A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 29 Aug 2014 , 9:41pm
post #16741 of 25877

ANanny I like that, nanny1 and nanny2. :-)

Siany they look perfect! I'd love my cupcakes to look like that when they're finished. How does smbc taste compared to normal bc? Does it taste like a mouthful of butter? I've read that some people think it does and that's put me off trying it. Have a lovely time at the wedding, you've earned it. I'm off to bed now. G'nite all. :-)

m4rvelgeek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m4rvelgeek Posted 29 Aug 2014 , 10:13pm
post #16742 of 25877

AHi all! Been back a few days, but sooooo busy I haven't had a chance to stop and say hi.

I've whizzed through the pages I've missed. Beautiful cakes as ever! Must mention Roxy's daughter's kennel (think it was you?) and Tiddy's painting in particular though.

I'm trying to get everything ready for Back to School, so been in all week having a massive clear out, have a cake for Monday too though, had a massive tattoo done today on my thigh, which is hurting a fair bit, need to get into town for some school supplies and cake supplies at some point tomorrow, been baking and making embellishments all evening AND have to be up at 5am to drive some of our charity members to Salisbury for the morning, so yeah. BUSY!

Also had an ear infection all week, which has given me a non-stop headache too. Joy. Nothing like poor Tiddy is suffering with though - sorry it's still bad... =( Hope tomorrow is better. xx

But anyway, hi all!

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 29 Aug 2014 , 10:23pm
post #16743 of 25877

Yay! Welcome back Mr B! :party:

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 29 Aug 2014 , 10:28pm
post #16744 of 25877

A

Original message sent by maisie73

Nanny I like that, nanny1 and nanny2. :-)

Siany they look perfect! I'd love my cupcakes to look like that when they're finished. How does smbc taste compared to normal bc? Does it taste like a mouthful of butter? I've read that some people think it does and that's put me off trying it. Have a lovely time at the wedding, you've earned it. I'm off to bed now. G'nite all. :-)

It doesn't taste like butter at all actually, it's really silky smooth, it takes in flavour really well, best of all it isn't sickly sweet like standard buttercream. Hoping they like it tomorrow as it I'd different.

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 5:19am
post #16745 of 25877

AHey Marvel, how was Rome?

Wicked tattoo you had! Yep, bet thats sore? Saw it on instragram!

m4rvelgeek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m4rvelgeek Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 5:42am
post #16746 of 25877

A

Original message sent by nannycook

Hey Marvel, how was Rome?

Wicked tattoo you had! Yep, bet thats sore? Saw it on instragram!

It was amazing as ever. I now want to go and live there...

Thank you. I'm really pleased with it, although very sore today - it's HUGE! I'm not gonna post it here though. I think some might find it offensive if they are that way inclined... ;)

nannycook Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 5:57am
post #16747 of 25877

ANah, dont be daft, not easily offended.

Besides I work with someone who had a massive garter tattoo with a huge Lily done on her thigh, the thing is she's 4ft 9 with little legs bless her and it kinda looks abit daft, nasty of me I know but I think if she was taller with maybe slim legs she could have gotta away it.

Jo Field Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo Field Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 6:33am
post #16748 of 25877

AMorning you lovely lot :-)

Will need to re read later to catch up but scrolling through I see some amazing cakes as usual :-)

Well what a week it's been ! Holiday was good but my 3 year old continued to be ill till Saturday ! So not much of a holiday for me with her constantly screaming 'I don't want to go swimming just want to go to sleep !' .weather was so hot in the late 30 ' s every day too hot some days. Anyway after she perked up we all had a great time and didn't want to leave !

I've been doing my frozen cake, again it's a non iced board i know we all don't like it but this time it was time and ingredients that were against me. Think it turned ok only I really really hate Olaf and his arms they are forever snapping on me. I've tried putting sp in cocktail sticks or similar and can't seem to stop it crumbling away. Nanny what type of wire did you use again ??

nannycook Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 7:27am
post #16749 of 25877

AHi Jo, was wondering how your hols went with your little girl not well, glad she was well enough enjoy a few days at least.

Awww, me too, hated his arms and twiggy hair, I did the same and used cocktail sticks, then molded some SP for his hands, decided that looked too thick, so then I used wires, the thicker ones and wrapped Brown floristy tape now that looked good as it had some texture to the arms, then again I made his hands out of SP and cut that to look like fingers.

I was really pleased with it.

maisie73 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 7:53am
post #16750 of 25877

AMorning all. :-)

Siany would you be kind enough to put your SMBC recipe on the UK clan when you've got five, I'd like to try it one day but it'll get lost on here.

Glad you had a lovely holiday M4rvel, I'd love to see your new tattoo. How did you do that nanny? I don't know anything about Instagram.

Aw glad you had a good holiday in the end Jo. Shame your daughter was so ill but at least you got there and managed to have a good few days. Dw about the board, your cakes are lush. Silver goes well with a frozen theme anyway. :-)

Jo Field Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 8:06am
post #16751 of 25877

AThanks Nanny I'm definitely going to try it your way next !

Thanks Maisie :-) Here is the pic...[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3280803/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

nannybakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannybakescakes Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 8:21am
post #16752 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuuushi 

maisie73 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 9:01am
post #16753 of 25877

AAw it's lovely Jo! Leah loves Sven, he's brilliant, was he difficult? I so want to make a frozen cake but I probably have to wait til her birthday next year now. I'll have to have Sven on there if I do, he's her favourite. :-)

Siany01 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 9:35am
post #16754 of 25877

A

Original message sent by maisie73

Morning all. :-)

Siany would you be kind enough to put your SMBC recipe on the UK clan when you've got five, I'd like to try it one day but it'll get lost on here.

Glad you had a lovely holiday M4rvel, I'd love to see your new tattoo. How did you do that nanny? I don't know anything about Instagram.

Aw glad you had a good holiday in the end Jo. Shame your daughter was so ill but at least you got there and managed to have a good few days. Dw about the board, your cakes are lush. Silver goes well with a frozen theme anyway. :-)

If you can post a link to the UK clan then I'll put it in there, forgot to bookmark it and can't find it without.

Siany01 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 9:38am
post #16755 of 25877
kuuushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuuushi Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 10:18am
post #16756 of 25877

ALovely cake jo! Don't worry about the board. The girl I did the cake for yesterday specifically requested that the board remained uncovered.

Siany, what? All I can guess is that she buys the cake from a supermarket and just personalises it. It's the 'won't wake up for less than 50' thing going around my mind again siany! Haha

maisie73 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 10:40am
post #16757 of 25877

Ahttp://ukbakersclan.proboards.com Thankyou Siany. :-) She can't be covering costs, I can't believe my eyes!

newstreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newstreet Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 11:25am
post #16758 of 25877

AI probably spend more on petrol for * I can't believe I forgot the unsalted butter * etc. trips :D

maisie73 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 12:34pm
post #16759 of 25877

ALmao newstreet, me too! :-D

Jo Field Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 1:00pm
post #16760 of 25877

AMaisie sven is very easy his face especially as is mainly indentations. Antlers fiddly with my fat fingers I need one of those scribbler things I think !

Thanks Kelsey, btw your cake/cakes are amazing !

My niece loved her cake (yes I know another niece with a frozen cake!!) and Olaf arm issues aside he travelled well even up country roads and numerous speed bumps to the party venue !!!

Newstreet how annoying ;-)

I have people asking my for cakes left right and centre at the moment and I'm scared of what to do re: pricing etc. Being I'm not pro or registered or anything but these people want to pay me, and I don't want to turn them away !

BTW anyone got a choc madiera recipe that's suitable for carving please it would seem this week's cake is a camper van ****yells a nervous screech****

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 3:14pm
post #16761 of 25877

Thanks Marvel it was my daughter's kennel. Glad to hear you had a great holiday. Hope your ear and tattoo is a bit less sore, I would love to see a pic of it.

Hi Jo glad to hear you had a great holiday, shame your daughter was sick but at least she finally picked up and you could all enjoy the rest of your time there. Your frozen cake is fab, I like the antlers and I also think the silver board goes well with the frozen themed cake. I would love to make a frozen cake to but still haven't seen the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siany01 

How the hell is she even covering cost?

How on earth can she make any money on them, maybe it is just a promotion or like someone said she buys the cake and just decorates it.

Hi to everyone else I've not mentioned hope everyone is well.:smile:

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 3:44pm
post #16762 of 25877

A

Original message sent by newstreet

I probably spend more on petrol for * I can't believe I forgot the unsalted butter * etc. trips :D

Omg laughing so much that is so so me!! I even printed myself a stock list last week and now it's stuck to my fridge! I cross off every egg and every pack of butter I open!

Hope you had a great holl Mr B :-)

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 3:50pm
post #16763 of 25877

AI bet she got those cakes on bulk from a supplier... Still the margin can only be £5 how can it be worth the trouble?!

maisie73 Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 8:38pm
post #16764 of 25877

ABlimey, it's quiet on here tonight!

It's good you're getting asked for so many cakes Jo. Maybe you should get inspected and insured and get going? Are the people asking for cakes aware of how much they'd be if you sold them?

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 8:48pm
post #16765 of 25877

Evening all!

Well I think im ready for the fayre tomorrow! Anything that's not done doesn't need doing now :-D

kuuushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuuushi Posted 30 Aug 2014 , 9:44pm
post #16766 of 25877

AHi guys! Wow it really is quiet!

I have the best hubby2b eveeeeer!

It's my birthday next week and he's just told me not to make plans as he's booked me in to have my mop cut and my nails did! Then he's taking me out for dinner!

nannycook Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 6:01am
post #16767 of 25877

AOh thats lovely Kelsey!

Well I'll be away next week so I'm gonna wish you " Happy birthday" now, have a lovely day.xx

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 7:39am
post #16768 of 25877

AMorning!

Tiddy - loads of luck for the fair today, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly and I hope your head is ok, I'll keep everything crossed for you x. The shoe cake was amazing by the way!!

Siany, the cupcakes look fab, so neat! I really loved how smooth SMBC was to pipe when I did it the other weekend too, lovely! OMG re cheap cake, there can't be any money in that at all. And I bet the cake tastes like cardboard! Bleurgh!

Jo, love the Frozen cake! Hope you had a lovely holiday and your daughter was ok?

Nanny have a fab holiday!! And I hope you managed to get all your packing sorted Kathy LOL! One of the reasons I love my qashqai (ha., tried to autocorrect to washbasin!) - no end to boot storage!

Oooooh Kuuushi how lucky are you! :-) That's so lovely of him! Love your engagement cake too, very pretty!

Welcome back Marvel, hope you had a fab hols and coming back home wasn't too bad ;)

Hi everyone else!

I've had a lovely birthday weekend, so no caking news from me! Hubby took me out for a posh breakfast, and then to Cotswold Wildlife Park for the day on Friday - loooove the meercats, soo cute! Then we were out for dinner at an amazing restaurant, and then spent last night out with all the family :) So excited for my pressie though, off to London in Oct for Afternoon Tea, and then to the Albert Hall to see the Royal Philharmonic play John Williams movie scores!!!

nannycook Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 7:53am
post #16769 of 25877

AGood luck today tiddy.xx

nannycook Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 7:57am
post #16770 of 25877

AAw Mel, do sorry, happy belated birthday for yesterday! I think we need list of everyone's birtodays, hate missing someones birthday. Ha ha, haven't started lacking yet Mel, guess I should start though,lol.

Daughter in law has a quashqui, bad spelling!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%