Teacher Appreciation Day....need Some Fresh Ideas...help

Decorating By tinygoose Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09am by GenGen

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:09am
post #1 of 12

Ok, so I've volunteered to do the cake for teacher appreciation day at my 1st graders school It needs to serve at least 30, but 40 or 50 would be ok too. I've done the apple (last year), done a PB&J sandwich, thought about books, thought about the stacked chalkboard cake.....I don't know....I was thinking something carved......something original...anyone...anyone?? Just through them your ideas up there...good or bad...., I'm stumped. Thanks!!

11 replies
nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:22am
post #2 of 12

Uuuhhhh... I'm glad I came across this thread, would love to hear some new ideas! icon_smile.gif

val25dejesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val25dejesus Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 12

How about making a giant crayon or giant pencil?? That might be fun. Or maybe you can make a wise old owl? Or how about a school bus? I hope I helped icon_biggrin.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:35am
post #4 of 12

This photo has been in my favorites for a long time : http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1210879
Maybe that will be some inspiration. Good luck!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:39am
post #5 of 12

When is Teacher Appreciation Day?

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:43am
post #6 of 12

Crayola crayons? The box of 96 upright with the top flipped open and some spilling out. Maybe even a broken one. I did a quick one that was a piece of notebook paper (lined) with a bite out the side and wrote the dog ate my homework. They loved it!

Good luck!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:53am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

The first week of May is Teacher's Appreciation Week and May 5th is Teacher's Appreciation Day.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:55am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NefGaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

The first week of May is Teacher's Appreciation Week and May 5th is Teacher's Appreciation Day.

Thanks!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #9 of 12

icon_lol.gif Speaking as a person who teaches 373 little darling computers 5 days a week, I would suggest a summer cake....with a countdown to how many more days the teachers get to spend with the little darlings before vacation!!!!!

Jodie

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:00am
post #10 of 12

this is one i did for a teachers appreciation day: i found a photo online for something else and adapted it to what you see here. made my own stencil for it.
it was a sheet cake.. (i think, big one anyways lol) and you can't see it in the photo but at the bottom of the blue circle in yellow is the schools name date etc.

the text "we appreciate you" was specifically reqeusted other wise i'd have went with something else.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:01am
post #11 of 12

Ummm...

Oh yeah we like her that much!
LL

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #12 of 12

lol no offense, i hate those poo- cakes ... i do dig the flies though lol..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%