Confession Time: Who Do You Have A Cake Crush On?

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 9 May 2009 , 6:49pm by Cake-Gal

val25dejesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val25dejesus Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:10pm
post #31 of 105

What so funy is that a lot of my favs are on here talking about their favorites!! Honestly, I love so many of the cakes on CC that I just wouldn't know where to start. I'm just glad that you all share your cake art for to us to admire and get inspired from.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:21pm
post #32 of 105

One of my favorites is cakery.

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:26pm
post #33 of 105

Oh, I must not forget Indydebi and Kakeladi for all their wisdom and advice in sharing their secrets and how to handle just about every situtation from cakes, to business aspects, to how do handle a PITA. I love them both!

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:44pm
post #34 of 105

I have so many cakers that I stalk that I'm almost embarrased to admit.
Many of them already mentioned and I am in love with even more so for their unabashed generousity!

Toedna, Macsmom, tamivo, and pish are cake GODS!!!!

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm
post #35 of 105

I love bakinccc. Amazing cookies!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:07am
post #36 of 105
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:14am
post #37 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjan

toneda...I think she has an amazing way of using color
aine2.....creative and a wonderful ambassador for sugar artistry
sugarshack.....beautiful work and motivates all levels to learn and enjoy
buddy valasco......just plain beautiful cakes
jkalman (spell?), macsmom, and many others
THANKS to all of you for sharing, being supportive, and making it such a fun art to learn about!!

Who is Buddy Valasco?? I've never heard of him.

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #38 of 105

I have a few, Edna and Thanh Thanh of course but here's a few that I just really like how different they are:
Branka2008 for her intricate work:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-Branka2008.html
LaSombra and BCJean for their frosting works of art:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-LaSombra.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-BCJean.html

I have more but those are the foremost icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:08am
post #39 of 105

Cupcakeshoppe... I just read your declaration and I must say... I am completely and utterly flattered. icon_redface.gif

I am unworthy of such adoration... really... but thank you so much.

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:20am
post #40 of 105

JenniferMI and Tonedna....

I want to be like them when I grow up! lol!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:27am
post #41 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Cupcakeshoppe... I just read your declaration and I must say... I am completely and utterly flattered. icon_redface.gif

lol...oh common!..you know you are worthy! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Ednaicon_biggrin.gif

PS...thanks Carmenid!..

tonedna Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #42 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:

THANKS to all of you for sharing, being supportive, and making it such a fun art to learn about!!

You never heard of buddy! icon_surprised.gif He is been in the food network challenges a few times. And won the last one!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:39am
post #43 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

no I'M blushing icon_redface.gif you're welcome icon_smile.gif

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:42am
post #44 of 105

What if we have cake fettishes and cheat with our feelings and love more than one. I mean, I don't want to hurt anyones feelings but, I love them all. lol #1 tonedna #2 sugarshack #3aine well I could go one but for now this is who I'm always stalking, just ask Edna. I look her up on You tube, website, blog. I pm her well let's stop she might get scared. lmao Just kidding. But no I really like alot of people on cc I just don't remember their names but I love their cakes and I save them to my computer.

tonedna Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:48am
post #45 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchanewjersey

What if we have cake fettishes and cheat with our feelings and love more than one. I mean, I don't want to hurt anyones feelings but, I love them all. lol #1 tonedna #2 sugarshack #3aine well I could go one but for now this is who I'm always stalking, just ask Edna. I look her up on You tube, website, blog. I pm her well let's stop she might get scared. lmao Just kidding. But no I really like alot of people on cc I just don't remember their names but I love their cakes and I save them to my computer.

ok..that was hilarious....I get really good stalkers... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:49am
post #46 of 105

his last name is Valastro.

Too many to mention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:

Quote:

You never heard of buddy! icon_surprised.gif He is been in the food network challenges a few times. And won the last one!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

jaklotz1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaklotz1 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:05am
post #47 of 105

vlin28 and krissiecakes...

icon_eek.gif I am so completely and totally shocked to find my name mentioned on this thread. I cannot believe my name has been included in such great company, and I am so flattered by your kind words. Thank you , thank you, thank you! I have been decorating for about 3 1/2 years and love decorating cakes, but I would never in a million years consider myself worthy of a cake crush. You are too kind.

By the way I would have to say my cake crush is sharonsugarshack. I swear by her buttercream DVD.

Thank you again, I am stunned.

jaklotz1

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #48 of 105

jkalman - you had me at the bobble-headed kitty:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-jkalman.html

tonedna - you make some of the most awesome wedding cakes EVER!
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1244177

My original cake crush who made me say "I want to be able to do THAT!" (before I ever heard of CC) is Bronwen Weber. Not only is she awesomely talented, she's just so darn cute!

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:07am
post #49 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaklotz1

icon_eek.gif I am so completely and totally shocked to find my name mentioned on this thread. I cannot believe my name has been included in such great company, and I am so flattered by your kind words. Thank you , thank you, thank you! I have been decorating for about 3 1/2 years and love decorating cakes, but I would never in a million years consider myself worthy of a cake crush. You are too kind.

By the way I would have to say my cake crush is sharonsugarshack. I swear by her buttercream DVD.

jaklotz1

Don't be so modest! icon_smile.gif Your buttercream is absolutely flawless - I stare at your pictures forever, looking for some sign that these are indeed ICING!!! (I have yet to find a flaw!!!) Your designs are very original, great color combinations, and all around beautiful cakes. I completely envy your skill and artistic ability.

So far, I have only been able to copy designs or tweak other people's designs. I don't yet have the confidence to venture out of my copying comfort zone! Where do you live? Can I be your cake apprentice? icon_smile.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:23am
post #50 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaklotz1

jaklotz1

(gasps!) Ohhh...she spoke to me...she spoke to me...(looks around) yes she was speaking to me...she used my name...(nudges KrissieCakes) pinch me I think I'm dreaming...never gonna clean my monitor again icon_razz.gif

Nonsense jaklotz1...you are totally worthy within about 3 seconds (not a million years) of viewing one of your cakes - just long enough for one's eyes to focus in on the design & details!

thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:32am
post #51 of 105

Yup.. I agree...sooo worth it!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 10:49am
post #53 of 105

OMG...what an honor to be stalked! LOL...thank you so much Kiddiekakes and Xstitcher!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Let me see,,,there are sooooo many to choose from....but I always admired Antonia74...for her style and elegant and CLEAN work. There's nothing like a neat cake! And her cupcake towers are just lovely. Not to mention, she's a very nice person! (Hi Helen!)

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 11:19am
post #54 of 105

Well I have to say I love EDNA (tonedna). Her cakes are amazing! Plus, she is willing to share her wisdom and knowledge to others. She is a very busy women and she takes her time to answer each and every one of our amateur questions. I could pm her every day and just talk to her....but then she would just think I'm weird icon_redface.gif
Would love to meet her. She is a celebrity in my book! icon_biggrin.gif

edited to add: if your on my buddy list then I'm stalking your cakes icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #55 of 105
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Nope, I've never heard of Buddy. icon_rolleyes.gif I have a bit of an attitude against the food network challenges (I've studied under several who have been involved in them and just the behind the scenes horror stories were enough to put me off them). icon_confused.gificon_cool.gif I'd love to see his work though. Does Buddy have a website??

tonedna Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #56 of 105
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Nope, I've never heard of Buddy. icon_rolleyes.gif I have a bit of an attitude against the food network challenges (I've studied under several who have been involved in them and just the behind the scenes horror stories were enough to put me off them). icon_confused.gificon_cool.gif I'd love to see his work though. Does Buddy have a website??

I so agree with you!...The horror stories from them do turn me off. But not from watching, just participating on one. I love my work and enjoy teaching, but the stress of a challenge icon_surprised.gif ...my body wouldn't react well to this. I think Im best at watching them.

This weekend they had one called extreme challenge, and I often wonder why would this designers want to put themselves through this kind of stress!..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 5:59pm
post #57 of 105
Quote:

Here's a link to Buddy's website:

http://www.carlosbakery.com/

Besides being on the FN Challenges he's also going to be in a new reality show on TLC called Cake Boss starting Apr 19.

He's also a member here on CC id: buddyV

Adven68 I'm always happy to oblige, I'll be stalking away icon_lol.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:13pm
post #58 of 105

sugarshack is probably my #1!
I also love JenniferMI, Tonedna, Jkalman, ooooh there is a lot more

thefrostedcakencookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thefrostedcakencookie Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:36pm
post #59 of 105

wow KrissieCakes i am quite honored, but i don't think i deserve to have my name even mentioned in the same sentence as most of the people listed on here, lol.

i personally have several cake crushes:

louise - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-Louise.html (just love her cakes and cookies!)

sugarshack - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-sugarshack.html (everything she does is just sooo perfect!)

aine2 - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-aine2.html (she is the one that started my interest in fondant. thanks again lorraine!!!)

jkalman - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-jkalman.html (so extremely helpful and the bobble head littlest petshop cake is genius!)

fairytale - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-Fairytale.html (her name says it all, i just love her style)

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #60 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb78

wow KrissieCakes i am quite honored, but i don't think i deserve to have my name even mentioned in the same sentence as most of the people listed on here, lol.

You may not do huge tiered wedding cakes, but I think what you do does deserve some recognition. Your cupcakes are cute, colorful, perfect little swirls of icing, with the cutest little toppers ever.

I see some really beautiful cupcakes that look like little works of art, but they don't look edible to me. I can't imagine biting into a cupcake with all that stuff on it. Your cupcakes are beautiful and look like something that I would want to gobble up!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%