Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

nannycook121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook121 Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 5:38pm
post #23221 of 25877

AMerry Christmas jean, hope you get ill over Xmas. Xx

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 9:04pm
post #23222 of 25877

Hi guys hope you are all ready for xmas and everyone who is ill or injured is feeling better. I made this quick cake for home just so I had made a cake for xmas

So glad to hear you bride loved the cake Nanny though why wouldn't she it was gorgeous.

Catsmum love the wedding cake,stunning.

Sugarluva cute cupcakes they look great

Kathy love the cookies very festive.

Mel gingerbread look fab how nice to spend time with your family making them

Jo love the cake your right it didn't need anything else it is perfect as is.

Sorry to anyone I have not mentioned by name.

Just wanted to say merry christmas to everyone and thank you to all of you for all your help, support and friendship this year it has meant a lot to me to have such good friends to turn to. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you all to talk to and guide me when I need it. You guys are the best lots of love for xmas Roxy xxx

roxylee123 Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 9:21pm
post #23223 of 25877

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 9:38pm
post #23224 of 25877

Merry Xmas one and all!  That's it - turkey is defrosting everything wrapped and now watching Skyfall.  Hope you all have a good one.  Here's what the other half of Cake-Days has been up to.....

Kathy

roxylee123 Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 9:43pm
post #23225 of 25877

They're lovely Kathy 

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 9:46pm
post #23226 of 25877

AHappy Christmas to you all. Love and best wishes to all our newfound friends this year. We will be together and growing ever closer in 2015. Our best wishes Lynne and Pete xx

nannycook121 Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 10:01pm
post #23227 of 25877

AMerry Christmas all. It's been a fab yr, best part is being on here with all my lovely exceptional talented peeps.

Lynne, merry Christmas to all your family.

Kathy your center piece on your table is the same as mine only I have white candles.

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 24 Dec 2014 , 10:05pm
post #23228 of 25877

AWow not as much to catch up on as I thought there would be. Everyone must be busy being busy bees this week.

I still have a gazillion the garden on my to do list and it's Christmas day tomorrow. Eek! I wonder if they'll ever be a Christmas day when I have nothing left 'to do'.

Anyway, just popped on to say Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope you all have fantastic days with your families tomorrow and thank you all so much for all the help you have given me with all of my cakes this year. Mwah! X

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 1:01am
post #23229 of 25877

AJust popping on to say Merry Christmas everyone! Been so busy today I've not been at the computer or phone at all!

Waiting for eldest to go to fri**ing sleep so we can do his stocking (not sure why we do this, he doesn't believe any more but we still wait up :-)), so tired!

I'll put a piccie of his house up after Christmas. Oh, and I'm 5'6" to whoever asked, so not massively short but he's still got a lot on me!

Thanks to all for listening to my moans in the last few months, and everyone who's been feeling naff the last few weeks, I really hope you wake up in the morning bright as buttons!

Love the Christmas pudding cake, very festive (and neat!) :-)

Take care all, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! xx

Loubee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loubee Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 1:58am
post #23230 of 25877

ALelly, nanny, catsmum, jo and roxy you've all done fabulous cakes, well done.

I've not even decorated mine yet, I marzipanned it this afternoon and I'll decorate it once the present opening is finished tomorrow morning.

Mel lovely cookies and what a beautiful tradition to have.

Kathy amazing, can I be stupid and ask what they are in the second picture?

I've just finished putting all presents out and tidying up, I'm absolutely shattered but thought I'd have a quick catch up here first.

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you all, hope you all have a fantastic day with your families and eat and drink to your hearts content. I've only been here a few months but I appreciate all the help, support, kindness, care, laughs and advice that I've received from you all, thank you everyone.

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 10:21am
post #23231 of 25877

AHappy christmas

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 25 Dec 2014 , 6:47pm
post #23232 of 25877

Hi all. I didn't think there would be anyone here today and I was right, though with us chatty lot you never know!!

We've had a pretty fab day. After a massive lunch, we opened our main presents. The kids loved their presents and we had such a laugh at with Mia being overexcited over her Frozen stuff. 'A wobe, a wobe!!' (Frozen themed robe) she said. When she opened her main present (Elsa doll) she looked like she was going to pop. Hubby got me a kindle :D yay!!

I'm so much better today so I had time to make the cakes for my aunt's party on the 27th. Initially it was going to be one tier- just an 8". Then I found a 6" in the freezer and added that. That means I have a ton of MMF to make tomorrow (my birthday!). At first I wasn't going to decorate, but I can't resist any chance to decorate a cake!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!  

nannycook121 Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 7:59am
post #23233 of 25877

AMorning everyone.

Happy happy birthday jean, what a lovely date for a birthday.

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday? I did, just nice, fab din dins, fab pud, fab company.

Thought i'd update you on the DIL saga. I played it cool and said, okay we'll see you when we see you then, to that they said, we will be down boxing day.

Cool eh? also did a good deed for the day, the very elderly lady next door's hubby was taken into hospital on Monday, (didnt know) I offered her to have dinner with us, or me take a dinner around to her

nannycook121 Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 8:01am
post #23234 of 25877

ASent that too early.

She declined both bless her.

I went around teatime to sit and chat with her and took her some mince pies. I felt so so sorry for her.

Hope everyone has a lovely day today. maisie, hope you got over yesterday xx

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 9:13am
post #23235 of 25877

AQuickly zipping in before going to finish the trifle (making, not eating!!) but I hope everyone had a fab day yesterday!

Happy Birthday Jean, have a fab day!! :grin:

Aw Nanny, so glad it worked out with DIL for today, have a lovely time x

Kathy, love the shoes, they are amazing! They need to make an elf shoe mould for Christmas don't they, with curly toes :grin:

I think I'm still full from yesterday, sooo much food!! But all lovely, and so much fun, DH got the Logo board game which we were playing until about 11pm - hilarious!! Now we are off to my sisters for yet more food and festivities - and today I can have a tipple as it's DHs turn to drive :grin: I'll be dusting off Nigellas Poinsettia cocktail recipe methinks!

Right, better get on, festive love to all xx

nannycook121 Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 10:14am
post #23236 of 25877

AYes it would actually be nice to feel hungry, okay maybe not.

More eating and drinking, has to be done, just made our choc log, as John moaned at making 2 for people and us not having one, so he has now, so easily pleased, put extra thick cream in the middle followed by Morrello cherries and thickened with cornflour sauce, then ganache cream, sounds a bit alright that me finks.

Have a fab day all.xx

Loubee Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 11:53am
post #23237 of 25877

AHappy Birthday Jean, hope you have a lovely day.

Nanny that's good news about dil, maybe that's the way to play it now, hope you have a lovely day. Your Yule log sounds delicious. How sweet of you going to your neighbour.

Here's my Christmas cake we also had birthday cake as it was my nephews birthday yesterday as well.

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3316138/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

lellylemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lellylemondrop Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 1:01pm
post #23238 of 25877

AHappy birthday Jean hope you have a good one!

Nice cake loubee

Nanny how nice of you to lookout for your neighbour , I bet it helped her through the last couple of days.

Loubee Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 2:18pm
post #23239 of 25877

A

Original message sent by lellylemondrop

Happy birthday Jean hope you have a good one!

Nice cake loubee

Nanny how nice of you to lookout for your neighbour , I bet it helped her through the last couple of days.

Thank you Lelly.

I think you're right Lelly, im sure your neighbour really appreciated your visit Nanny, I bet it's the little things like talking with someone else that she misses while her husband is away.

I'm sat at home and don't want to move, was going to go to the sales but think i might have a look on the Internet later. I'm not after anything in particular but like having a little browse.

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 26 Dec 2014 , 8:55pm
post #23240 of 25877

AEvening all. :-)

Happy birthday Jean. Sorry it's a bit late in the day, I haven't had a minute to myself. I hope you had a lovely day and I hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas.

I'll catch up when I've got a bitore time. I haven't read anything, just popped on to say happy birthday to Jean. I've just taken my brother and his family home and now I'm off to bed.

Night all. :-)

nannycook121 Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 8:35am
post #23241 of 25877

AHi all.

Had a fab day yesterday, DIL, and gang including the dog ( at my request, didn't want to give them an excuse to say no) stayed 2-3 hrs, she was okay, ate and drank, just seemed a bit quiet, but she came that's the main thing.

SIL was a bit worse for wear bless her, she is hilarious with or without alcohol. We played trivial pursuit, started off on the adults, they were so difficult, 2nd game wever went on the kids, ha ha, very funny night. Maisie, hope you get some time to yourself today.

nannycook121 Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 8:29pm
post #23242 of 25877

AGood grief it's quiet on here!

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 9:57pm
post #23243 of 25877

AHope everyone had a lovely Christmas and Boxing day. I had an amazing day, such a good time with all of the family. We ate and drank way too much, played lots of really fun games, got fantastic presents. Everyone liked what we bought them which was great.

Boxing day was more of the same. Me and my fiance always spend it at my parents having a little buffet and playing games. It was another really fun day. I can highly recommend the game called Pass the Pud. It's like Pass the Bomb but Christmas themed and is such a laugh - especially after a drink!

Got lots of good stuff for Xmas including my cake frame finally! And as a bonus, when my mum and dad ordered it they accidentally sent the order out twice but only charged for it once. So I ended up with 2 starter kits and 2 3 tier wedding kits. Will have to have a play with it now.

Hope everyone is recovering and still enjoying themselves. It's been so quiet on here everyone must still be having fun.

maisie73 Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 10:49pm
post #23244 of 25877

AEvening all. :-)

It's quiet on here isn't it, I thought I'd have loads to catch up on.

Glad you got to see Ioan nanny and you must have made your next door neighbours day.

Glad you had a lovely day sugarluva, never heard if pass the pus or pass the bomb but most games are fun after a drink or two. :-)

Hope you had a good birthday Jean, glad Mia liked her doll.

Lovely Christmas cake loubee.

Hope everyone else has had and is still having a lovely time. :-)

My Christmas was crazy! The house was a tip, mess and noise everywhere. My poor kitchen looked like a bomb had gone off in it and as fast as we were cleaning it it was getting messed up again! The kids had a lovely time, Leah was delighted with her iPod and loved her frozen stuff. It was lovely to have my brothers lot here but lovely to see them go so I could have my house back!

I'm getting on with my cake now, I'm not flapping yet but yet is the operative word! And I can feel a cold coming in the back of my throat.

I popped on to ask nanny (or anyone else who knows) how many egg mix should I use for a 10 inch round. For each layer, I'll bake it in two I think. And would I need a flower nail?

nannycook121 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 8:19am
post #23245 of 25877

AHi maisie, and everyone.

Maisie my recipe for a 10 inch rounds says 6 eggs and 12 ozs, if your doing it in 2 halves I always do 4 eggs and 8 ozs in both tins, that way you would have 2 nice deep sponges, no flower nail required tho, I never have

nannycook121 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 8:28am
post #23246 of 25877

AWhat are you making maisie? Cant remember if you told me or not.

I have 3 cakes this we, started trying to make meerkats, boy they are not as easy as first thought, didn't manage them but as usual not totally happy with them, am I ever? Ha ha.

That's for tomorrow, then wed's cake is easy, mostly made everything for that, name tag,roses, letters.

Then sat's cake, absolutely no idea yet, some kind of bike, not sure to lie it down flat instead of 3D.

maisie73 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 10:08am
post #23247 of 25877

AMorning all. :-)

Thankyou nanny, it's my brothers "wedding" cake. I made the fruitcake before Christmas, marzipanned it yesterday, SP today. Also today I want to bake as many of the other layers as I can,( depends how much room I've got in the freezer tho), cover the boards and make the ganache. I'm starting to think it's not a good idea to be making a cake for a wedding you're actually going to! I still need to get tights and ribbon for Leah, cut my grandad and aunties toenails, dye my hair and find something to wear. And I've woken up this morning with my eyelid swollen almost shut! Oh and my SIL decided Boxing Day she would quite like black cake lace. I've only got white here, it won't come in time if I order it online and the shop in ystrad is closed today so the earliest I can get it is tomorrow. I'm going to make some white anyway, partly for practise and partly for plan B in case I can't get black. Bet you wish you hadn't asked now don't you!

I'm sure your meerkats are gorgeous. Have you got photos? Is Wednesdays cake the same as Sarah's then? Have you made a 3d bike before? Somebody on here has, can't remember who tho.

nannycook121 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 10:18am
post #23248 of 25877

AHa ha ha, don't be daft, always like to know what your up too. When is the wedding?

The hydrangea cake last yr was the one I went too, it's strange just sitting there looking at this creation of yours thinking, who hoo, I made that.

Nope will take photo now.

Yes that's the cake, the same as Sarah'S, it's for her friends nan, she is a classy woman and wanted a cake to reflect that, (her words).

nannycook121 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 10:19am
post #23249 of 25877

AMaisie, what's wrong with your eye?

maisie73 Posted 28 Dec 2014 , 10:29am
post #23250 of 25877

ACake is for Wednesday nanny. Church service is at 12 (they wanted it later but the vicar has plans for New Year's Eve!) tge earliest we can get into the club is 10. I've got to go from newport to Cwmbran, pick my grandad and auntie up, then go from there to Bridgend. I don't know how I'm gona get Leah ready let alone myself! I'll be sat in church with my pinny on and icing sugar in my hair! :-Don't know what's wrong with my eye. The lid is really swollen like I've been crying all night, my eye is sore and watering. I hope it's a stye or something but I've never had one before so I'm not sure.

Sarah's cake is one of my favourites. :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%