lv2bake Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 2:46am
post #1 of 6

I have an order for 150 cupcakes of an assortment

German chocolate
Carrot Cake
Black forest
Vanilla ----- some with buttercream, and some with whipped
Chocolate ----- some with buttercream, and some with whipped

I am wonddering how soon I can start making them they are due on March 22 at 6:30 pm
If I make them early and freeze them will they taste funny? Can they be frozen and topped later? I really need help on this I have never made so many at one time. Thank you.

5 replies
caramelchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caramelchef Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 6

Well you can make the batters and frostings the night before and just bake and ice on the day. Or if you want you can bake the night before and store in the refrigerator

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:23am
post #3 of 6

I've never made so many - but I usually freeze them so they are a little easier to decorate.... I wrap them really well in the saran wrap stuff and then put them in a ziploc baggie. And they usually aren't in there more than 2 - 3 days. Good luck! That's a lot of cupcakes!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:31am
post #4 of 6

If it was me, as a SAHM, I'd bake all day on the 20th-I can fit 24 cupcakes in my oven at approx 30min bake 7batches is about 4hrs or so giving yourself time to fill and let the pans cool between batches., frost on the 21rst, pkg and deliver on 22nd.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bake

If I make them early and freeze them will they taste funny? Can they be frozen and topped later?

They are only 6 days away from being delivered. They will taste fine if they are baked today or tomorrow and frozen first! Just wrap them carefully as imartsy suggested. I myself have done it by putting them all in a brownie pan and then laying a big piece of saran directly over them (meaning, ensuring that the saran itself touches the top of each cake to seal it in) and then wrapped the whole pan in a layer of foil. Or two icon_smile.gif. I've wrapped individually too but you will go broke from all of that saran wrap LOL.

lv2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv2bake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone, I have decided I am going to bake all of them on the 21st and fill and decorate on the 22nd that morning.
I am trying to make a doctored cake mix in chocolate and vanilla and just make different toppings
oreo, mint, peanutbutter etc.

I have icing already made can anyone tell me how make a mint icing? I seen a green icing and was wondering if I could just fold in green coloring, and mint extract? maybe tp with a cherry. Trying to figure out the quickest way to get these done. thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%