A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 1 Aug 2014 , 10:53pm
post #14881 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4rvelgeek 

I'm quite proud of my ninja skills. I only started baking at 8.00pm!!

Brilliant! 1 ninja start earnt :-D 

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 12:06am
post #14882 of 25877

ABlimey, that was a full day! I've run out of space everywhere for food, so I'm going to bed:-D

Your tattoo cake is looking good M4rvel. Pretty impressive for 4 hours!

I don't pray kuuushi but I'll cross everything for you to get a good night's sleep :-)

Hope your delivery goes well tomorrow Mel. I'm sure you won't have any problems.

I'm off now, night everyone :-)

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 5:05am
post #14883 of 25877

AMorning all, well havn't I missed loads?

Loving all cakes!

Really hope everyones delivery of cakes goes well for them.

Not the nicest of days weather wise.

Cant remember whose little kitty was ill, really hope she's on the mend.

Siany, your little monkey ok now?

Hows your head tiddy?

Kelsey, love your piping, is the class for an advanced level or beginners?

Really sorry if I missed anyone out, this is what happens when I go to work.

Gonna have a nice day with darling daughter Sarah, going shopping to Cribs Causeway in Bristol, I hav'nt been before, oh and no alcohol consumed this time, on a diet, oh um, how boring!!

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 5:48am
post #14884 of 25877

AHurrah! My groom is still standing! Oh thank the cake gods he's ok, now just have to worry about the car trip shaking him loose again..........! 8/

Lovely cake marvel, love the red roses with the black. Will send the cake gods your way tomorrow for your delivery :)

Have a lovely day Nanny, wish I was off shopping LOL!

Oh and Lizzy you were making me so hungry with all your food, if you have any leftovers I'll be happy to help ;D

Right, off I go to carry on with finishing off.......

nannycook Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 6:12am
post #14885 of 25877

AAw Mel I'm sure it will be fine, you don't have many mistakes fair play. Don't forget pics will you.

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 7:01am
post #14886 of 25877

AM4rvel - I like! Looks great and can't wait for the next instalment! Kelsey - hope you had a better night. Barbara - there's not many calories in a G&ST! Less than 100! Will catch up soon with everyone else and I need photos Mel! Can't wait to see it. Kathy

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 7:28am
post #14887 of 25877

AGood luck for delivery Mel

M4rvel love the ninja cake. I love black cakes no matter how much of a pain they are.

Kelsey hope you got some sleep, horrid not being able to sleep.

Barbara, he seems back to normal but fair play to him he's a loving boy so has shared and now my eldest small seem to have it and I crawled to bed last night as just gone 10 feeling dizzy and I'll, though I feel ok this morning. Such a kind boy sharing, taught him well lol. Have a lovely day with your daughter. I am very envious as I am missing my big small at the mo (she's 20' so she's big small, then the next is 8 so she is eldest small, lol I like to confuse) she moved back into her dads out of her own place so I don't get to see her now :(

My lemon Maderia doesn't seem to have risen very much, it's only 2 inch high, hoping it's edible. Mind I just got cost a cake pro and worked out it only cost £3 to make so not too worried if I have to huff it :)

nannycook Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 7:39am
post #14888 of 25877

ASiany, whats the lemon Madeira cake for?

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 8:29am
post #14889 of 25877

AEating :D

It's just cos the lemon mud cake I was trialling went horribly wrong so I have loads of white chock ganache to use to wanted to make a cake to cover with it, I'm thinking I'm might juts bag and freeze it now.

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 8:33am
post #14890 of 25877

AMorning everyone. :-)

Sorry I disappeared yesterday I had a bit of a boiler emergency. Broken pipe, water through the living room ceiling, wet stuff everywhere in my airing cupboard. We only decorated the living room in February and now there are big stains on the ceiling, coving and wallpaper. :-(

Anyway, lots to catch up on, sorry if I miss anyone.

Siany it is strange about the motor sizes, I don't know why I thought they went up with the sizes them. Yes it is confusing about your kids, did I read right? You've got a 20 year old? You don't look old enough Siany, wow! Aw poor middle child. Does that mean you didn't get to go on "operation persuade the husband" last night? I've got cost a cake pro, it's really good isn't it.

Are you enjoying the break from baking nanny or are you itching to get an order? Have fun shopping with Sarah, I'm sure you'll manage to fit a tiny little drinky in, one won't spoil your diet.

Lizzy the agbay was a present from my husband and children ( husband really). He bought me my KA for my 40th but I knew I was having it and I'd dropped enough hints so it wasn't a surprise. I didn't know about the AGbay tho, he must've done some sneaky research there mustn't he?

Thanks tiddy, we've seen that before haven't we? Really helpful to see it again tho. I was thinking about making a round one because putting squares on a square is going to go wrong! Who made the round one? Seeing tiddy's has jogged my memory and I'm pretty sure it was here I saw it.

Lovely cakes tiddy and m4rvel, christening cake is looking good m4rvel, can't wait to see it.

Glad yours is going well too mel, glad letting off a bit of steam helped too. Don't worry about the delivery, I'm sure it'll be fine. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the link Jumpingjack123, welcome to the thread. :-)

Phew! That was a lot to catch up on! :-)

Tiddylicious Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 9:19am
post #14891 of 25877

yay! Pain free night at last! just hope that doesnt mean a bad day but am hopeful :???:

See maisie i would have thought a round one was harder to do :roll: at least on the square on ive a line to start with :lol:

Siany sounds like my two girls! Although she moved out and came back to mummy lol...shes 23 going on 10 and the 9 year old is like a 25 year old. I had them both singing the frozen song at full pelt last night just to annoy the boys :cry:

Hope your feeling better kuuush!

kuuushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuuushi Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 9:39am
post #14892 of 25877

AHi guys! I managed to sleep from 2am till 5am then 6am till 10am and I'm sooo happy I managed that! Honestly feel like I have someone sitting on my chest. Breathing is difficult. Docs reckon it's a side effect to my tonsilitis and my chest is clear. Hmmmmmmm. If I did have a chest infection I'd hate to see it!

Hubby and I are watching twin peaks this weekend. Been off work since Wednesday with my chest and we've just decided to have a proper lazy duvet weekend with lots and lots of naughty food. Pretty sure he's gonna let me order a takeaway tonight too! Hehe. All I've eaten is chocolate pretzels, chocolate mousse, homemade cookies, egg bagels and I've managed to pull a nice dinner out of my hat each night to claw it back in haha!

Twin peaks is awesome though, gonna marathon it today I think!

So next cake is a Cardiff city t shirt and I'm doing a two tier Minnie Mouse with 24 cupcakes for my niece in London so will end up doing a 4 hour drive with that HAHAHAHA *cold sweats* that's why I got the cupcake tower. Can't believe it was so cheap!

Tiddy I'm glad your feeling better let's hope it stays away for you today! Bloody thing must be a nightmare!

Maisie I'm so sorry about your boiler! It happened to me last year. Soaking wet bedroom argh! I hope you manage to salvage a lot of stuff!

Nanny it's just a piping course. I'm gonna go with beginner as we were taught how to make piping bags haha, something that I'm happy about cause I'm ****e at it!

I hope I haven't missed anyone out!

m4rvelgeek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m4rvelgeek Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 9:45am
post #14893 of 25877

AWell, the christening cake is done. I'm not gonna do my usual thing where I list what I hate about it, mainly because you'll all shout at me...!! ;)

Text a photo to the client (my BFF) and she's happy. :)

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3271236/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Tiddylicious Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 10:05am
post #14894 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4rvelgeek 

Well, the christening cake is done. I'm not gonna do my usual thing where I list what I hate about it, mainly because you'll all shout at me...!! icon_wink.gif

Text a photo to the client (my BFF) and she's happy. icon_smile.gif

yes we will! :lol: Looks fab!

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 10:11am
post #14895 of 25877

M4rvel - it's beautiful - be proud of it  Lovely work

Kathy

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 11:19am
post #14896 of 25877

Hi everyone rubbish weather here today as was yesterday.

Marvel love both cakes, though the black one is my fav. I think your ruffles turned out well they look good you've done a great job on both.

Tiddy glad to hear you had a pain free night hope it stays like that for you. Lovely brush embroidery i so need to try that.

Maisie hope your boiler problems are sorted and not to much damage was caused.

Kuuushi glad you got some sleep a duvet day sounds just what you need.

Nanny have fun shopping with Sarah.

Hope everyone's pets and kids are doing better and that everyone's deliveries go well. Sorry if I've missed anyone

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 11:23am
post #14897 of 25877

Hi everyone,

this is my 3rd attempt to post here but keep getting interrupted. 

Mel, sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she is well soon x Also hope your cake woes end!

Lizzy, thank you. Yes I'm very happy my friend is home,  but I am a bit paranoid it will happen again (fluid build up in her brain). But give it several weeks and I'll really relax then!

Siany, we are all singing 'Everything Is Awesome' in my house and we can't get the song out of our heads. I really liked the Lego Movie- really funny :)

Kuushi, I could do with a piping course. Your RI work is fab. I made this choc mud cake to bring to my aunt's house today, and decided to pipe a shell border. I had to redo it quite a few times to get anything decent. Still not happy with the final result but much better than my first few tries:

It's got raspberry buttercream filling and ganached on the outside and I can't wait to have some later. Mud cakes definitely rise more than my normal choc cakes. This has only 3 layers (I left out the 4th layer cos it already looked quite big as it was) and with 3 layers, 2 layers of filling and the ganache the cake is 3.75" high!!

I'll catch up with the other posts when I've got more time, until then hope everyone is well :)

kuuushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuuushi Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 1:36pm
post #14898 of 25877

ALovely cake petitecat! My mud cake is a high riser too lol. Love it!

Sat here watching this 80's tv show eating chocolate covered pretzels. Mmmm

maisie73 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 1:40pm
post #14899 of 25877

AI salvaged the one thing I kept in the airing cupboard that I would've been gutted to lose. Needless to say I'm finding it a new home now. I hope the wet patches in the living room dry out and I can paint over them. Well the ceiling and the coving anywY, I just hope the pattern on the wallpaper is busy enough to hide any marks cos I'm not redecorating the whole room. My bedroom is next, jo's inspired me.

Beautiful christening cake m4rvel, no wonder your friend is pleased. My favourite part is the ruffles actually and you said you weren't very good at them. Nothing wrong with them, I think they're lovely.

Glad you had a good night tiddy. Hopefully it's a sign it's going away at last. I don't plan on covering a whole round cake, just sticking a few squares on it. I've seen one (pretty sure it was here) I'd like to take inspiration from (shamelessly steal!) that I think is more within my capabilities. So if whoever made the round one could re post it to save me trawling I'd be very grateful. If whoever made it doesn't mind me copying that is. I wish I could remember who's it was. Jo I think. Or roxy maybe.

Jean your mud ake looks delish, nothing wrong with the piping as far as I can see, looks really neat. I love mud cake.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 4:02pm
post #14900 of 25877

Hi everyone,

Hope all are well. :)

Lovely cakes everyone. ;-D

Tiddy, glad you had a pain free night and hope you continue getting better. 

Barbara, enjoy shopping with your daughter today. Its raining around here which I am not complaining at all!!! :grin:

Mel, hope your delivery went well. 

So, I delivered my cake too. And set it up at the venue. It was beautifully decorated but the table for the cake was near the windows, so didn't get any good photos. 

maisie73 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 4:37pm
post #14901 of 25877

AHi bashini, I'm not complaining about the rain either, anything that's not hot is fine by me :-) I see what you mean about the position of the cake but you can still see how beautiful it is and the separators look lovely,

Quiet on here today isn't it?

nannycook Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 4:54pm
post #14902 of 25877

AHi everyone, have fun shopping you all say? You kidding? I'm knackered!

Brilliant cakes everyone.

Love your wedding cake Bashini.

Aw Maisie sorry about your boiler. Tiddy, glad you had a pain free day.

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 5:27pm
post #14903 of 25877

AI'm back! And smiling :) Delivery went well, luckily I didn't get caught in the awful rain we are having while taking cakes from car to venue lol as I realised halfway there I'd forgotten to bring a brolly!! The Groom survived the trip too, surrounded by a big layer of bubble wrap! Really hope they liked it, the only sad thing about some deliveries is not seeing the people who actually ordered the cakes.

Here are the pics:

[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3271388/width/200/height/400[/IMG] [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3271390/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Love the christening cake Marvel, really pretty and I love the doggy! The cake delivery gods are all yours tomorrow, they did the trick for me today :-)

Bashini that's really lovely! Love the top ball arrangement, how did you get it so nice and round?

Oh no Maisie your poor house! Floods are the worst as the water goes everywhere :/ Hope you can get everything fixed soon x

Siany I love lemon Madeira, it's my go to lemon cake, layered with lemon buttercream and lemon zest, yum! If you've got leftover white choc ganache, I mix in some lemon extract (the alcohol Neilsson one) with mine to make lemon ganache and use that to cover my lemon cakes! I'd love an agbay, just not got anywhere to keep it! I'd definitely go Kenwood over KA, I researched and found the same as you about the motors etc, and from what I've read Kenwoods are bulletproof, I love mine!

Kuushi hope you are ok, that doesn't sound nice at all but glad you got a bit more sleep. x

Hi everyone else, don't want to miss anyone but also don't want to add worlds longest post lol! Off to the pub for dinner in a bit, hubby's treat :grin:

bashini Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 6:04pm
post #14904 of 25877

AThanks everyone!:smile:

Maisie, sorry I missed your post about the boiler. Hope you get all sorted soon. :)

So Barbara, did you buy anything or was it just your daughter who bought stuff?

Mel, your cake is gorgeous!!! :smile: Glad all went well. Regarding the flowers on the top, I used a 5" round cake card and a big lump of sugar paste in the middle. And then stuck the roses first around and then filed the top. Then added the filler flowers. Hope it make since. :-)

Siany, I love lemon cake too. But not the Madeira unfortunately. Mich Turners cake is fabulous too! :-)

Kuuushi, glad you got bit more sleep last night and hope you get better soon too. :smile:

nannycook Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 6:38pm
post #14905 of 25877

AAw Mel, so glad your cake delivery went well.

Oooooo, Bashini, I had a fab day, bought long white smart trousers, narrow ones, then Capri pants also in white, 2 bikinis, 2 beach type dresses, and Sarah made me, yes honestly made me buy a lovely pair of flats from Marks, they looked Italian looking, very chic,her words, so abit naughty really.

bashini Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 6:41pm
post #14906 of 25877

AAww!!! That sounds lovely Barbara. So when are you off on your holiday?:-)

maisie73 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 6:45pm
post #14907 of 25877

AAw mel it's beautiful. Was all the stress and worry worth it? I bet it was, I'd be jumping up and down like tigger if I could make something like that. Not just yours, bashini's, Nanny's everyone who can make wedding cakes with lovely smooth SP. Smooth (or not!) SP shows up particularly well on wedding cakes doesnt it, because there's not much to hide it I suppose. It's fab, I love the figures, the cats my favourite.

Lemon ganache sounds yummy, I've got the Nielsen Massey extracts, they were two for a fiver in tesco for a couple of weeks, usually a fiver each. Worth buying when they're that price. I don't like Madeira cake, too dry for me.

My boiler pipe is being replaced Tuesday, until then I've got a bowl catching thewater. Luckily it only leaks when the boiler is active so only when I'm running the hot water. If it was winter and I had the heating on I'd be getting up through the night to empty it!

maisie73 Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 6:47pm
post #14908 of 25877

AWow nanny sounds like you had a productive day. :-) I'm quite jealous, been stuck in with Leah and the bowl all day. :-(

nannycook Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 6:55pm
post #14909 of 25877

AAw bless bless you Maisie

1st of September Bashini, for 11 days, got 9lbs to lose before though.

bashini Posted 2 Aug 2014 , 7:31pm
post #14910 of 25877

AWow!!! I am sure you will Barbara. Diet is something that I cannot do. I lurve my chocolates and ice creams!!!!:grin:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%