Dallas Ccers

Decorating By bellsnbows Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 4:03am by bellsnbows

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 17

Hi! I am about to go to the Dallas area to see my husband's family for Spring Break. I am so excited to be going to a big city that might have some good cake sources cause around here it's slim picking!!! Any suggestions of good suppliers and even cute bakeries to visit??? I know that I am such a cake dork!! There just aren't many suppliers here or even "real" bakeries. Thanks!!

Ellen

16 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 17

Cake Carousel is in Richardson on the northeast side of Central Expressway (75) and Arapaho Road. Cakes Amore' has some supplies too, but is much smaller. It's north of Cake Carousel about 10 minutes, at Central Expressway and Spring Creek on the northwest corner of the intersection..

Enjoy Big D!

Deanna

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 17

yes i agree i would definitely go to cake carousel and Bronwen Weber has her bakery and studio here. I would visit it.
its
Frosted Art Bakery
1546 Edison St
Dallas, TX 75207-3705
she is executive chef there.

Enjoy dallas

bellsnbows Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 17

Thanks so much!!! I am excited!! Any other ideas of places to go are welcome!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 17

If you go to Euless..just 5-10 minutes West of the DFW airport there is Elizabeth's Cake Supplies. It is very small but they have a lot of stuff. Also Romano's Bakery is in Dallas, they are very good and the last time I was in there they had a whole room of different cakes (dummies of course).

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 17

We can do lunch if you are coming to the north side. I could round up Michele Foster (Sugarflowers on CC) and see if she can come. Hm, a trip to Cake Carousel, a little Mexican food.... Sounds good.....

Deanna

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:19am
post #7 of 17

Have a great time while you are here! Cake Carousel is a must...Cakes Amore really doesn't have much, but is fun anyway. If you do stop by Bronwen's place, I would suggest an appointment. Also, it is a little tough to get to, but nice to see all her beautiful display cakes. icon_smile.gif Have a nice trip!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

We can do lunch if you are coming to the north side. I could round up Michele Foster (Sugarflowers on CC) and see if she can come. Hm, a trip to Cake Carousel, a little Mexican food.... Sounds good.....

Deanna

Sorry, I would love to go, but I will be out on the Pacific Ocean! It's our first real vacation in I don't know how many years.

Have a great time and then fill me in on anything interesting! icon_smile.gif

Michele

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:29am
post #9 of 17

will be going to Las Collinas(sp) in a few months - where is Cake Amore

sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:39am
post #10 of 17

Cakes Amore is in Plano. I took my classes there. The people are very nice. Very helpful and will answer questions any time. The shop is small, but nice.

www.cakesamore.com

CareBear3891 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareBear3891 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:42am
post #11 of 17

Has anyone tried the Sale Place located @ 3641 Shepard Ln Mesquite, Tx (972) 557-7747 - 635 to Elam in the shopping stripe on the side of KFC. They have cake items & pretty reasonable.

sylly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sylly Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:59am
post #12 of 17

I work at Cakes Amore and, yes, we are small, but it is a fun atmosphere and we have lots of great cakes on display and stuff to browse. icon_smile.gif

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #13 of 17

You could also go to the Dallas location of Sprinkles to see what it's all about! And, I think there is a cupcake bakery in Plano called the Cupcakery.

bellsnbows Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 11:51pm
post #14 of 17

Oh...I am so excited!!! I spent most of today at the North Mall, helping my husband's cousin design her invitations. We got NOTHING done! HA!!

I have no idea what side of Dallas I am on!!! I swear we come here all the time and I still have no idea how to get around!!! His family lives all over this area, Garland, Rowlett, Mesquite, Fresno, (these are all the names I remember!) and so we travel all over.

Lunch sounds fun!! I will only be here through Wednesday though, so if that works, PM me and lets go! All CC'ers welcome! It would be so fun to put faces to these names! And I would love to take someone with me who can tell me how to use all the cool toys they are sure to have there!

Michelle, I'm sorry you can't make it, but I can understand (the ocean sounds much better)! I will be back in May and July for sure (weddings) so maybe we can plan lunch then??

Ok, I'm off to look up addresses to all of these places to plan my day and see if I can convince my husband to drive me to all of these places because there is no way I could drive on these highways (small town girl here)!

Thanks everyone!

bellsnbows Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:04am
post #15 of 17

oops! I meant North Park Mall! And I found out I am currently in North East Dallas area.

sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #16 of 17

I think for Fresno, you meant Frisco? icon_smile.gif
Happy shopping!

bellsnbows Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:03am
post #17 of 17

Ha! Ha! I'm sure I do! Can you tell I have no idea where I am???? We just ate at this Mexican restaurant downtown called Sala and it is FAB, FAB, FABULOUS!!! Food, atmosphere, staff, design, etc. all so wonderful! I highly recommend it to everyone! I will never eat Mexican food in Memphis ever again! I seriously think this is the fullest I have ever been in my whole life! UGH!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%