Any Way To "revive" Iced Cookies That I Left Out??

Baking By CakeDiva73 Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 12:10pm by GeminiRJ

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:08am
post #1 of 5

So I made Shamrock cookies for an order (to be shipped) on March 12th and made extras for my kids....but then I put them on a high shelf and forgot about them. Did I mention I forgot to package them too?

So I brought down the tray today and they are hard. Now these are just for my kids but still, is there anyway to soften these? Do I nuke them for 10 seconds and hope they don't melt? Do I put them in a bag with a piece of bread? Put in oven with steamy water?

I am a desperate woman and just want to make these slightly softer and more edible for them - thanks. icon_lol.gif

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:11am
post #2 of 5

I would do the bread thing. An apple slice also works.
Anyone who has microwaved a flour-based product knows that when it cools it will often get even harder than it was before being nuked.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:23am
post #3 of 5

I definitely agree with playingwithsugar ~ try the bread route.
Good Luck!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:26am
post #4 of 5

Yah, Ive heard the apple thing and definetly dont nuke them or you will be able to lay them as flooring!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 5

I've found that, sometimes, you can just put them in a tightly sealed container and they will soften up after a couple days. So sorry you forgot them! I can understand how you must've felt when you pulled them down. I bet your kids will be a forgiving bunch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%