Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 7:38am
post #24271 of 25877

ATiddy can't wait for the tutorial

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 9:09am
post #24272 of 25877

Well just breathing a bit more slowly now!  The guy who ordered the cake loves it.  He was quite shocked I think at the detail (I have no idea what he thought he was going to get).  Anyway - acid test at about 10am when it goes public and is presented and cut.  I feel like a surrogate mother!  (Not really - but you get the gist).

Hi Loubee - yes my son loves his job.  He's going to see Stomp! today with Year 7.  He has some "challenging" kids in his class - this school was failing about 3 years ago and there's been an injection of teaching talent to help boost it.  Not sure where my son fits in with that description but I actually believe he is a gifted teacher anyway (he used to teach swimming in a pool in Middle*** while he was at university) - I have watched him teach and he has "something" - don't know what it is but he has it!  Yeah - he does need reminding - constantly - to go and do marking and stuff.  I feel like a nag but if it were my child.......

Tiddy - sorry didn't have time to stop for long yesterday as it was all about me!  Haha!  Waiting with baited breath to hear about your secret plans!  How's your hubby now?  Sorry, forgot to ask.

And finally ladies....the boy smell doesn't disappear.  Sorry to deflate your bubbles!  I can vouch for that!

Kathy

This flippin' filter!!!  He taught in Uxbridge!!  :)

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 9:58am
post #24273 of 25877

AHehe, I used to live in middle***, always gets screened out :-D

I'm not surprised he loved it Kathy, it's a great cake!

Some teachers are just like that aren't they. He'll be the one the kids remember. My youngest's teacher was fab (she's the one I did the book cake for) and her kids go back all the time to her. At the Christmas fair she had more 'helpers' made up of her last class than she did customers :-D

And thanks for the heads up about boys. That's depressing. I just don't get why they are so happy to be disgusting - grotty is just the right word for it Maisie! Honestly, I can't wait till they're interested in girls cos with any luck they'll actually wash occasionally then!

lellylemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lellylemondrop Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 11:38am
post #24274 of 25877

.. I can't wait till they're interested in girls cos with any luck they'll actually wash occasionally then!

ha ha Lizzy, this made me chuckle :D

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 12:11pm
post #24275 of 25877

AJust made some leek and potato soup for lunch and it reminded me of our soup discussion, nanny how are you and Sarah feeling now

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 12:12pm
post #24276 of 25877

My daughter complains that the boys in her high school spray a ton of lynx (the fragrance of choice!) on themselves to the point that it is overpowering. 

Anything to keep her uninterested in boys for longer in my opinion is great in my books :D

Lizzybug78 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 12:26pm
post #24277 of 25877

A

Original message sent by petitecat

My daughter complains that the boys in her high school spray a ton of lynx (the fragrance of choice!) on themselves to the point that it is overpowering. 

Anything to keep her uninterested in boys for longer in my opinion is great in my books :D

Lol, my youngest (12) went out last year to buy aftershave. He insisted he wanted to buy it himself, spent £50 on a bottle of Diesel :o He also wears Lynx :-D He generally smells better than my eldest though so I'm not complaining :-D

Love the smbc tip btw, that sounds so weird that I have to try it :-)

DaysCakes Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 12:30pm
post #24278 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by petitecat 

Yeah agreed - it's probably because they don't wash often enough!

By the way Jean - I loved the Dr Oetker sugar paste.   I was a bit worried at first but found it very soft and easy to work with.  I also seem to have tons left over as I got it a bit thinner than usual.

Tiddy - any news on the ticino sugar paste or whatever it's called?

Kathy

nannycook121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook121 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 12:36pm
post #24279 of 25877

AAwww, chezza, getting better, decided to take the day off, still got such a bad cough, may go back tomorrow though, last few yrs our boss has decided not to pay us for days off, so I don't get paid and now being partime I can't afford not to go in, sadly.

Sarah's doing ok too bless her, but her work clothes are hanging of her, but abit of sad news today for her while she was away in Berlin her boss had a heart attack, sadly he died last night.

She cried her out this morning, she keep saying there's so many things I needed to discuss with him about this project, what am I going to do? He was head of Trading Standards in the council, apparently he was very fit, always active and he was 63.

How are you feeling these days chezza?

Hi tidds, nice to see you back.

How is Mr Tidds?

petitecat Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 12:46pm
post #24280 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzybug78 
Love the smbc tip btw, that sounds so weird that I have to try it icon_smile.gif

Your mixer will thank you for it :-D

Kathy, I've used the dr oetker for the marshmallow cake and the tulip cake. It smooths beautifully- seems to get rid of a lot of marks with a lot of smoothing. 

Nanny, what sad news. Sorry for Sarah xxx

nannycook121 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:32pm
post #24281 of 25877

AI'm attempting to make a shoe ( not like yours lizzy) not as high heeled and not a full sized shoe, this is for my cake next Thurs, and also a bag, not sure how it will go but I thought as i'm home I may as well do something useful, god I must be feeling better,lol.

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:38pm
post #24282 of 25877

A

Original message sent by nannycook121

Awww, chezza, getting better, decided to take the day off, still got such a bad cough, may go back tomorrow though, last few yrs our boss has decided not to pay us for days off, so I don't get paid and now being partime I can't afford not to go in, sadly.

Sarah's doing ok too bless her, but her work clothes are hanging of her, but abit of sad news today for her while she was away in Berlin her boss had a heart attack, sadly he died last night.

She cried her out this morning, she keep saying there's so many things I needed to discuss with him about this project, what am I going to do? He was head of Trading Standards in the council, apparently he was very fit, always active and he was 63.

How are you feeling these days chezza?

Hi tidds, nice to see you back.

How is Mr Tidds?

Oh how horrible for her after being so ill herself as well, I am thinking of her at this sad time. I am ok nanny can eat what I want now without side effects lol but I am trying not to eat that much fatty food now as the gall stones done me a favour as I have got to the point I am quite happy with my weight lol but hopefully with the gym and healthy eating I can stay how I am lol

nannycook121 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:42pm
post #24283 of 25877

AOh gosh chezza, I wish I was in a happy place with my weight, I gave managed to lose a 1lb due to not eating as normal and the coughing, I will make an effort soon, I have so many nice clothes I never wear, got about 20 coats, one I wear, how sad is that?, it doesn't help I just made viennese whirls,lol.

petitecat Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:44pm
post #24284 of 25877

Chezza, that's great you've got to a weight you're happy with. So do you know yet whether you'll have to be gluten free for life?

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 2:54pm
post #24285 of 25877

A

Original message sent by petitecat

Chezza, that's great you've got to a weight you're happy with. So do you know yet whether you'll have to be gluten free for life?

It was the fat that affected me but I don't have to be fat free but I am trying to keep it to a min so I don't pile on loads of weight, nanny I have loads of clothes but I only wear a few different outfits everyday now that's sad lol

DaysCakes Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 3:17pm
post #24286 of 25877

That's how Rosemary Conley made her fortune Chezza - she didn't want a gall bladder operation.... and the rest is history - well it is for her now as her business went downhill last year.  I used to go to her classes (couldn't follow the diet properly unfortunately

Sorry to hear about Sarah's news Barbara - it's a shock, that's what it is.  Got an email yesterday from the wife of one of guys here - lovely guy too - who died suddenly a year ago exactly.  I can remember how we were all stunned by the news.  Nobody could get their head around it - he was only 54. But  63 is no age at all these days.  She needs time to adjust.  The bag and shoe sound nice Barbara - I would love to do a shoe.  I keep saying to myself that I will do one just for the fun of it but I don't.  However, I love the sound of the Viennese whirls!

Just ordered myself a Makins extruder - I broke my other one doing the bike.  I hope it is made of sterner stuff than the other one.

Kathy

Loubee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loubee Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 4:50pm
post #24287 of 25877

A

Original message sent by DaysCakes

Well just breathing a bit more slowly now!  The guy who ordered the cake loves it.  He was quite shocked I think at the detail (I have no idea what he thought he was going to get).  Anyway - acid test at about 10am when it goes public and is presented and cut.  I feel like a surrogate mother!  (Not really - but you get the gist).

Hi Loubee - yes my son loves his job.  He's going to see Stomp! today with Year 7.  He has some "challenging" kids in his class - this school was failing about 3 years ago and there's been an injection of teaching talent to help boost it.  Not sure where my son fits in with that description but I actually believe he is a gifted teacher anyway (he used to teach swimming in a pool in Middle*** while he was at university) - I have watched him teach and he has "something" - don't know what it is but he has it!  Yeah - he does need reminding - constantly - to go and do marking and stuff.  I feel like a nag but if it were my child.......

Tiddy - sorry didn't have time to stop for long yesterday as it was all about me!  Haha!  Waiting with baited breath to hear about your secret plans!  How's your hubby now?  Sorry, forgot to ask.

And finally ladies....the boy smell doesn't disappear.  Sorry to deflate your bubbles!  I can vouch for that!

Kathy

This flippin' filter!!!  He taught in Uxbridge!!  :)

I love a school trip, I'm going on two in the same week to the same place, I've always wanted to go to this place but twice in one week maybe a bit much. I think your right some people have just got it and click with the kids and are such fantastic, enthusiastic teachers.

Glad the cake went down well Kathy.

Nanny my thoughts are with Sarah, she's having a tough time at the moment the poor thing. Love the sound of the vianeese biscuits, I've kept wanting to make them since you last mentioned them but ive still not got round to it.

nannycook121 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 4:59pm
post #24288 of 25877

AI will pass on your thoughts to her.

I'm a sucker for viennese whirls, Ioan loves them too, John picked him up after school straight away he had one with hot milk. It's the hairy Bikers recipes, fab recipe, they just crumble in your mouth, sorry anyone on a diet.

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 6:39pm
post #24289 of 25877

A

Original message sent by nannycook121

I will pass on your thoughts to her.

I'm a sucker for viennese whirls, Ioan loves them too, John picked him up after school straight away he had one with hot milk. It's the hairy Bikers recipes, fab recipe, they just crumble in your mouth, sorry anyone on a diet.

Might try them these lot love them too, I have just put some full fat brownies in the oven I used a recipe from the Mary berry book I got at Xmas

Lizzybug78 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 7:13pm
post #24290 of 25877

AFeeling very sorry for ourselves here. Eldest had a cough all last week which is just going, but now the rest of us are feeling awful. Nauseated, headache, sore throat, cough :-( Hubby even stayed home from work and he *never* does that.

Going to go and have a little pity party now.

You know the worst thing? No flipping chocolate in the house cos I'm on a stoooopid diet.

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 7:14pm
post #24291 of 25877

AHere is my chocolate brownie cooling down getting ready to be cut up

Lizzybug78 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 7:17pm
post #24292 of 25877

A[quote name="chezzabelle" url="/t/622656/a-thread-for-all-uk-bakers/24270#post_7573491"]Here is my chocolate brownie cooling down getting ready to be cut up

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 7:24pm
post #24293 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

Yep, I could eat that by myself. Now.

I probably could too if I let myself lol

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 8:44pm
post #24294 of 25877

AThe brownies were still quite gooy underneath so they could have done with another 5/10 mins extra but they were lovely I just had 2 pieces

nannycook121 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 8:56pm
post #24295 of 25877

AAwwww lizzy it's awful, hope you don't get anything nasty bless you.

Sarah just said to me she's never heard a cough like mine.

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 9:13pm
post #24296 of 25877

AI've not been on for ages, sorry everyone....I've just spent the last 3 hours doing "Great A'Tuin" the Turtle from Terry Pratchett's Discworld..I don't think the colour is 'quite' right but it's done now!!!...after this cup of tea...I start on the 4 elephants and the sea of the Discworld...trying to get as much done tonight as possible... My Mother thinks I'm mad in that I just go straight fo r the big projects!

Lizzybug78 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 9:19pm
post #24297 of 25877

ATa Nanny :-) Youngest disappeared from the front room at 8, I called to find out where he'd gone and he'd taken himself off to bed bless him. Hubby and I are about to follow, how sad is that?!

Cheryl, that's just how I like them. Can't abide a dry brownie, I like them to be almost like fudge. They are the one chocolate flavoured thing I can't resist. I'm very much a chocolate bar, not a chocolate dessert/cake person, but there's something about a squidgy brownie that I can't resist. :-)

Lizzybug78 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 9:19pm
post #24298 of 25877

ASounds awesome spireite!

chezzabelle Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 10:00pm
post #24299 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

Ta Nanny :-) Youngest disappeared from the front room at 8, I called to find out where he'd gone and he'd taken himself off to bed bless him. Hubby and I are about to follow, how sad is that?!

Cheryl, that's just how I like them. Can't abide a dry brownie, I like them to be almost like fudge. They are the one chocolate flavoured thing I can't resist. I'm very much a chocolate bar, not a chocolate dessert/cake person, but there's something about a squidgy brownie that I can't resist. :-)

I don't like dry brownies either these are very yummy so quick to make too, hubby just said they are the best brownies I have ever made

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 29 Jan 2015 , 10:42pm
post #24300 of 25877

AEvening all. :-)

Have you had snow in Blackwood today nanny? Loads in Cwmbran, the mountains look lush. How are you feeling now? Your cake is lovely, the little man with his guitar is fab.

Your cake turned out really well Kathy, the bike is so good, I can't believe you got that done after you lost a day. I saw it on Facebook, the recipient looked delighted, your little man is a really good likeness, llovely photo.

Very pretty white music cake but I can't remember whose it was, sorry.

Jean that cake is gorgeous. You said you had trouble panelling it, I can't see where you had trouble, it looks perfect to me. I love the tulips, it's a beautiful cake.

Nooooo Lizzy! You do not want them interested in girls!!!!!!!

Aw poor Sarah nanny. :-(

Can you tell I'm forgetting stuff then scrolling back up, then down to add a bit more, then up......

Long time no see Tiddy, how's Mr T? Love the minecraft cake, I wouldn't want to do one again in a hurry!

Brownie looks delish chezzabelle. Lmao, Aw Lizzy, you were feeling so sorry for yourself cos you had no chocolate and the very next post was chezza's chocolate brownie! Sorry, I did mean to give you sympathy but I burst out laughing! Sorry! Have a cwtch instead. O

Hi spirelite, long time no see, looking forward to seeing your cake when it's done.

Blimey, that was long, hope I haven't missed anyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%