"he Doesn't Like This Cake!" She Said Loudly....

Decorating By indydebi Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 4:01am by LaBellaFlor

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 19

Had a last minute wedding last weekend and they had no wedding coordinator. So I'm running around telling the DJ, the Photog, the mom "when they are ready to cut the cake, come and find me so I can help them with the cut" (it's something I always do). Mom gets me 3 times and 3 times the couple is off doing something else. So I happen to glance out into the reception room and they are in the middle of the cake cutting. I pop into the room and I"m just standing there watching, since they've already actually cut it.

They are feeding baby bites to each other. When someone yells "Push it in his face!" the bride says, in a very loud voice, "Oh he doesn't LIKE this cake!" icon_surprised.gif aaauuuggghhh!!!!

So when they are done with the photos, I go over to cut the cake for the guests, and laughing I said to the bride, "Oh could you have announced any louder that he doesn't like my cake?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif She laughed and said, "Oh that's because we cut the wrong tier .... remember? He didn't like the raspberry filling! But he's looking forward to the chocolate groom's cake!"

After the fact, I find it to be a funny story. But when she made that announcement, I about died right there on the spot! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

18 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 19

I think I would have almost died to. I'm glad he likes your cakes though & just doesnt care for raspberry!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 19

Its too bad we dont all have an edit, backspace or delete button for our mouths.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 19

Okay Debi, step away from the weapons icon_lol.gif Maybe she just said it wrong, and that doesn't take away from how you feel, but I woudn't let it get you down.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 19

oh Debi I feel your pain.. icon_cry.gif That had to hurt your feeling sooo bad. At least she was only talking about raspberry. I have always had that fear of this happening. Ask that bride to refer you if someone asks her about cake. If she says good about your cakes maybe people will forget what she said.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 19

Too funny! icon_lol.gif I just hope we don't cut the wrong tier for ours. That would be horribly funny.

Oops. Wrong tier. Guess we have to cut another. icon_wink.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

Its too bad we dont all have an edit, backspace or delete button for our mouths.

Wouldn't THAT be a wonderful thing??

I would've died right there, Indy!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 19
Quote:

LMAO, I like that one

Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:36pm
post #9 of 19

oh I would have died!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:44pm
post #10 of 19

LOL... too funny Debi.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:49pm
post #11 of 19

Caught up in the moment I'm sure the bride wasn't thinking about how she was saying what she did. I probably would have inhaled my earrings had I been in your shoes Debi. I'm glad it was only that he doesn't like raspberry. Sounds like they took their mistake with a chuckle. I take it your heart got back into normal rhythm quickly when you knew the real story. That'd be a shocker though. Whew!!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:55pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:

That would be nice. I'd wear mine out. Somehow all my best intentions come out horribly wrong. icon_sad.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:10pm
post #13 of 19

Glad you can a good laugh now, but there should be a bleep button.

You said he did not like the raspberry filling and I was remembering my sons wedding last year when his now bride ordered her cake from someone else and requested raspberry filling for one layer and two other different flavors for the other layers. I insisted on making the grooms cake.

I asked my son what he wanted for his cake flavor and he said chocolate. Okay, what do you want for icing? He says nothing. He did not want icing or decorations with a theme. WHAT!!! I told him I would make a chocolate cake with chocolate filling and I made poured fudge for icing with crushed pecans on the sides. No frills.

Well, hardly anyone ate the brides cake and most of the grooms cake vanished in a short span.

I think they threw away the top layer of the wedding cake within a few months, because they did not like the taste of the rest of the cake.

I do not know what the problem was with the other cake because I never tasted it. It was poorly decorated and I guess it tasted just as bad. I was surprised because they were suppose to be a reputable bakery.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:43am
post #14 of 19

If I would have heard that I do not know what I would have done. I know how I would have felt. Thank God that was cleared up. But you got to laugh sometimes but not at that moment. You handle yourself well.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:51am
post #15 of 19

LOL too funny debi

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 5:38am
post #16 of 19

I feel for you, I hate that momentary face burning and ears ringing. Atleast you kept your composure, lol! Glad to hear it was just that he didn't like raspberries!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:30pm
post #17 of 19

Big ouch. Painfully clueless bride.

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 3:14am
post #18 of 19

I'm feeling for you Debi I'd have died too! I'm sure everyone loved the cake and soon forgot about the comment.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 4:01am
post #19 of 19

LMAO! I'm with you, I would have looked back & saw the humor too...way after the fact of course.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%