Air Compressor Help?

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm by sweetcakes

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I just got in my air compressor (for my airbrush). My husband ordered the one from harbour freight that is 30 psi, see here:

it is central pneumatic brand. I know nothing about it. It might as well be french. He did order me a 10ft braided airhose to go with it. I guess my main question is, do I need to purchase a moisture trap? The directions never specifically mention those words, they do say:

"Periodiaclly remove the filter cover and make sure it is clean. it serves as a filter for purifying the air the compressor takes in. The filter cup will fill with moisture from air that flows through the filter. After each use, push the drain under the cup to drain off moisture"

so, is THAT a moisture trap?


2 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:46am
post #2 of 3

Yes that is your moisture trap... You are all set to crank it up and have fun...

BTW, That's a nice one!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 3

30psi is a little too powerful for ab on icing, but it has a regulator so you will need to turn it down to about 15psi, so you dont spray holes if your icing. you can raise it for spraying on fondant or when spraying the lustre sprays though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%