A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:44pm
post #25801 of 25877

Hopefully they will pull their fingers out their arse's and sort it. Just tried logging back in as it kicked me out 

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 5:49pm
post #25802 of 25877

Hi Kathy, glad to see you finally got on!

Just been on the 'it's up and running' type thread set up by heath. Two replies from Jackie, both fixing minor things, no fecking information about anything, no replies to other queries (I did a list of things, not even bothered to acknowledge them). 

I reckon kelsey's right, they didn't want to pay so they decided to do it themselves. It even says in that thread that Jackie had done the whole thing herself. There's a bloody reason people get paid for this sort of thing, it's because they know how to do it! It shouldn't have taken a week (hello amateur having a go) , they should have the courtesy to say 'it's a bit pants, we're trying to fix it', and most of all they should have had a professional do it! 

Ffs, tiddy set up a working and workable forum in an afternoon. I appreciate it didn't need as much doing as this site would, but c'mon! 

Hunterschild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hunterschild Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 6:16pm
post #25803 of 25877

And I thought it was just me!!! Just opened up my emails having just spent the last few days away, to find over 200 emails from cakecentral.com - to say I was ever so slightly annoyed is putting it politely, thankfully I was able to double check on deleting that I had not missed any cake orders! 

post #25804 of 25877

And I thought it was just me!!! Just opened up my emails having just spent the last few days away, to find over 200 emails from cakecentral.com - to say I was ever so slightly annoyed is putting it politely, thankfully I was able to double check on deleting that I had not missed any cake orders! 

post #25805 of 25877

lellylemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lellylemondrop Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 6:17pm
post #25806 of 25877

Lizzy you hit the nail on the head there, very amateurish , you would have thought they would have got the professionals! 

Lizzybug78 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 6:24pm
post #25807 of 25877

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/783394/problems

Leanne (admin) has posted a decent reply on the above thread. More than can be said for heath (who started  a thread and then didn't bother replying to it) and Jackie (who on the same thread ignored loads) 

off to  clean out my emails... 

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 6:28pm
post #25808 of 25877

What the ell is going on? I've been getting non stop notification emails from Cake Central. How can I make them stop? It's drained 40% of my phone battery in the past 2 hrs!! 

cakedaysdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedaysdesigns Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 6:29pm
post #25809 of 25877

Aaaaarrrgghh  the emails are just doing my head in!!!!!!!  Help me before I sink in the abyss of data.......

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 6:42pm
post #25810 of 25877

Hellooooo! Cakey mates 

I finally managed to get on after trying to sign in at 8:30 this morning to be told my password was wrong which it wasn't. After clicking the reset password thing 3 times  but not receiving the emails to actually reset it, as well as messaging on the help section for cc to sort it I have finally now just received the reset email.

Got to say so far I'm not impressed with the upgrade but hopefully the bugs will get worked out soon especially not being able to post photos in the thread we need that.

Hope everyone is well and has had a good week, I have missed talking to you all this last week.

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 6:47pm
post #25811 of 25877

Welll I can refresh the end page of the thread by pressing "ctrl R" at the same time....

....maybe when answering ppl I need to keep 2 tabs open so reply in one tab...then press Ctrl R on the 2nd tab to see up to date replies!!!

Anyway I just managed to register for the UK Bakers clan....I've yet to set an avatar pic..

...now to go and try and turn off all these emails!!!! ...for the second time

...and @roxy   ...it took over 5 and half hours for my 'here is your Password reset email'!

roxylee123 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 7:08pm
post #25812 of 25877

Arrrg I have only just realised you guys were talking on ukbc, I was on there the other day looking at recipes and never even thought to check, and here's me sitting here all week not being able to chat to my cakey mates. Having withdrawal symptoms I was lol. ( inset duh!  smilie here)

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 7:10pm
post #25813 of 25877

Omg they really broke the damn website didn't they.  I have been spammed beyond belief, both my inbox and junk box are full of cc emails!

couldnt oh in via of the incorrect password thing.

way to take something that was a bit outdated but functional and Completely mess it up....

hi by the way

cakedaysdesigns Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 7:30pm
post #25814 of 25877

Hi Sian and Roxy - gonna go to the baker's clan for a bit as I've got so many emails I can't believe it.

Kathy 

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 8:25pm
post #25815 of 25877

Well I have 88 next to my bell!  Do I win?

This is soooo painful to use now.

Remind me of the bakers clan site, pls?

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 8:37pm
post #25816 of 25877
nannycook121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook121 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 10:38pm
post #25817 of 25877

Hi guys, still not liking the flipping upgrade then?

smysha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smysha Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 11:39pm
post #25818 of 25877

I signed onto CC using my junk email account. I just logged in to see the state of it. 103 emails. Niiiiice! @Relznik  pass that trophy here please!

Lizzybug78 Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 11:52pm
post #25819 of 25877

Nice try smysha - I deleted over 70 this afternoon and I have over 100 again now! :) 

Also cleared notifications twice today and I'm back up to 58! 

nannycook121 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 6:58am
post #25820 of 25877

I have 79 notifications! I can't be bothered with this. Aw what are we going to do?

nannycook121 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 7:00am
post #25821 of 25877

You know, the worse bloody thing about this crap is, as soon as you submit your post it goes straight back to first post 2009, some conversation!  Utter crap honestly.

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 8:39am
post #25822 of 25877

Morning all.

You've been talking on the bakers clan??? I went there some time ago while all this so called upgrading was going on, and I didn't see anyone else on it.

Lizzy, I'm not surprised heath and jackie ignore people's queries. They never answer emails and posts on CC. I suppose all they're interested in is the advertising, magazine and any other income generating they've got going. 

Kuuushi, that's appalling if true. This is an extremely complicated site to try and make without the necessary know how.

I'm going to click submit now, which means I'll be taken back to page one of this thread grrrr

roxylee123 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 8:51am
post #25823 of 25877

Morning nanny and Petitecat hope your well.  Kathy has just posted on ukbc I think she she's had enough of this upgrade already though I can't say I blame her it's pants.

Nanny your friends cake is fab, Kathy said it was on instagram so I googled it, you did a lovely job. I hope you was pleased with how it turned out you should be.

Lizzybug78 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 8:57am
post #25824 of 25877

Morning Jean :) 

We were all being quiet over there, hiding :D

I think it was just Kathy, Nicola and I - couldn't think how to let people know we were there! 

Yeah, I've seen a couple of short replies from Jackie (who to be fair may well be trying to rectify the shite that this site has thrown up) but heath had just sodded off. Leanne is the only one who's managed to make me feel like anyone gives a damn. I was genuinely impressed with her response. 

I have a Pandora cake going out today, and then I want to look at a cake for my eldest's birthday latest this month. He likes a game called don't starve so I want to try and do a character from that. In reality he'll end up with another square block of a cake with mini eggs on it, but atm the thought is there :D

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 9:05am
post #25825 of 25877

Morning all. :-)

is anyone else missing the little arrow that took us straight to the bottom of the page? 

And why can't we post photos? 

Is it just us lot who are not happy or is it everyone? 

It's so hard to do anything on here.  I can't even figure out how to find a list of threads or forums. It seems I can see a few most recent but that's all.

maybe it's better on a computer but I very rarely use my laptop, I'm always on my mobile.

nannycook121 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 9:22am
post #25826 of 25877

Hi all, so nice to see you back, god knows why, I hate it now.

Yes roxy, I p I step it on Instagram by mistake, she isn't on there so didn't mind. Gotta deliver it in an hr, yes I am pleased with. On to the next cake for tomorrow, micky mouse (soft toy from them) in an explosion cake, had a go last night to see how it's done, not too bad. 

cakedaysdesigns Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 9:24am
post #25827 of 25877

Hi Maisie - it's me!!  I think we seem to be the only ones complaining - I felt a little wrist slap from another commentator that might have been aimed here.  If I can get my old user name to work that would be a start.  Anyway - I might take a little break from here - I'll check in occasionally (just to see if I can get my old user name to work again).  It's just winding me up. 

Kathy 

roxylee123 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 9:26am
post #25828 of 25877

ARRRG! The stupid thing has just erased my reply.

Morning Lizzy and Maisie hope your ok.

I don't think it's just us Maisie I think everyone is having problems and aren't very happy with the upgrades. I'm sure in the next few weeks things will get back to some kind of normal, I wish they would hurry up and sort it though this getting bounced back to the first page every time you post is super annoying.

I think we should set up something so that if cc goes down again we can all get in touch especially as not all of us are on facebook. I would hate to lose touch with you all.

roxylee123 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 9:29am
post #25829 of 25877

look forward to seeing the mickey cake Nanny

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 7 Mar 2015 , 9:30am
post #25830 of 25877

Was that on the problems thread Kathy? Someone said it's worth remembering CC is the best free cake site? I've just replied to that, I said it used to be but not anymore. Tiddy's is better than this so if they ask for an example if a better free one I can provide them with one. :-)

i don't understand why they missed with it tbh. If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

I hope everyone and their families are well, I've really missed you all.

i don't do Instagram nanny, is this cake on your Facebook?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%