Wasc As Extender Recipe

Baking By warmvanillasugar1234 Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 2:11am by MRRRAR

warmvanillasugar1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warmvanillasugar1234 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 2

Can I use Kakeladi's ORIGINAL WASC as an extender recipe and not add any extracts to it?

Here's the recipe:
1 pkg Betty Crocker white cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3 whole eggs (even for white cakes)
1 cup water
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon almond emulsion (stronger than flavoring)

In a bowl, mix 1st 3 ingredients. (see notes below) Set aside.
Place remaining ingredients in mixer bowl then add the dry.
Mix on low (I use a KA mixer) speed for 30 seconds, until dry ingredients are incorporated; mix at medium 2 minutes.
This makes 1 & 1/2 times the usual batter than a 'straight' cake mix. It will fill one of the following pans: 8" sq; 12" round; 9x13x2; OR one 10" and 6" round.
Pour into pan(s) and bake as you usually do. I prefere to bake at 300 degrees F. for 20 minutes, then turn oven up to 325 degrees F. for an equal time OR until you can smell cake Smile If it has pulled away from the edges of the pan it is *over done*. You should have a flat cake that won't (usually) need leveling & is not sticky on the top when it cools.

Special NOTES:
That's right.......there is NO oil, butter or margarine in this recipe.
Use large eggs.
If almond extract (not emulsion) is used, add 2 teaspoons or to taste.
Can use ANY cake flavor
Flavorings can change depending on cake flavor you use. Try a combination of 1 part vanilla, 1/2 part butter flavoring and 1/4 part almond.
It is important to mix the dry ingredients well especially if using a chocolate mix or you will have white spots in the finished cake. I use a wire wisk.

1 reply
MRRRAR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRRRAR Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:11am
post #2 of 2

I haven't tried the recipe with any omissions but I am hoping someone who has might see your question & be able to help you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%