One Day Sale Confusion

Decorating By Cakenicing4u Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 12:42am by Marmette

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:59am
post #1 of 33

I just got an email at 8:40 pm EST for a one day sale that expires at 10pm EST-- what day exactly is it good for? I posted it here in case there were others with the same conundrum! I work until 10 tonight so it does me no good tonight! Waaaaaa

32 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 33

i assumed it was for tonight. since they sent it before midnight.. i could not get on the site thru the e-mail.. logged on to site.. and still couldn,t go thru the whole process. i e-mailed them.. won,t hear probably until tomorrow.. hope they fix the problem.. we,ll see.

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 33

I am always up for a sale. Where is the sale at? Is it open to all?

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:11am
post #4 of 33

I'm with you. My email just got here. That only gives me 50 minutes to log in and shop. Simply not enough time. Don't know why they did this.

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:14am
post #5 of 33

I just got an e mail about 5 minutes ago. No way I can shop "smart" in that amount of time. It's too bad. I definitely would have taken advantage of this.

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #6 of 33

I had my car full, so when I read the e-mail, i just went to the site and check out, I saved $15.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:19am
post #7 of 33

I just got the email also. Not a lot in there to indicate the date, but there is a leprechaun at the bottom. Could it be for tomorrow?

I know the discount isn't good by phone but maybe you could get through by phone and ask? Maybe shop online and have your order ready to go while you are calling?

Good luck!

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:20am
post #8 of 33

I also just got the e-mail. It's 15% off normal priced items with these exceptions "Excludes Satin Ice & Choco-Pan Products, Quantity Discounted Items, Scott Woolley, and Nicholas Lodge DVD's, Sale & Clearance Items. No special orders-in stockmerchandise only. This is a one day sale. Orders must be placed on the internet. Phone orders are not eligible. Global Sugar, promotion code "Patty15"
I'm in the site, hope I can place an order.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:21am
post #9 of 33

I took it to mean the sale was actually for tomorrow (and we're getting the e-mail tonight) since they had little Patty St. Patrick at the bottom, but maybe I'm wrong. Surely they don't expect people to shop in one hour (depending on your time zone).

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #10 of 33

Well I didn't want to take any chances since I literally have 35 things on my wishlist, so I just went ahead and bought it now and the code worked, just in case some people were going to wait until tomorrow.

A couple of the things I had were on backorder the last time I ordered so I was afraid they would sell out again - thanks to OP for the heads up!! icon_smile.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #11 of 33

Hmmm, I got my email at 9:55pm and the sale says good until 10pm. I'm thinking that the sale is meant for the 17th, tomorrow. But then again, if that is the case how did the people who ordered tonight get the discount? Hmmmm, I'm really confused. icon_confused.gif I would really like to order some stencils........

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:28am
post #12 of 33

Maybe they just activated the code when they sent the emails and it will end tomorrow night at 10?

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:56am
post #13 of 33

Wonderful. I'm so glad we just placed a $140 order for items that would have qualified for the sale on Friday! icon_mad.gif

This illustrates exactly why we never do "show specials" for bridal shows, so we don't to screw anybody over that placed an order 3 days before the show and paid full price!!

icon_smile.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:17am
post #14 of 33

Hmmm...Was this email sent through CC or direct from GSA? I didn't get this email on the sale notification icon_sad.gif.

butternut Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:18am
post #15 of 33

My email was sent directly from Sugar Global Art.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #16 of 33

The sale is for today. icon_smile.gif

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:03pm
post #17 of 33

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the confusion. The sale ends tonight, March 17th at 10:00 pm Eastern Time.

However, the high demand crashed our internet server this morning and they are trying to repair the problem right now. We hope to be up and running within a few hours. My apologies for the confusion and site problems.

Being a Frenchman, I should not have counted on the luck of the Irish today! I just thought it would be a fun surprise for my customers in this tough economy.
Alan

butternut Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:37pm
post #18 of 33

Thanks so much Alan. Yes, it is a very pleasant surprise. I just LOVE sales!!!

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm
post #19 of 33

Well, I got my order into my basket before the crash but that is as far as I got! Gotta keep tryin'! Should have seen it comin' as some of the pages were not loading right!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:47pm
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

My email was sent directly from Sugar Global Art.

Thanks butternut...I'll have to find out why I didn't get it icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:55pm
post #21 of 33

Alan,

How do I get on the mailing list for future sales. I have purchased from GSA before.

thanks

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm
post #22 of 33

I didn't get the email either....but it wouldn't have done me any good I ordered 2 days ago. icon_cry.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm
post #23 of 33

Hmmm I didn't get it. I have ordered from Global Sugar Art before so i should be on the list.

AlanT Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #24 of 33

Update! Our server is still giving us problems due to the high volume. We are being upgaded to a new much larger computer server tonight to handle the volume of customers. Hopefully it will be fixed by this evening.

I am extending the sale through March 18th, 10:00 PM.

If you are one of the customers that did not receive our email newsletter, please check your spam file or blocked settings. Some people use their work email and our newsletters are removed before they reach you. AOL is famous for deleting all our emails as well.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience. Alan (what a day! ) icon_eek.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:21pm
post #25 of 33

Alan, your are one busy man today.

thanks for following up with this. I did check my spam (nothing)

if I send you a pm with my email address, could you try again?

thank you

butternut Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:49pm
post #26 of 33

I'm so glad that the sale has been extended another day. I've tried several times to get onto the site but it's still saying that it's down. It's kinda been one of those days for me too Alan. So I know how you're feeling. One step forward, three steps back... icon_rolleyes.gif Tomorrow has to be better!! Thanks again!!!!!

AlanT Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #27 of 33

Looks like the site may be down until tomorrow morning. They have to move my site to a new server which can take several hours. ALan

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:04pm
post #28 of 33

Wow! Can't wait till it's fixed!

Alan- will you be at the cake show this weekend in VA? If so- could we pick our items up there?

AlanT Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #29 of 33

No, we will not be in VA for the show this week. I had prior commitments so I could not attend. Alan

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:08pm
post #30 of 33

I am sooo glad i came here to see what's going on. I started 'shopping' on the site yesterday but wasn't finished and left the rest for today. When i saw the sale in my email, i quickly finished up and went to checkout but it said the site is down and to check in a couple of minutes. I've been checking for the last 3 hours......nothing.
Thank you, Alan, for extending the sale as i don't know how much longer i can keep checking on it today.
Good luck to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%