Edible Images

Decorating By just_learnin Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm by just_learnin

just_learnin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_learnin Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 8

I am from Canada and wondering if anyone knows where I could get the supplies and printer needed to do edible image cakes with.

7 replies
Moofiebonbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moofiebonbon Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:10am
post #2 of 8

I am not from Canada, but I will try to help as best as I can. I purchased my supplies from www.IcingImages.com
Before I purchased my printer I went there to see which printers they provided edible ink for. Then I searched for the printers at office supply stores. I purchased mine (new of course) online at Staples. I then was able to get the edible ink and all of my supplies from Icing Images. They also sell the printers as well. I did check and they do offer shipping to Canada, I am just not sure of the cost. Wherever you do purchase your printer, it must either be brand new or never been used for regular ink printing, including refurbished, as it can poison people.
I hope this helps you.

joynach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joynach Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:14am
post #3 of 8

You could try Mcalls in Toronto, they have all that stuff.

2girliesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girliesmama Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:35am
post #4 of 8

You could try kopycake.com or e-bay (just make sure you purchase new not used if buying a specific model printer). On e-bay search edible image printer and usually you will get one or 2 hits. If the printer was used for only edible things it is okay to purchase used.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 8

You can get printers cheaper on ebay or office supply stores then you can icing images or kopykake. Kopykake has a list of printers that they sell cartridges for. My preference is epson as I've heard so many horror stories about the canon print heads clogging. My epson sits for months at a time without use and has never clogged on me. I got it on ebay for $60 which included a usb cable. It's an all in one and I love it. You can download edible artist free from this site http://www.deco.uk.com/content/view/101/137/ I think it's easier to use then the one from kopykake and you don't need credits to use it.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 8

I bought my regular(not edible) espon printer workforce 30 on ebay for $40. Then I got my edible ink from kopykake for $90. And I must say I'm very happy with it, it's works wonders.

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 8

I'm Canadian and I have an edible image printer. which I purchased at my local Staples store for $40 (on sale), Canon iP4500. I have to order the edible ink and frosting sheets online. I go through Icing Images. They are very nice to deal with. And if you have any problems they are there to help. There is maintenance to it (more than what I thought). But well worth it! I wish there was a place in Canada I could order though because it takes about 2 weeks to get an order from the states unless you go with express mail.

just_learnin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_learnin Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for all the advice, I will definitely look into it

Quote by @%username% on %date%