A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:07pm
post #15121 of 25877

AThanks everyone. Just checked some accomodation and ground one Gower and it just 4 miles drive to Mumbles. So hope we get some confirmation on that. :)

Original message sent by maisie73

Bashini even! Don't know how I managed that!

Me, what Maisie?

kuuushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:11pm
post #15122 of 25877

ABashini I live in Swansea and can confirm they are that close! Haha

Mumbles and gower that is!

kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:14pm
post #15123 of 25877

ABashini if you go to mumbles and want to go have lunch I can highly recommend Verdis

It's a little Italian restaurant on the harbour and it does THE BEST ice cream EVER!

If you have a hazlenut basket it tastes like a load if green triangles from quality street. Mmmm!

The pizza is good there too! And the smokes salmon and cream cheese sandwiches!

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:16pm
post #15124 of 25877

ADw Lizzy, you made me laugh. :-D

I've got some excellent news. Leah has watched Frozen pretty much non stop since I bought it for her Friday. Now I'll explain why this is excellent news. When Anna saves Elsa and freezes and Elsa cwtches her and is crying, Leah started crying. When Anna started to come back to life Leah said " look mamma, true love, Elsa fixed it". Leah has never watched a Disney film at home all the way through before. She watches cbeebies and milkshake, pre school programmes. Disney films usually appeal to older kids don't they. So the fact she was interested enough to watch it all the way through was good. That she got up in the morning and put it on before breakfast was even better. To demonstrate that she'd followed the film, understood it and it have so much impact in her is a quantum leap in her development. I'm delighted, I was crying with her and I'm still a bit tearful! She struggles to achieve and understand so much of what we take for granted and I'm so proud of her. :-)

maisie73 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:17pm
post #15125 of 25877

AI replied to Lizzy re: Gower but it was you who asked bashini. :-)

I looooooooove green triangles!

kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:19pm
post #15126 of 25877

AMaisie that is absolutely wonderful news! See true love is obvious no matter who you are it where you've come from. I'm so pleased for her bless her!

I'm ecstatic for you! Now she needs you to do her a frozen party :D

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:23pm
post #15127 of 25877

AKuuushi, mmmm ....... Now I want to go more than ever!!!! And thanks for the tips. :grin:

Maisie, oh yes, it was me,:-) and that is great news about :grin:Leah!!! That is just amazing, Maisie!!!

maisie73 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:25pm
post #15128 of 25877

AAw thankyou Kuushi, I'm crying now again! I'm not usually this bad! I would love to throw her a frozen party, have to wait til next May now tho. :-( Never mind, that gives me lots of time to plan and make lists. :-D

maisie73 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:27pm
post #15129 of 25877

AThankyou bashini. :-D still crying!

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:29pm
post #15130 of 25877

AThat's brilliant maisie, what excellent news! :-)

Lizzybug78 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:31pm
post #15131 of 25877

A

Original message sent by kuuushi

I'm back on slimmingworld now guys! Time to lose the weight I've put on in the last couple of years!

I'm looking forward to resigning up again tomorrow as a new group has opened near me!

Gonna make some lovely syn free chicken noodle soup tonight mmmm!

But if your avatar is anything to go by you're tiny!

kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:34pm
post #15132 of 25877

ALizzy. I am living embodiment of big boned! I'm 12 and a half stone!

Don't look it but technically I'm overweight according to doc especially being 5ft 3! :(

maisie73 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:34pm
post #15133 of 25877

AThankyou Lizzy. :-)

Yes Kuuushi looks tiny doesn't she. That's why I didn't even dignify her post with an answer! :-D

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:35pm
post #15134 of 25877

well guys i have no idea how but i just managed to fill and crumb coat the shoe cake. I am having terrible trouble concentrated so just breezed through the posts but........

Mumbles is beautiful I can confirm :-D

Maisie that is absolutely fan bloomin tastic! Stop crying and start smiling right now! :-D

and Kelsey...wtf? you will disappear love!

maisie73 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:36pm
post #15135 of 25877

ANO WAY Kuuushi!!!! Your scales are wrong!

Last time I weighed I was just over twelve and a half and I'm 5'6". I think I've put a bit on but my clothes still fit me. I'm not big boned, I'm just fat!

Tiddylicious Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:37pm
post #15136 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuuushi 

Lizzy. I am living embodiment of big boned! I'm 12 and a half stone!

Don't look it but technically I'm overweight according to doc especially being 5ft 3! icon_sad.gif

and im 5' 1" and ten stone but according to the gp charts im edging on the obese! Dont take no notice of those!

Tiddylicious Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:38pm
post #15137 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisie73 

NO WAY Kuuushi!!!!
Your scales are wrong!

Last time I weighed I was just over twelve and a half and I'm 5'6". I think I've put a bit on but my clothes still fit me. I'm not big boned, I'm just fat!

hahaha Maisie I love the way you tell it like it is :-D

maisie73 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:38pm
post #15138 of 25877

AThankyou tiddy. :-) I did stop ( shock from Kuuushi's bombshell!) but I'm off again now! Smiling at the se time tho, I feel like my heart is gona burst!

kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 1:51pm
post #15139 of 25877

AHaha you guys are mental! Perhaps I just have a little face! :D haha

I know 12 and half. I am fat but I don't think I look 12 stone 7 fat. I reckon it's the hips. The hips don't lie remember. I look like shakira ate Beyoncé! :D hahaha

Size 14 trousers and 10 top. No boobs either! :(

Hubby says that when god gave out boobs he accidentally put them on my ass GAHAHA!

Tiddylicious Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:02pm
post #15140 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuuushi 

Haha you guys are mental! Perhaps I just have a little face! icon_biggrin.gif haha

I know 12 and half. I am fat but I don't think I look 12 stone 7 fat. I reckon it's the hips. The hips don't lie remember. I look like shakira ate Beyoncé! icon_biggrin.gif hahaha

Size 14 trousers and 10 top. No boobs either! icon_sad.gif

Hubby says that when god gave out boobs he accidentally put them on my ass GAHAHA!

haha! we are he opposite then, god gave me too much top! 10 bottom and 14 top just so it fits over my huge bazookas :lol: and i can honestly say i hate them!!!

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:15pm
post #15141 of 25877

A

Haha you guys are mental! Perhaps I just have a little face! :D haha

I know 12 and half. I am fat but I don't think I look 12 stone 7 fat. I reckon it's the hips. The hips don't lie remember. I look like shakira ate Beyoncé! :D hahaha

Your hubby's remark made me spit out my drink laughing

Lizzybug78 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:29pm
post #15142 of 25877

ANo way Kelsey (I'm having to retype you from Ketley every time btw, my phone is so stubborn!), I can only think your bones must be made from dark matter as that's the only explanation!

I'm half bulemic myself... I do all the eating but don't worry about the throwing up malarkey :-D

Lizzybug78 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:30pm
post #15143 of 25877

A

Haha you guys are mental! Perhaps I just have a little face! :D haha

Lmao, I like the sound of your hubby to be, he's got my sense of humour :-D

kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:31pm
post #15144 of 25877

AHahah tidds I'd love at least some! I remember having a huge argument with my mum because she specifically said "I promise you that when you get to comprehensive school you will have boobs!" It never happened. I was sorely hurt that she broke her promise hahah

Chezza he thinks he's soooo funny! Hahah I have to laugh though I look like a bloody church bell!

kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:32pm
post #15145 of 25877

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

No way Kelsey (I'm having to retype you from Ketley every time btw, my phone is so stubborn!), I can only think your bones must be made from dark matter as that's the only explanation!

I'm half bulemic myself... I do all the eating but don't worry about the throwing up malarkey :-D

Hahaha I'm peeing myself over this! Haha oh how I love this group you crack me up.

kuuushi Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:32pm
post #15146 of 25877

A

Lmao, I like the sound of your hubby to be, he's got my sense of humour :-D

Yeah me too... He reckons I was a cow in a former life and kept the four stomachs because I can shovel the food down haha

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:33pm
post #15147 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siany01 

@DaysCakes  we hit page 1000 :D

Afternoon cake mates!  :cry: I missed page 1000!!!  I have been clearing stuff out for the tip - not the most glamourous of tasks but had to be done - can't believe that you've all raced on so fast - and what's with all these new avatars! :o

I actually don't think I'm ever going to catch up - however we have cakes to get sorted now.  Got an engagement cake for next weekend - well, DD has - this is her "baby".  We've already fallen out over the design.  I think her design is flawed and won't stand up to being transported around the M25!  She thinks I'm mean.  So we have a bit of an artistic dilemma!  Lol.  Anyway - we'll work it out.  She just rang me (so she's still speaking to me!!) because her chocolate orange cake has cracked badly.  Ive told her not to touch it until I get in.  I'm not a chocolate cake baker really so I'm appealing for help!!  What do we do with a newly baked and cracked cake (she said she used oil --- I have NO idea what the recipe was!).  You leave them alone for 10 minutes.......

Kathy

Lizzybug78 Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:34pm
post #15148 of 25877

ALol, mine thinks I was a cat because I can go to sleep at the drop of a hat and I like my back being stroked :-D

chezzabelle Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:35pm
post #15149 of 25877

A

Lol, mine thinks I was a cat because I can go to sleep at the drop of a hat and I like my back being stroked :-D

Nothing beats a good back rub

chezzabelle Posted 4 Aug 2014 , 2:37pm
post #15150 of 25877

A

Original message sent by DaysCakes

Afternoon cake mates!  :cry:  I missed page 1000!!!  I have been clearing stuff out for the tip - not the most glamourous of tasks but had to be done - can't believe that you've all raced on so fast - and what's with all these new avatars! :o

I actually don't think I'm ever going to catch up - however we have cakes to get sorted now.  Got an engagement cake for next weekend - well, DD has - this is her "baby".  We've already fallen out over the design.  I think her design is flawed and won't stand up to being transported around the M25!  She thinks I'm mean.  So we have a bit of an artistic dilemma!  Lol.  Anyway - we'll work it out.  She just rang me (so she's still speaking to me!!) because her chocolate orange cake has cracked badly.  Ive told her not to touch it until I get in.  I'm not a chocolate cake baker really so I'm appealing for help!!  What do we do with a newly baked and cracked cake (she said she used oil --- I have NO idea what the recipe was!).  You leave them alone for 10 minutes.......

Kathy

Maybe if your levelling it off and covering it in fondant it will hide the cracks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%