Rolled Bc On A Cookie And Wrapping Individually...???

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 7:04am by pattycakes55d

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:06am
post #1 of 6

I have a cookie order for a bridal shower due this weekend. The sister actually ordered them and she used to work at Cookies by Design...so of course I want them to turn out wonderful. In the past I have only used RI, but I would love to try Rolled BC, but I am scared to try it out on customers cookies. I was wondering if any of you had any tips, one big one is that I am supposed to wrap each cookie individually and tie with a ribbon, Rolled BC looks shinny and I was wondering how long after I applied it to the cookie could I wrap them without ruining the cookie??? One day?? Any other tips??? Maybe the best recipe for Rolled BC? Thanks in advance everyone...you are always so helpful.

Thanks again,

Sarah

5 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:14am
post #2 of 6

I have used rolled buttercream before, but never on cookies. It doesn't get hard. Even when you leave it on the counter for oh, say, a couple of days, the outside may seem like maybe it's drying, but then you poke it with your finger, and it's still squashy. And it has a very shiny look to it. Like greasy shiny, not RI shiny. So I guess you could use it, but be careful when transporting the cookies so the decorations don't get squished. Maybe it behaves differently on cookies. HTH icon_smile.gif

BakeLoveMom Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 9:57am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Cakemommy, maybe I will wait to try it on my own...thanks.

BUMP

Just in case anyone else has anymore tips.

Sarah

Marti1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marti1 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 10:42am
post #4 of 6

I have use it on cookies before, and wrapped them. They did just fine no problems at all. Was told that they were the best cookies ever. I did about 200 cookies packaged them 2 to a bag back to back.

BakeLoveMom Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #5 of 6

Thanks Marti1, T...did you use a recipe from this site???

Thanks again,
Sarah

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:04am
post #6 of 6

Hi,

I am fairly new to decorating and have done some cupcakes and cookies, however I used marshmallow fondant instead and found it so much easier to do. I just rolled it fairly thin and it worked great.

Good luck finding what works for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%