Need Help On Individual Cupcake Packaging

Baking By sudie1 Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm by Dizzymaiden

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 6

Do any of you CC'ers have any creative suggestions for packaging individual cupcakes for clients? I was thinking of using the Chinese take-out boxes which can be purchased at any craft or party store. I am assuming these are considered food safe for the cupcakes?? Do the cupcakes transport okay or tend to tip over when packaged individually? I'm trying not to spend too much on the packaging but want them to look nice.

5 replies
Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 6

Hi- I went to a cake demonstration this weekend and they had some cute little cup cake holders. They looked like something you would get pudding in. Little plastic cups with dome shaped lids.

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:17am
post #3 of 6

That sounds perfect. Any idea on where to purchase these?

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 6

Hello. I'm also a newbie but I've done bulk baking of cupcakes, also. Wilton sells individual cupcake boxes in packages of 3. They come in all sorts of decorations and have inserts to hold the cupcake in place. You could also use individual cake slice boxes or mug boxes. When I use these, I make a nest of colored tissue paper to match the icing decorations. It holds the cupcake in place and adds a decorative touch. thumbs_up.gif

Hope this helps!

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:32am
post #5 of 6

you can get the clear plastic containers and dome lids at GFS Market Place stores. Here is a link to their web page and you can put in your zip code to find a store located near you.
http://www.gfs.com/en/gfs-marketplace-stores.page?
They come packaged 50 to a sleeve and honestly don't remember what the actual cost was, but I wouldn't buy something if it was not reasonable cost. The containers fit a regular cupcake perfectly.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for jumping in and helping out with info - to be honest I did not get the name of the person who sells those.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%