A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 18 May 2014 , 9:41am
post #6841 of 25877

AGood morning everyone!!!!

All your cakes and babies are beautiful. :) I will post the pictures later one.

Barbara, the bride wanted cameo colour for the roses. So I contacted A piece of Cake Thames, and I sent them a sample of the colour. Norma came up with this by adding pink, chocolate brown and baby pink. They were so helpful and amazing!!!' :-)

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 18 May 2014 , 10:20am
post #6842 of 25877

AOh right, so do you think I could get something like that colour if I tried those colours, my daughter loves those type of colours and its her b'day on the 5th June and wants duck egg colour with a pink peony but not your everyday pink, more like your colour.

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 18 May 2014 , 11:50am
post #6843 of 25877

Well ladies I have a lovely chocolate cake in the oven as I wanted to try Paul Bradfords recipe out. Then I may have a go at ganache! 

My husband person is in London today so I have a whole play day :D......apparently it is world baking day today so seems rude not to! Need something to take my mind off of yesterdays events :x

nannycook Posted 18 May 2014 , 12:52pm
post #6844 of 25877

AApparently tiddy yes it is.

Make loadsa ganache as you will dive in with the odd spoon or two for you. Let us know what you think.

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 18 May 2014 , 12:56pm
post #6845 of 25877

Sounds yummy Tiddy I've not tried that recipe.I have just signed up for the free membership on his site so lots of new videos to watch.

bashini Posted 18 May 2014 , 3:19pm
post #6846 of 25877

A

Original message sent by nannycook

Oh right, so do you think I could get something like that colour if I tried those colours, my daughter loves those type of colours and its her b'day on the 5th June and wants duck egg colour with a pink peony but not your everyday pink, more like your colour.

Yes, you can. But you have to add 6 parts of pink to 1 part of chocolate brown to 5 parts of baby pink. You have to use their flower paste though. :-)

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 18 May 2014 , 4:22pm
post #6847 of 25877

A

Original message sent by nannycook

Oh right, so do you think I could get something like that colour if I tried those colours, my daughter loves those type of colours and its her b'day on the 5th June and wants duck egg colour with a pink peony but not your everyday pink, more like your colour.

Ooh that's my birthday too, 5th June. Just thought you would like to know haha.

Anyone else watching the cake lace demo on create and craft? So nice but so expensive!

chasingmytail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasingmytail Posted 18 May 2014 , 4:28pm
post #6848 of 25877

OMG - in a panic about these scallop shapes last night I decided to try the Crafty - 'Jessica Harris' - £12 - how amazing!!! Better than any You tube vid and well shot no arh, ums, slow boring. So much stuff on there that I should of looked at months ago.

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 18 May 2014 , 4:40pm
post #6849 of 25877

ALove the dusky pink Bashini!

I've just put the TV on to have a nose at Cake Lace Nanny LOL! Always makes me laugh watching the presenters make up things to talk about during gaps :) Get slightly annoyed at all the jabs at how much wedding cakes are though, she's got no idea of the total amount of work involved...

Chasingmytail they are great aren't they? Very addictive though LOL I've done 2 of Jessica's classes and Zoe Clarks one and they are fab :)

roxylee123 Posted 18 May 2014 , 4:42pm
post #6850 of 25877

Sugarluva I'm watching the cake lace on create and craft, it's nice to see how it's made but way out of my price range. I will be sticking to my cheap ebay mats for now and just buying a pot of the cake lace of amazon to try.

Chasingmytail I bought the Jessica Harris Clean and simple cake designs class a while ago and love it, I am hoping to get the others later on she is a really good teacher really easy to follow. Check out her blog think its called jessicacakes you can get her classes half price all the time through her page.

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 18 May 2014 , 4:50pm
post #6851 of 25877

Hi all. Squeezing in some forum time while waiting for roast to come out of the oven. I can smell the dauphinoise... and pork roast...yumm...

Bashini, I can't see your pink cake anywhere? Is it in this forum or in the gallery section?

Tiddylicious Posted 18 May 2014 , 5:19pm
post #6852 of 25877

Hi peeps :) been having a play day today and decided it was time to do my birdcage cake! Well ive had a few struggles, mostly with elephant skin which never happens to me.....think i got the worst of it and its looking lovely. I have actually surprised myself this time :lol:

just a few more bits to add and I will post a piccy.

Roxy I am a full member of PB and wasnt sure it was worth the money at first (there goes me spending again!) but it is worth every penny! Hes always adding new courses and i can spend hours on there :D

Have to say though the choc cake was a disaster! I scaled it down to an 8" as it was just a practice one and im not sure what happened but it sank terribly! I usually have the opposite problem ans i have a sneaky suspicion that my son opened the door (he denies this) when he smelt it cooking :lol:

The most important thing though was the taste and boy did it taste good! and was really really moist...........so will be having another go when everyones out so i cant blame anyone ;-D

roxylee123 Posted 18 May 2014 , 5:23pm
post #6853 of 25877

Haha Tiddy if in doubt blames the kids :lol:.I will have to give the recipe a try. I want to try a birdcage cake to but my list of things to try is so long god knows when I will get round to it. Looking forward to seeing yours.

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 18 May 2014 , 5:40pm
post #6854 of 25877

Oh Jean - I can smell your roast and dauphinoise from here too!  But I am having "what's left in the fridge" for dinner as off on holiday for a week.  I am making a note that we are currently on page 457 on the thread - I bet it will be up to page 500 by the time I get back.  Have a nice week everyone!

Kathy

roxylee123 Posted 18 May 2014 , 5:43pm
post #6855 of 25877

Have a great time on holiday Dayscakes.8)

nannycook Posted 18 May 2014 , 6:05pm
post #6856 of 25877

ALucky thing Dayscakes, have a nice time.

Recorded the cake lace, so will look later, I'm abit excited as I ordered mine from Amazon, 2 weeks ago, after a week and half it hadn't comes so I left some feedback as you do, well they contacted me and said they would refund me, I said fine but I would have preferred to have it, they sent me another another email saying they will send it to me free of charge as an apology, how cool eh?

Aw tiddy, dont you just hate it when that happens?

roxylee123 Posted 18 May 2014 , 6:18pm
post #6857 of 25877

Lucky you Nanny that's great.

OhTiddy I'm sorry I;ve just realise it sounded like I was laughing at you cake sinking I was laughing at your son opening the door because it smelt so good.

bashini Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:10pm
post #6858 of 25877

AHi all... Thank you Mel!! :)

Jean, I couldn't post it on gallery, so here is....

[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3237649/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

nannycook Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:13pm
post #6859 of 25877

AIs that beautiful everyone? You must be so pleased with it Bashini?

Tiddylicious Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:24pm
post #6860 of 25877

haha! Dont worry roxy i knew what you meant :smile:

Well here it is! I have to admit I think I may be a little bit in love with it :D

Not too bad for a first go!

what do you think?

bashini Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:27pm
post #6861 of 25877

AThanks Barbara! :-) I really am pleased and the groom called me to say thank you and how pleased they were. So I am over the moon. :smile:

Tiddylicious Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:29pm
post #6862 of 25877

OOOh Bashini thats pretty! It looks like the lace mould im using for a wedding cake in August..hope its as nice x 

nannycook Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:33pm
post #6863 of 25877

ATiddy, thats really lovely. How many cakes are there?

Tiddylicious Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:38pm
post #6864 of 25877

None its a dummy! :lol:

Tiddylicious Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:40pm
post #6865 of 25877

I did estimate 4 though for the real thing :) just waiting for more deliveries! Had to have a go though........think thats why i got elephant skin, as it is very slippy on the dummy!

Victoria M Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Victoria M Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:54pm
post #6866 of 25877

Bashini and Tiddy your cakes both look gorgeous!  I like the way you’ve got the bars of the cage raised a bit from the cake, Tiddy :)

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:56pm
post #6867 of 25877

ABashini that cake is gorgeous and Tiddy your birdcage looks lovely too well done.

Nanny I am very jealous you're getting your cake lace for free. I'm not sure I liked all the designs they have on the TV tonight but I love the serenity mat.

nannycook Posted 18 May 2014 , 7:59pm
post #6868 of 25877

AI'm having Ophelia mat, abit ornate but still nice, even better its free!

Tiddylicious Posted 18 May 2014 , 8:08pm
post #6869 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victoria M 

Bashini and Tiddy your cakes both look gorgeous!  I like the way you’ve got the bars of the cage raised a bit from the cake, Tiddy :)

thats the look i loved from all the ones ive seen, just seemed a bit more cagey :lol:

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 18 May 2014 , 8:09pm
post #6870 of 25877

AGreat birdcage Tiddy, can I ask which cutter you used for the bird?

Lucky you with a freebie Nanny too! I love the Ophelia mat, I quite like the ornate ones, if you are going lace then I think more is more in terms of detail to make the most of it :)

Have a lovely holiday Kathy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%