I'm So Thankful

Lounge By Karema Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm by kjt

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 8

I just want to say thank you all for being so caring and understanding on the site. I can honestly say that some of you really do care about your fellow CC'ers. As some of you know my family and I have been going through a very tough time. Just a few background info for those of you who dont know. My husband lost his job around 5 months ago and then he didnt get unemployment. He got another job and it was horrible so he took a temp position at a store for the holidays and was let go from that before new years. We have had no income and we have two children and one on the way.

We have been trying to do my cake business but I've had to take it easy because I was on bed rest. Well we are so behind on bills and we are still in our home because our landlord is so generous to let us stay here 7 months without a dime of rent. Well today I woke up and just said to my husband can you please just call unemployment and find out what happened. Well it turns out that no one ever put it in the system even though he was claiming evey week. Well it turns out they are going to give us the back money and he can claim now that he is still out of work. I'm so grateful and thankful. So many people have been so generous and understanding. Someone from this site even sent my family a gift card for diapers and school clothes. I wont say who because I wouldnt want to embarass her but I can't believe how people still care about each other. I just want to thank God and praise him for getting us through this situation and not having us on the street and our van taken even though we are four months behind on the payments.

Thank you all for being there for me an my family. I know that this wont solve everything for us, but it will help us stay afloat a little while longer.

Thank you
Karema

7 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 8

That is very good news, Karema! I'm so glad you are finally getting a break and something good happening for you.

Please continue to take care of yourself and your little one, and keep us posted.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 8

I'm so happy to hear that- Now you can relax a bit! Concentrate on growing that baby!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 8

I'm so happy that things are getting at least a little bit better for you & your family. I pray things continue to improve & that your new little one continues to grow strong in mama's tummy!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 8

That's good Karema, that there is going to be some money coming in and that you have such a wonderful landlord. i will say another prayer for you, and hope things continue to get better. icon_smile.gif
Take care of yourself.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 8

im so glad you got a bit of good news. i think you are great on here, im glad people here have been a help to you. hope things keep picking up for you.
xx

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 8

Being out of income is not fun! I am glad things are starting to fall into place! It sounds like that whole unemployment thing is an absolute miracle! WE know how tough they can be and never retro active! So Amazing! My hubby was perm-layed off a week before our fourth baby was due two years ago and employment has been spotty since then with being off half a year here and there. Times are hard! Prayer works and so do people careing about one another. That is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing your story and I am adding you to my prayer list. Keep your chin my love all things shall pass!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 8

What an uplifting post! I'm so glad that things are looking up for your family. Isn't it awesome that when God says He'll take care us He REALLY means it! icon_smile.gif
All the best, and I hope that good things happen to the generous CCer who shared with you, too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%