Cost Of The Smush

Lounge By KawaiiCakeCook Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 6:24am by KoryAK

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:49am
post #1 of 4

Quick question, it seems to be a new trend for me, the smush cake. I really don't understand these, but the customer is always right and all that. My question is how much do you charge for these guys?

3 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:56am
post #2 of 4

I would charge $15 if is in buttercream. Maybe $20 for fondant.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:31am
post #3 of 4

I think they are so cute! I think the idea came from the fact that normally, if you put a great big cake in front of a baby and sing happy birthday, the kid is just going to start bashing his/her hands into the thing, shoving hands in the mouth, then grab the cake again...all this before the song is over -- ugh, how unappetizing for everyone else. So someone, somewhere decided, hey, I'll make a tiny little cake for the baby and that way nobody else has to eat around the baby spit icon_lol.gif.

I can't answer for price though, but you could probably find more feedback if you use "smash" as a forum search term. From threads I've read, it varies, from the price Karema quoted you, to $10, to free.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:24am
post #4 of 4

From me, they are 4x2" rounds iced smooth in buttercream with the baby's name on it. $10 if they are adding it to another order. $75 if thats all they want 'cause thats the minimum order. I've had em do it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%