Lizzy  love a bit of random! :lol:

Chezza fab cake :-D

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 1:36pm
post #21962 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzybug78 

I'd use the toilet personally, but whatever floats your boat icon_wink.gif

Haha!  Well - when our company received Princess Anne a couple of years ago - it was called a "comfort break" - and I always imagine Lynne as being rather regal!:-D

Nice feet Chezza - colour looks OK doesn't it.

Sorry if I've missed anybody but these flipping invites and my Xmas shopping - all taking their toll.  More click and collect when I leave the office before going home to try to put the tail on Arial.  I must be mad.  Like buses - all or nothing.  Just hope I don't break any of her bits as I've got no spares.

Kathy

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 2:10pm
post #21963 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

I'd use the toilet personally, but whatever floats your boat ;-)

If fairness they have a lovely toilet in there so it probably would be quite comfy

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 2:20pm
post #21964 of 25877

AYeah dayscake I am happy with it now, it's not far off the other other decorations I brought and the fondant I coloured wrong I am gonna make some Xmas cupcake toppers (when I get a chance that is lol)

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 2:32pm
post #21965 of 25877

{runs in ranting}

"I hate this cake!, hate the colours, hate stripes, and hate spots".....................that is all {runs back out}

chezzabelle Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 2:33pm
post #21966 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Tiddylicious

{runs in ranting}

"I hate this cake!, hate the colours, hate stripes, and hate spots".....................that is all {runs back out}

I am sure you will still make it fab even if you hate them things lol

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 2:49pm
post #21967 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Tiddylicious

{runs in ranting}

Lol, we all have those. Complete Bast**d cakes I call them :-)

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 3:00pm
post #21968 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

Lol, we all have those. Complete Bast**d cakes I call them :-)

Amen to that. Wait until tomorrow, when I'm piping a zillion RI pearls......... :/

Sending hugs Tiddy, hope the cake starts cooperating soon!

Just finished ganaching mine, now to finish my rose spray!

Jo Field Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo Field Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 4:03pm
post #21969 of 25877

ATiddy sorry you're having a mare, i'm sure I will later too !

Right I'm very quickly popping on to show you the eyes ... Gray any good now ??

I used Royal off my scriber needle :-)

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3308628/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 4:40pm
post #21970 of 25877

Chezza, your cake is looking fab. Such neat work.

Jo, the eyes look really alive now.

Tiddy- eh? Are we doing the same cake? I've done stripes and spots on mine. It's the stripes that was really hard work! Not quite B**tard but near enough! I've still got a way to go before I've finished even one cake :( I bet you'd have done 5 in the time I've taken to make just one LOL

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 4:45pm
post #21971 of 25877

A[quote name="Jo Field" url="/t/622656/a-thread-for-all-uk-bakers/21930#post_7563932"]Tiddy sorry you're having a mare, i'm sure I will later too !

Right I'm very quickly popping on to show you the eyes ... Gray any good now ??

I used Royal off my scriber needle :-)

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3308628/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/quote]

Looks great Jo.

Jo Field Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo Field Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 4:48pm
post #21972 of 25877

AAh thanks Petitecat and Siany, just hope Gray approves now ... fingers crossed !

Petitecat you sound like me although I bet you are quicker than me ! I take forever to do anything cake !

Tiddylicious Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 4:48pm
post #21973 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by petitecat 

Chezza, your cake is looking fab. Such neat work.

Jo, the eyes look really alive now.

Tiddy- eh? Are we doing the same cake? I've done stripes and spots on mine. It's the stripes that was really hard work! Not quite B**tard but near enough! I've still got a way to go before I've finished even one cake :( I bet you'd have done 5 in the time I've taken to make just one LOL

nope! Had to walk away for a while...still got top to do :(

chezzabelle Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:17pm
post #21974 of 25877

AOh yeah dunno if I mentioned I used the mini mat for my 6inch cake and wow I am defo buying the larger one (home not professional) when they are back in stock

lellylemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lellylemondrop Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:30pm
post #21975 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Siany01

Looks great Jo.

aaa

Jo , What a difference those little white dots are! Looks great .

Tiddy , Hopefully walking away from the cake will help you get to grips with it later. I'm sure it will be another masterpiece .

lellylemondrop Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:33pm
post #21976 of 25877

ADon't know what I did there! That was meant to be the photo of the leprechaun, you'd never guess this is the first forum I've joined would you? Lol..

Tiddylicious Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:35pm
post #21977 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by lellylemondrop 

aaa

Jo , What a difference those little white dots are! Looks great .

Tiddy , Hopefully walking away from the cake will help you get to grips with it later. I'm sure it will be another masterpiece .

dunno about that! May not even show you lot this time :mad:

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:38pm
post #21978 of 25877

AI've got loads to catch up on! I've been reading while I was doing Leah's tea so how much I can remember is anyone's guess!

Lovely, neat cake chezza, it looks really good. :-)

Your leprechaun looks good jo, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished cake. :-)

Tiddy I feel for you but i have to admit you've made feel a bit better. I hate stripes and I hate spots! My trouble is getting them to still look stripe shaped and spot shaped by the time I get them on the cake! I'm sure it'll be beautiful in the end tho. :-)

Lynne you should definitely stop at the cake shop.

Minds gone blank now, it's been a long day!

maisie73 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:42pm
post #21979 of 25877

AOops, feel for you too Jean but, again, can't help but feel better about my stripey, spotty trouble. :-)

Sock Monkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sock Monkey Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 5:58pm
post #21980 of 25877
Quote:
Originally Posted by petitecat 

Sock, perhaps a 5" cake on a 6" board?

I already made the cake back in October and have been feeding it with brandy for about a month and a half.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siany01 

I use a 10 inch board and box for a 6 inch cake. Allows for 2 inches either side of the cake and it's less likely to be damaged enroute. I do this as standard with all cakes.

A 10" cake box would be even worse for her to manage on a train. She's nearly 70, has to change trains on the journey and will likely have bags of shopping to carry (plus a 1 pint xmas pudding I've made for her too). I guess I'll continue decorating it on 8" board as planned and let everyone else figure out the logistics.

Tiddylicious Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 6:08pm
post #21981 of 25877

Omg! look what I just got! Brilliant!

be back later to catch up :-D

nannycook121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook121 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 6:15pm
post #21982 of 25877

AAw tidds, that must have made your day? Fab, so nice of them.

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 6:18pm
post #21983 of 25877

AThat's so lovely tiddy!

maisie73 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 6:23pm
post #21984 of 25877

AAw tiddy! He looked speechless bless him. :-)

DaysCakes Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 6:53pm
post #21985 of 25877

Oh Tiddy that's fantastic!   How chuffed do you feel now seeing the pleasure that cake has given?  (I'm sure your spots and stripes will be OK).

Sock Monkey - I need to find out what you are talking about - I have this image in my head of a little lady completely hidden by boxes!

Suzanne - how did you get on with the shell mould?  You could borrow mine - I've only just seen that you lost yours (I recently found one I forgot I had!).

Maisie - what's the update on your "wedding" cake?  Have you said?  Sorry if you did.  I sometimes follow this thread on my phone and it's almost impossible to capture it all.  Barbara - did your wedding cake go out?  Sorry if you said.  I just loved those flowers.

Must stop procrastinating and get on with my Arial..........why do I do that? 

Will pop in later.

Kathy

lellylemondrop Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 7:00pm
post #21986 of 25877

AAw Tiddy wasn't he a happy bunny?

Must make you feel very pleased with all your hard work. Dare I ask How the stripe and spots are going?

Maisie is this your first wedding cake?

DaysCakes Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 7:11pm
post #21987 of 25877

OK I'm really going to start Arial now....but my cousin just shared this on FB and I thought....is it too early??  Nah...

Enjoy if you like minions!

Kathy

nannycook121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook121 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 7:23pm
post #21988 of 25877

AHi everyone, such a busy busy stressful day, shortstaffed, usual stupid stuff.

Yes, Kathy, your did say they there nice, but not probs, you keep on saying it , i dont mind, ha ha, she just picked it up and loved it, she brought her bride and groom topper to put on, so here it is, it isn't as bad as most but they oh.[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3308645/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

The coloroso doesn't even match and yet she wanted white, but bless her she bought me a lovely card for making it at such short notice.

smysha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smysha Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 8:07pm
post #21989 of 25877

I don't think I'll ever get used to have chatty this place is! So much to read. And I read everything and I've forgotten most of what I wanted to say!

@Jo Field It's ridiculous how much of a difference the eyes have made! It's an amazing leprechaun and I'm Irish too so that's something!

That's actually all I've remembered...

maisie73 Posted 27 Nov 2014 , 8:44pm
post #21990 of 25877

AYes lelly it's my first wedding cake. Although technically it's a vow renewal AKA true love party. :-)

No update to give Kathy! I'm pretty clueless tbh. Everything I've suggested my SIL has vetoed! So much for me doing whatever I want cos she's not bothered! I've got a stand, a new tin, I know the bottom tier is going to be chocolate with mocha buttercream, the middle Victoria sponge and the top fruit. That's about it I'm afraid. How's ariel?

Nanny your cake is beautiful but I'm not keen on the topper. Still, as long as the bride is happy that's all that matters. And how lovely to get a card. :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%