Diamond Impression--Someone Knows The Answer To This!

Decorating By stephbakes Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 1:38am by craftyone65

stephbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephbakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 3

I've read so many threads about using diamond impression mats, but my question still hasn't been answered:

With the Earlene mat, which is very large, how do I line up the top row of diamonds with the top edge of the cake? (preferably, without cutting it, so I can use it for varying heights of cakes in the future).

I've seen this on many gallery cakes, and even PMed people about it, with no response! Please...

2 replies
mom2owen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2owen1 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #2 of 3

i don't have an any of earlenes impression mats so i am not sure, but aren't they clear?

if you can't see through it enough to line up the top of the cake, what about positioning the cake near the edge of the workspace so you can line up the top of the mat with the top of the cake and the extra mat can hang over the edge of the counter. or put the cake up high using books or something?

don't know if that helps or not. sorry icon_sad.gif

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:38am
post #3 of 3

I purchased one from Earlene and used in for the first time on a heart shaped wedding cake. It worked really well and was pretty easy to use since it can be curved around the cake. I didn't really care if the diamonds were at the top of the cake (lined up) Have you bought one and played with it? I did notice it is much easier to use on fondant rather then buttercream. If you need to line it up with the top row can't you hold it up to the top where you want it and bend it slightly to make the impression on the bottom? Someone probably has a better suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%