post #18302 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuuushi 

TIDDDDDYYY! icon_biggrin.gif:D:D

KUUUUSHTER!!!!!!! :lol:

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:00pm
post #18303 of 25877

Righty O then........I shall try my very best to keep up and not disappear again....but...my head is still just awful...still waiting for neuro......got to see doc on Monday about my droopy face....so we shall see.

Thats all I shall say about it :)

Back to more important matters! Whos deffo going C.I now? I have my tickets :-D

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:08pm
post #18304 of 25877

AOh Tiddy fab to hear from you. I was beginning to think you'd slid off to neurosurgery without telling us. Whatever you have to do will only be strengthened by the thoughts and prayers of you "cake friends" around you. Sending you hugs. I think I might me the only one going to CI on Sat.

catsmum Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:10pm
post #18305 of 25877

A...and my spirit level is one of my favourite cake tools. Xxx

Tiddylicious Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:11pm
post #18306 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsmum 

Oh Tiddy fab to hear from you. I was beginning to think you'd slid off to neurosurgery without telling us. Whatever you have to do will only be strengthened by the thoughts and prayers of you "cake friends" around you. Sending you hugs.
I think I might me the only one going to CI on Sat.

awww thank you!

We are going Sat and Sun :D

catsmum Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:20pm
post #18307 of 25877

AAre you going to any of the demos?

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:21pm
post #18308 of 25877

ATiddy! Thanks for popping back in, we've missed you and your ninja-ing!! Sorry to hear your clusters are still bad, hope the docs can help soon. Bug hugs in the meantime, and those are fab cakes, as always! X

Lynne sorry your Mums still poorly, shingles is horrid, my mum had it a while back. I hope she feels better soon. Fair was great wasn't it, so busy! Edd & John were funny! I think we missed the Lebanese stall, my nephew was obsessed with going to all the popcorn ones, and my sister was busy hunting out gluten free cakes and breads! :grin: Been indulging in the brownie & raspberry liqueur I bought this evening though, yum!

SockMonkey, I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Tescos? Health food shops might have them too?

Tiddylicious Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:25pm
post #18309 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsmum 

Are you going to any of the demos?

am still thinking about that, am tempted by the amazing new product dawn butler is going to unveil :lol:

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:27pm
post #18310 of 25877

AWe're there for the weekend too Lynne :-) (assuming dad's alright so that mum can have the boys).

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:38pm
post #18311 of 25877

AOoh I think I missed your message earlier tiddy, nice to hear from you. Sorry you're still feeling unwell I hope it gets better soon. Lovely cakes by the way I keep seeing them pop up on Facebook.

Sorry to hear your mum is unwell still too Lynne. My mum has had shingles a few times and they are very painful, they didn't seem to last very long for her though so I hope you're mum starts feeling better soon.

Nanny I can't believe she's taken down the pictures that aren't hers. All it took was a little complimentary comment from you and a rather blunt comment from whoever the other person was!

I need to get on the spirit level band wagon. Especially if I'm expected to do a 3 tier wedding cake without it falling over! I also need to get on the agbay wagon...

I'm off to bed now night all x

kustard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kustard Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 9:38pm
post #18312 of 25877

Nannycook and Mel37 (and all)

It's all around. I was wondering if I should buttercream the cake and leave it out overnight with something the same weight as the paste on top, that way it should settle? 

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:01pm
post #18313 of 25877

AI have done that before, I never put the filling all the way to the edge tho if thats any help.

I have put a small chopping board on top of the drumbeat and left it out alright.

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:02pm
post #18314 of 25877

AKustard I have to admit I never weight my cakes down. I tort and fill, then fridge for a little while, then ganache and let the cake sit out (not in the fridge, it needs to set at room temp) in it's box overnight, then cover in SP.

Unfortunately it could be a number of things causing bulging though, which I know isn't too helpful! You will have to experiment a little really to find the cause. If your buttercream is squishing out causing a ring of bulge, it could be either there's too much in in there (I never fill with more than 5mm) or it's too soft (I use a 2:1 ratio of sugar to butter, and don't add any liquid apart from flavourings, just beat on slow for at least 10mins).

Ganache should set pretty hard, so if BC isn't the issue maybe that's not setting correctly on the outside of the cake?

If it's air bubbles randomly appearing under the SP, then I'd assume either the ganache hasn't been totally covered in 'glue' (whether you are using), the ganache wasn't totally smooth, or it's just a covering technique thing that needs practise? If it's air bubbles, cover the cake with your SP, and then check it after about half an hour. Any impending bubbles should be visible by then and you can pop them and smooth the SP back as it should still be soft.

Hope that's sort of helpful? :-)

nannycook Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:03pm
post #18315 of 25877

AYes, obviously knew she was in the wrong, if she was good she may have got away with it.

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:16pm
post #18316 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

Another spirit level owner here :-D Not needed as much since getting my lovely Agbay though :-D

What you need to do to find your hazelnuts is buy some more. I find they always turn up when I give up and buy another pack :lol:

I use my loads since having my agbay, though now it's just so I can go hehe it's Sooo level haha, yes I'm that sad PMSL

Original message sent by Tiddylicious

am still thinking about that, am tempted by the amazing new product dawn butler is going to unveil :lol:

Pssst I know what it is :D

m4rvelgeek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m4rvelgeek Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:16pm
post #18317 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Siany01

Are you on an iPhone M4rvel? Since updating to ios8 I haven't been able to post pictures until I did the new update today and it seems to have fixed it. Hope you are better soon :)

Thanks, will update the new update now and then give it a try...

Original message sent by Tiddylicious

Back to more important matters! Whos deffo going C.I now? I have my tickets :D

We haven't booked yet as were umming over which date. Seems most of you lot are going Sunday, but Saturday would be best for us as it's so far to travel...

Sock Monkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sock Monkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sock Monkey Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:31pm
post #18320 of 25877

I don't blame you! They had added it to an album of entries, so I told them on there. I feel a bit cruel, but it is a bit weird and quite bad lying in a charity competition.

Also https://carousell.co/p/6888930/ and http://www.marksandspencer.com/shimmering-hoop-chocolate-wedding-cake-dark-and-gold-/p/p60058199.

I'll stop now...

Siany01 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:40pm
post #18321 of 25877

AShe deserves everything, you can't steal pictures from somone and pass them off as your own, let alone a massive company such as m&s. She's taking the P!

Lizzybug78 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:42pm
post #18322 of 25877

AShe's unbelievable! I've had a look at her personal page tho and she is beyond skanky...

Lizzybug78 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:44pm
post #18323 of 25877

A

She deserves everything, you can't steal pictures from somone and pass them off as your own, let alone a massive company such as m&s. She's taking the P!

Especially when she's more than doubling the price! I really like that hoop cake BTW :-D

Siany01 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:44pm
post #18324 of 25877

AI'm betting she is buying them from m&s and selling them on, she is No way capable of reproducing those cakes

Lizzybug78 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:46pm
post #18325 of 25877

A

I'm betting she is buying them from m&s and selling them on, she is No way capable of reproducing those cakes

Why aren't we doing that, that's way easier :-D

Lizzybug78 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:48pm
post #18326 of 25877
Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:48pm
post #18327 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siany01 

I am a very naughty girl, you should check the reply to her post

I added my two penneth worth!

Siany01 Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:49pm
post #18328 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

Why aren't we doing that, that's way easier :-D

:D

nannycook Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:50pm
post #18329 of 25877

ALizzy, love it!

Siany, where is her reply?

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 27 Sep 2014 , 10:51pm
post #18330 of 25877

Lizzy - your windsurfers are fantastic....  it cannot have been easy to get them to lean like that without falling over!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%