Do You Have The Nintendo Wii Fit?

Lounge By butternut Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 12:24am by xstitcher

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 9

Hey everyone..... Ok, I just came back from Costco and they have just put out a good amount of the Wii Fits. The cost is 78.00 and I'm thinking of going back and getting one before they sell out. I'm wondering though if it is really good for a work out? Also, is this a good price? Thanks so much for your thoughts. Have a GREAT afternoon!!

8 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 9

well the lowest price I have seen on the Wii Fit is $89.00 so that sounds like a good deal to me ... I do not have the fit, but I have used my moms .. it seems like a good workout ... I have a game called outdoor challenge and it comes with a mat that you play on ... you can either just play the games, or do the exercise training .. I do the exercise training every day, it takes just about one hour and its a variety of workouts .. from running to jump rope to stomping moles to hurdling exercises .. it is really a workout ... I walk away out of breath and sweaty ... I know I have lost pounds doing this workout ... this game is $59.00 and before to long they are supposed to be coming out with another game that works with the mat. Just thought I would let you know about that option too!

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 9

We have the Wii fit, we got it when it first came out.

First I'll say that some people like it, some people don't. I'm one that doesn't, really. The game is split up into different categories, like Yoga, Strength, and games. The games are fun, no doubt about it, and it's nice to be able to have fun playing video games and be moving at the same time. But using it for a daily exercise regimen is blah. There's a lot of clicking with the remote in between each specific exercise. It just doesn't flow to me. But, like I said, it is a lot of fun for the gaming aspect.

The outdoor challenge game is a lot of fun, that TheCakerator suggested, too.

But my favorite is a game called "My Fitness Coach" for the Wii. it's basically just like those exercise vhs or dvd's. Except each day is different, not the same thing over and over and over. (If you've used those videos, you know what I mean, lol!) First you take a fitness test and punch in a lot of numbers at the beginning of the game like weight, height, inches around your arms and such. Then it customizes each day's workout to fit what you need. One day you might be working on flexibility, and the next your core, or lower body strength, etc. And it asks you a few times during the workout if it's too easy, or too hard, so it knows next time whether to make it harder or easier.

I guess you can tell that I really like that one, lol.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 9

We have a Wii fit and we like it.

I'm not on it as much as I should be but it does give you a workout. My husband and kids use it some too.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 9

I was looking into this item as well several months back and to my understanding you also need to purchase a Wii Console. Is that something you already have?

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:37am
post #6 of 9

oohooohooohhh!!!
me me!
Love it. The games with it are ok, but if you venture out and get some of the other ones like snowboarding, skateboarding, etc, they can be pretty fun.
Although, my friend got on it and in the cutest, sweetest voice, my wiifit proceeded to calculate her body weight and said... 'you are...obese'!!
And it said it with a smile!! heh
It's not for the faint-hearted!
icon_biggrin.gif

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 9

I got one couple months back for about $89 on sale. I mainly got it for my 6 yr old and also for the whole family to do. Its not something we pull out as much as we would like due to our hectic schedules, but when we do, everyone has a blast.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much everyone for your help. I appreciate it so much. We went back to Costco last night to pick one up and guess what? A little too late. They had sold out already. I should have known. Good thing is that they are getting in a new shipment really soon. I have this terrible habbit of getting exercise video's etc and then using them faithfully for a short time and then they get put away. Hopefully if I get the Wii Fit, I'll stick with it...
xstitcher - we purchased the console this past Christmas. The bowling is a lot of fun although I'm not too good at it.
bigsisof3kids - My fitness coach sounds pretty good. I'm gonna be on the look out for that one. Thanks for the suggestion.
It's funny that the Outdoor Challenge was mentioned. We also purchased a Wii for our grandkids for Christmas and we did get them that game. They live in a different state and I don't know how much they actually play it but I'm going to ask them about it. Thanks for that suggestion as well.
Thanks again everyone. Have a GREAT day!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:24am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

We went back to Costco last night to pick one up and guess what? A little too late. They had sold out already. I should have known. Good thing is that they are getting in a new shipment really soon. I have this terrible habbit of getting exercise video's etc and then using them faithfully for a short time and then they get put away. Hopefully if I get the Wii Fit, I'll stick with it...
Have a GREAT day!!!

Isn't that always the case? I do the humming and hawwing, think I'll come home check out the reviews and once satisfied, there all gone...

As for your habit, I think we've all done that. I bought a couple 2 months ago and one is still in it's package tapedshut.gificon_lol.gif

Have a great day too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%