***** April's Creative Cookie Club *****

Baking By freddyfl Updated 4 May 2009 , 2:22pm by michellesArt

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:16am
post #1 of 130

So, I remember that there used to be a cookie of the month club and a theme of the month, but I think they both faded out......I loved those threads, so I am just gonna start my own.
Here is the general idea, every month there will be a theme and anyone who wants to can add to it. The only rule is that the cookies should be new creations and not ones that are already in your photo gallery.
Since March is more than half over I will start this for April. Since April 12th is Drop everything and read day the first theme will be to create your favorite book or books into a cookie.......post as many cookies as you want, use your imaginations, and have fun! There are no winners, with the exception of everybody getting to see the amazing creations that are posted. I hope that all you talented and creative cookie people out there participate, this could be a really fun thread!

129 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:21am
post #2 of 130

Sounds like fun!
Linda

freddyfl Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:47am
post #3 of 130

to sweeten the pot a bit how about the first person to post a cookie creation gets to choose the next month's theme? So, baker's start your ovens!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:02am
post #4 of 130

this does sound like fun! i alreay have some ideas icon_biggrin.gif can't wait!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:01pm
post #5 of 130

How odd that just last night I was looking at book jackets, thinking how they'd make cool cookies! Now I just have to find the time....

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 130

This sounds great!

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:16pm
post #7 of 130

Oh, this sounds like a fun monthly thread. I am not good enough to play with the 'big girls' yet, but I need some more practice and I also want to expand my picture portfolio. So, I'm in.......
icon_biggrin.gif Heather

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:29pm
post #8 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe11

Oh, this sounds like a fun monthly thread. I am not good enough to play with the 'big girls' yet, Heather

I'm not either, but it sure sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to practice. Count me in.. icon_smile.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 130

Whoa, Freddyfl, you read my mind! I just saw an old thread two days ago about a cookie of the month idea they used to have and wondered what happened to it. So glad you did this! What a great idea! Can't wait to see what everyone does! Not sure I can play as I am heading out of town, but again, what a fun thing to do!! Thanks, Freddyfl!! icon_biggrin.gif

freddyfl Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #10 of 130

I am so glad you all are inteterested. remember you have the whole month of April to make something....and shoot, if you get to it after April, you can always post something anyways. Now, I wonder who will be first to post.....=)

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #11 of 130

I love these kinda threads - because they make you reach OUTSIDE of yourself to create something unique!! Maybe something you've never done - or THOUGHT you could do!

Im in too! icon_smile.gif Thanx Freddy!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #12 of 130

The problem before was that while everyone loved the idea, nobody would actually post pictures! Maybe this time the response will be better.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #13 of 130

YAY!!! I'm so glad that people are interested in participating in this kind of thing again!

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #14 of 130

OK y'all. I'm ready to roll. A friend of mine just called and told me he bought me 150 cookie cutters for $5.00 at a yard sale! WooHoo!!

GayeG Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #15 of 130

Ready to roll? That was a GOOD one!! icon_wink.gif

Wow! What a great deal!! That was nice of him! You have a terrific friend! Now you can get started on that book cookie! And dont forget to post a pic!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:56am
post #16 of 130

it was so much fun before. i do remember though that there were several months that no one posted at all. i don't always have time...but...i just happen to have a picture of some cookies i did last year. they are from one of my favorite books...the giving tree. these were mini cookies, all about 2" big.
LL

GayeG Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:59am
post #17 of 130

O - I LOVE The Giving Tree!! And these are adorable!!
*Woohooo* Our first post!!!

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #18 of 130

Here is my daughter's baby shower favor...She wants a pink hippos theme and I didn't find anything so, I made them for her, hope you like it. Thank you, Cbya thumbs_up.gif

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:18am
post #19 of 130

oppssssss !!! I don't know what's the problem now. I can't upload the picture icon_mad.gif

freddyfl Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:33am
post #20 of 130

Awesome, pictures already! Way cool. Okay kneadacookie....you get to think up the theme for next month. Love those cookies. Cbya, I hope you are able to upload your photos soon...can't wait to see them!

kneadacookie Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:15pm
post #21 of 130

nobody has any favorite books turned cookies??? i guess this is what happened to the cookie club before.

kneadacookie Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:18pm
post #22 of 130

my daughter loves max and ruby. the colors really bled. icon_cry.gif
LL

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:46pm
post #23 of 130

Cakedoll - party.gif Whoo hoo! Have fun with those!

Kneadacookie - icon_eek.gif Okay, how cute are those!!! I love The Giving Tree (always makes me tear up like that coffee commercial during the holidays!)! Your Max and Ruby cookies are adorable too! You always do such incredible work!

CybA - I have had that problem too when my pic size was too big. icon_sad.gif I still don't know how to get around that one and haven't had time to play with it. Looking forward to seeing your cute pink hippos though. icon_smile.gif

GayeG Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:50pm
post #24 of 130

Awww - my GS loves them too - they are adorable! And so are your cookies! They look EXACTLY like them!!! Cant wait to show them to my Grand Baby .. on 2 thought - maybe I shouldnt - coz he probably wont leave me alone till I make him some - course mine wont look like ^^^!
I've done some (maybe last year) but no pics - I WILL do some though!! B4 April is over! Promise!

freddyfl Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:54am
post #25 of 130

Kneadacookie, those max and ruby cookies are perfect! Don't get discouraged about lack of cookies so far, remember it is still only March...we have all of April left. My weekend has been too busy to do any cookies yet, but I have my plans ready! =-)

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:22am
post #26 of 130

Are we going to start a new thread for each month???

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:00pm
post #27 of 130

Can this Aussie join in please?

If so - do you think Admin would allow a special *Cookie of the Month* site be opened in the Gallery Section?
That way it would be easy for everyone to find all the Cookies Entered and we could just type April and give a short commentry on what book the Cookie represents and.....Just typing out loud icon_redface.gif

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

freddyfl Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:22pm
post #28 of 130

Yes, we will start a new thread every month. That would be cool to have a cookie of the month gallery, but I doubt that they would allow it. You can always PM them and ask though. It never hurts to ask. Everyone is allowed to participate. =)

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:38pm
post #29 of 130

freddyfl - Thankyou.
I will pm Admin now and ask about a seperate Cookie of the Month Gallery....then when i hear back from them i will post the reply here.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

kneadacookie Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:14pm
post #30 of 130

this weekend i will start a new thread with a new theme. i don't know if we should use easter or not. i mean people will definitely have cookies, but i don't know. i guess i'd like something different.....we'll see....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%