How Many Cupcakes Will A Dh Cake Mix Make?

Baking By knel Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm by Susie53

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 8

How many cupcakes will a Duncan Hines cake mix make, and how full should I fill each cupcake liner?

Thanks!

7 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 8

If you make them following the directions on the box you'll get 24 regular size cupcakes. Fill them about 2/3 full. I use an ice cream scoop so that each one gets the same amount.

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:35pm
post #3 of 8

thank you so much! Great idea with the ice cream scoop!!!!!!

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 8

I also use an ice cream scoop to measure my cupcake batter. It says on the back of the box that it makes 24 cupcakes, but I usually end up with 20-22 cupcakes. HTH

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 8

I do my first pass with a #16 scoop, then I go back over all of them with a #40 scoop.

Now...I've tried using those little nut cup thingys that are kind of popular, and those things will flow over like a volcano if you go over half full. I've destroyed thousands of cupcakes figuring out just how much batter to use in those! icon_redface.gif

tiersfromheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiersfromheaven Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 8

Recently I my son asked me last minute for cupcakes so I used a doctored Betty Crocker. I did used a small gravy ladle to fill the cupcakes and they baked up perfectly level with the cupcake wrapper. It came to 40 cupcakes!! He only needed 20 , some leftovers went to work with my husband and the rest went to my hips : )

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 8

I use a 1/3 measuring cup and fill the cups 2/3. They fill up evenly and right to the top of the paper cups. Makes 24 cupcakes.

Happy baking icon_smile.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

If you make them following the directions on the box you'll get 24 regular size cupcakes. Fill them about 2/3 full. I use an ice cream scoop so that each one gets the same amount.

This is what I do when I make cupcakes too. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%