Creme Bouquet

Decorating By starcitycakes Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 9:06pm by GayeG

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:27pm
post #31 of 44

I have never tasted the real creme bouquet, but I tried the recipe that GayeG posted, and it was really good! My family raved about it. So maybe if you just think of it as it's own little concoction instead of comparing it to the real creme bouquet, it will be better, lol. Thanks GayeG!

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #32 of 44

mellee ~

Your very welcome! thumbs_up.gif

Cake Mommy - Your very welcome too!! thumbs_up.gif

I only "passed it forward" - I got it from somebody a month or so back - somewhere around here - had to try it like ya'll - and was pleasantly surprized! Sometimes Knock-Offs arnt so good - but my family liked it and so has everyone else I've tried it on! So, I kept it and the recipe and always have some on hand to throw into something! *yummy*

lv14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv14 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:08pm
post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

ladij...I think Valencia is a combo of almond, cherry & vanilla...I may be wrong on those ingredients. It is next to all the other extracts at my party supply store. All of their extracts are the same brand..but I'm not even sure what that is. They are all in a small clear bottle with a simple white label. Looks kinda generic in nature. I got this recipe combo (valencia & cream bouquet) from my very seasoned wilton instructor. Deb

What party supply store carries Valencia? Do you mean a craft store like Michael's or do you mean a party store like Party City?

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #34 of 44

Hi ladies, just wanted to add my 2 cents. I have been making the "concoction" (sp?) for quite a while now. It very well might be it's own thing (like someone stated above) everyone here looovvvves it to!!! I got the recipe from someone here and always pass it on. I have mentioned that the original concoctor (is that a word) used lemon juice. I tried the recipe using lemon extract because I never had the lemon juice. (I'll have to try that someday) but for now the 1 T. lemon extract 1 t. vanilla 1 t. butter extract and 1 t. almond extract is the recipe I use. We love it!!! I use it teaspoon for teaspoon in place of the extract called for in my buttercream. It smells like you have already made your buttercream the minute you open the bottle. (I always have a bottle already mixed up). I do agree that it doesn't go well with chocolate. But I love the "concocted" (sp?) recipe to use in vanilla bc.

Long live the "concocted" recipe for creme bouquet! icon_razz.gif
I guess I'm going to have to look waaaaay back in my forum posts and find that famous gal who made me so happy with her "concoction"!! thumbs_up.gif

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:47pm
post #35 of 44

this thread has me thinking of creating new flavors..has anyone tried "mixing" it up?

like tropical = coconut and lime

ps. today i picked up some cool brass dodads from an antique store and I am going to make my own food grade molds tonight! One of them is a garden watering bucket...cute.

GayeG Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:01pm
post #36 of 44

Absolutly Dizzy! I'm always mixing this into that ... that into this - My favorite thing to do with emulsions!!

Now Im hooked on the gourmet flavors thread with 100000000000 concoctions!! OMY!!

You rock Dizzy! Makin your own molds? Wow! I love antique stores - they really get the imagination juices flowing!
Please post a pic of the mold w/dodads!!! Id love to see it!

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #37 of 44

Dizzymaiden~
If you are wanting some great flavor combos check out the gourmet flavors thread -

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-614554-570.html

It's been such a good thread, and somewhere in the middle someone put all the recipes shared together too!

Dizzymaiden Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:18pm
post #38 of 44

I am wondering if someone will be putting out a CC book soon icon_wink.gif

Dizzymaiden Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:20pm
post #39 of 44

You bet - I bought the trial size of the food grade mold mix - so I will snaps some pictures of my progress. icon_cool.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:48pm
post #40 of 44

Cool you could make your own mold of just about anything! I can't wait to see... are you going to post in here or start a new thread?

GayeG Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #41 of 44

I'm anxious to see to Ms PiggySmile icon_smile.gif (sorry - the sad part makes me .. well, sad!) icon_wink.gif

Please let us know where you'll post them! So's I can keep an I out!
I didnt even KNOW they made the trial size! Where did you get that Dizzy?? (not that Im THAT adventurious or anything) ... just nosey! icon_wink.gif

GayeG Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:58pm
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

ladij...I think Valencia is a combo of almond, cherry & vanilla...I may be wrong on those ingredients. It is next to all the other extracts at my party supply store. All of their extracts are the same brand..but I'm not even sure what that is. They are all in a small clear bottle with a simple white label. Looks kinda generic in nature. I got this recipe combo (valencia & cream bouquet) from my very seasoned wilton instructor. Deb

What party supply store carries Valencia? Do you mean a craft store like Michael's or do you mean a party store like Party City?

I wanna know too! That sounds delish! I dont think Ive come across that anywhere .. except online. Hopefully I can find it around here! The shipping is cheaper! icon_wink.gif

Dizzymaiden Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:24pm
post #43 of 44

It is really a small amount - but if it works out it will be ten times cheaper than buying molds. Plus I have so many cool items that can be made into chocolate or sugar.

Yes - I will make sure I show pictures - might start a new thread IF it works out. I will post step by step how to photos.

Here are the details....

6oz. Trial Kit $12 per kit

http://www.culinart.net/silicone.html

wish me luck... Amy

GayeG Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:06pm
post #44 of 44

Excellant Amy! I cant wait to see them!! *so Im sprinkling some sugar dust to bring you Good Luck!!

BTW: Please DO send step-by-step! how-to photos! Im a visual kinda girl - I NEED IT!! icon_wink.gif

GOOD LUCK!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%