, but let us just say that he has STRONG OPINIONS on EVERYTHING. I remember him saying that when he sent in his tax returns, he didn't think the accountant had done a good job unless something had come back questioned (expense-wise). It is just the nature of some people to be blustery and to push the boundaries. My uncle knows everything about everything, but as long as you are firm yourself, he will do whatever you ask.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:50pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretb

I don't know about Dutch people, but my aunt married a Dane, and god luv him, he would give you the shirt off his back, but let us just say that he has STRONG OPINIONS on EVERYTHING. I remember him saying that when he sent in his tax returns, he didn't think the accountant had done a good job unless something had come back questioned (expense-wise). It is just the nature of some people to be blustery and to push the boundaries. My uncle knows everything about everything, but as long as you are firm yourself, he will do whatever you ask.

I getcha, Margaret.

However, the more energy I have to put into the client relationship, the less energy I have to go into the cake.

You get so much for your cake dollar, how you wanna spend it?

Then if there's negative energy flowing, well, guess what, I'm an artist and that client is shooting themself in the foot. Because I am a professional artist they'll still get what they paid for but...discord is not without it's price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%