Bill In Texas For Legal Home Bakeries! Calling All Texans!

Decorating By kelleym Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 11:14pm by kelleym

higginspeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
higginspeg Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm
post #511 of 2039

Oh, and then we all go UNDERGROUND and can't be found, lets not forget that!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #512 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by higginspeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

@NaturePixie - Great! If you don't mind, where in DFW are you? I'm in Keller. You never know when we may need to band together. icon_wink.gif

@Amia - I totally missed the open toed shoes! icon_lol.gif

@Kelley - YAY!!! (I wonder if anyone wanted to interview Mongomery County Staph guy... icon_rolleyes.gif )

You are bad!!! I know I met you, are you the one with the blond curly hair that sat in front of Leslie, me and my FIL? == you were closer to the wall, by Yvette???

Hmmm... I was sitting in the middle section next to Angie and Jamie, behind Amy and some of the Capital Confectioner's Club ladies. I was the one in pink! icon_biggrin.gif No, really I'm tall (5'9") with dark brown hair that was pulled back into a pony tail. I was wearing a pink button-down shirt with a dark pink cardigan and jeans. Wish I could be more descriptive! icon_lol.gif

tx_cupcake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #513 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntEm

"Out of the night when the full moon is bright rides the cake decorator ...." "This Bold renegade carves a Z with her piping bag" icon_lol.gif

LMAO!!! icon_lol.gif

higginspeg Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:01pm
post #514 of 2039
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

@NaturePixie - Great! If you don't mind, where in DFW are you? I'm in Keller. You never know when we may need to band together. icon_wink.gif

@Amia - I totally missed the open toed shoes! icon_lol.gif

@Kelley - YAY!!! (I wonder if anyone wanted to interview Mongomery County Staph guy... icon_rolleyes.gif )

You are bad!!! I know I met you, are you the one with the blond curly hair that sat in front of Leslie, me and my FIL? == you were closer to the wall, by Yvette???

Hmmm... I was sitting in the middle section next to Angie and Jamie, behind Amy and some of the Capital Confectioner's Club ladies. I was the one in pink! icon_biggrin.gif No, really I'm tall (5'9") with dark brown hair that was pulled back into a pony tail. I was wearing a pink button-down shirt with a dark pink cardigan and jeans. Wish I could be more descriptive! icon_lol.gif

HMMM Well, I was wearing pink too, a pink hoodie witha pink undershirt and limping! I was with my FIL who was wearing a dark purple shirt - he has white hair - tall.

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:03pm
post #515 of 2039
Quote:
Quote:

Oh yes, the Cake Catacombs cover over half of montgomery county. Every time some one sells a cake. they go there and stay and lest a month and no one in the health dept. can find them. they simply vanish into thin air icon_lol.gif

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:05pm
post #516 of 2039

[quote="AuntEm"]

Oh yes, the Cake Catacombs cover over half of montgomery county. Every time some one sells a cake. they go there and stay and lest a month and no one in the health dept. can find them. they simply vanish into thin air icon_lol.gif[/quote]

This is awesome!!! LMAO. Of course you know we all go there so that we can't be found and tested for staph and norovirus.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:06pm
post #517 of 2039

I wanted to mention, if we get through the House and have a Senate hearing, the notice will likely be as short as what we got for this one. In fact, "My Neighbor the Lobbyist" (who actually showed up at our hearing to show me the ropes!) says that sometimes he gets notice on Tuesday for a Thursday hearing. So please start thinking now about what options you might have for getting off work, child care, transportation, etc. We now know we have opposition and they will be there too, so it is even more important to get MORE of us for the Senate hearing. There are several people in Austin who will offer up their homes for overnight lodging.

And a general announcement to the good citizens of North Carolina, Ohio, Massachusetts, Vermont, Utah, New Hampshire, etc: Please report immediately to your nearest hospital. You are on death's door because you may have consumed bakery items from a legal home bakery.

Those Health Department guys' logic was so whacked:
1. It's a terrible public health threat to have them operating legally!
2. We can't regulate them because there are so many of them already operating illegally!

higginspeg Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:06pm
post #518 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntEm

Quote:
Quote:

Oh yes, the Cake Catacombs cover over half of montgomery county. Every time some one sells a cake. they go there and stay and lest a month and no one in the health dept. can find them. they simply vanish into thin air icon_lol.gif

Ohhh. Well we all must be able to do that as Cake decorators because he was testifying about his area, but it was against all of us. Kinda made me feel like I was being compared to varmin! SIGH

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #519 of 2039
Quote:

So I'm not the only one who has gone thru 1000's of plastic sppons digging an escape tunnel under my house?

cakelady77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady77 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:12pm
post #520 of 2039
Quote:

I'm in Watauga! Can I join the DFW alliance? icon_wink.gif

higginspeg Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:13pm
post #521 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstrulytx

Quote:

So I'm not the only one who has gone thru 1000's of plastic sppons digging an escape tunnel under my house?

Who uses plastic spoons, I use the wooden ones and the scapers I use for my cakes and then use them on my cakes! LOL

We are a horrible bunch of people. Poor guy was so flustered by the doctor asking him the same questions in slightly different ways. He was so caught in that "story" with no way out, and I feel sorry for the people who live in his area. As soon as you register, he's gonna come looking for you. He and his shorthanded crew are going to encircle your house and invade your kitchen. Be prepared! - you're gonna keep them from catching the tamale guy and they are gonna be UPset!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:17pm
post #522 of 2039

I am beginning to figure this all out. You have to read a lot of the threads and piece the info together. The cakers are such covert people that we can't have all the info on one thread. You fork the lawn first and then spoon the catacombs right?? I am all for going to the next hearing. I believe it is a 6 - 8 hour trip. I can pick up people on the way down and join. I just hope I get the kolaches for the trip at a disease free place! I love the unimformed, undereducated individuals in the world talking on behalf of the informed for public safety.

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:21pm
post #523 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelady77

Quote:

I'm in Watauga! Can I join the DFW alliance? icon_wink.gif

TXcupcake, I'm on the Westside of Fort Worth.
cakelady77, sure the more the merrier. icon_lol.gif

higginspeg Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:22pm
post #524 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

I am beginning to figure this all out. You have to read a lot of the threads and piece the info together. The cakers are such covert people that we can't have all the info on one thread. You fork the lawn first and then spoon the catacombs right?? I am all for going to the next hearing. I believe it is a 6 - 8 hour trip. I can pick up people on the way down and join. I just hope I get the kolaches for the trip at a disease free place! I love the unimformed, undereducated individuals in the world talking on behalf of the informed for public safety.

Dont forgethe tamale guy!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:22pm
post #525 of 2039
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstrulytx

Quote:

Who uses plastic spoons, I use the wooden ones and the scapers I use for my cakes and then use them on my cakes! LOL

I would use those but my kids and pets are to busy licking them clean icon_wink.gif

On a lighter note staph guy was complaining about having to bring on more people to manage the load of newly legal bakers ....but would'nt that create much needed jobs in an economy that is struggling with unemployment?

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #526 of 2039

hey guys-was Gattis the one who kept talking about how amazing the cake was? I liked him a WHOLE lot. icon_lol.gif Smart move taking in some delicious sweets for them to chow down on.

jlynnw Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #527 of 2039

Ok, get the tamales from the guy selling out of the trunk of his beat up car, and go. Got it!

New employees for health dept. we will pay them in all the beaters they can lick clean, bowls too! We will leave them sit out on the counter waiting for them to stop by. No, no it is not mold, it is drug resistant penicillin. Seriously, this stuff will keep you from getting sick, my dog licked out of it earlier and is doing just fine! icon_lol.gif

Naturepixie Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #528 of 2039

Not to channge the subject but TXcupcake are you getting hail yet? It's looks like it's right on top of you. icon_eek.gif

Sorry, weatherman just came on and we are having bad weather...right now it's just heavy rain but it's supposed to get worse soon. Looks like TXcupcake is already getting hit. She is further north than me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:38pm
post #529 of 2039

It's headed our way. My poor kids are out with my mom today because I am ill. I hope they will be OK...

tx_cupcake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:40pm
post #530 of 2039
Quote:

HMMM Well, I was wearing pink too, a pink hoodie witha pink undershirt and limping! I was with my FIL who was wearing a dark purple shirt - he has white hair - tall.

You know, we probably did meet but then got lost in the sea of pink and purple! We'll definitely have to make sure we remember each other at the Senate hearing (fingers crossed!).

Cakelady77, you are literally right down the street from me, and Naturepixie, you aren't too far! I smell a DFW cake Meetup group forming. Unless one already exists that I don't know about. Hmmm...

Kelley, I have a pretty flexible schedule where I work, so I shouldn't have a problem getting a day off with only a few day's notice. However, I don't think I'd like to get up at 3:30am again so I may need a place to crash. icon_biggrin.gif

tx_cupcake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:43pm
post #531 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturepixie

Not to channge the subject but TXcupcake are you getting hail yet? It's looks like it's right on top of you. icon_eek.gif

Sorry, weatherman just came on and we are having bad weather...right now it's just heavy rain but it's supposed to get worse soon. Looks like TXcupcake is already getting hit. She is further north than me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. icon_biggrin.gif

\\

I work in SW Fort Worth, and I'm watching it roll in right now. The clouds look amazing, but I'm sure what they're holding isn't so great... but I guess it's that time of year. After all, Mayfest (i.e. Hailfest) is right around the corner.

Naturepixie Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:46pm
post #532 of 2039

[quote="txcupcake"]

Quote:

Cakelady77, you are literally right down the street from me, and Naturepixie, you aren't too far! I smell a DFW cake Meetup group forming. Unless one already exists that I don't know about. Hmmm...

Sounds good to me TXcupcake I've been trying to find a cake club but I'm not having any luck....we should do it!!!

cakelady77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady77 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:53pm
post #533 of 2039

[quote="Naturepixie"]

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds good to me TXcupcake.. I've been trying to find a cake club but I'm not having any luck....we should do it!!!

I agree! I'm up for it. Just tell where to be and when! I'm not much of an A type personality, I'm bad at organizing things. Maybe we could all carpool to the Senate hearing!

mommakeef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakeef Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:53pm
post #534 of 2039

Hey TXcupcake, Cakelady77 & Naturepixie! I'm in FTW also, TCU area. Glad to know there are fellow cakers so close to me!

I work in Downtown and am watchin the awesome cloud display outside! Wish they'd let us go early, I don't wanna get caught in this! I have to walk 3 blocks from my office to my parking garage icon_cry.gif

~Shannon

jlynnw Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:03pm
post #535 of 2039

I am to the west of all of you. I would love to join the group if that is ok. I don't think we have one over here either. Are we supposed to wear pink and purple to the Senate hearings?

Naturepixie Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:10pm
post #536 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakeef

Hey TXcupcake, Cakelady77 & Naturepixie! I'm in FTW also, TCU area. Glad to know there are fellow cakers so close to me!

I work in Downtown and am watchin the awesome cloud display outside! Wish they'd let us go early, I don't wanna get caught in this! I have to walk 3 blocks from my office to my parking garage icon_cry.gif

~Shannon

Yippie!!!!! Jlynnw, where are you located at? Mommakeef, I'm excited to find more peeps around me too!!!! This is great!!! Anyone else in the DFW area?

tx_cupcake Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:23pm
post #537 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturepixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakeef

~Shannon

Yippie!!!!! Jlynnw, where are you located at? Mommakeef, I'm excited to find more peeps around me too!!!! This is great!!! Anyone else in the DFW area?

Alright everyone, I'm going to look into this whole FW Cake Club business. It is becoming clear we need one - if anything, for political purposes! Stay tuned... icon_wink.gif

higginspeg Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #538 of 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

hey guys-was Gattis the one who kept talking about how amazing the cake was? I liked him a WHOLE lot. icon_lol.gif Smart move taking in some delicious sweets for them to chow down on.

No, that was representative Coleman. He was a hoot, even winked at us once after we all said no!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:30pm
post #539 of 2039
Quote:
Quote:

On a lighter note staph guy was complaining about having to bring on more people to manage the load of newly legal bakers ....but would'nt that create much needed jobs in an economy that is struggling with unemployment?

No, the state budget is very tight. The bill is written in a way to minimize staff time. It won't pass with required annual inspections, or close regulation. Although you'd think they could use some of that 'stimulus' money for it. icon_rolleyes.gif Jobs for them, jobs for us!

Quote:
Quote:

Are we supposed to wear pink and purple to the Senate hearings?

Yes, we looked awesome yesterday in our pink and purple. Wear your own shirt, or get a cool HB 3282 shirt! ($2 from every purchase goes to support our materials and printing costs).

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:30pm
post #540 of 2039

I have a question When and how are they going to use the written testimonies we sent in? I didn't hear them using them during the hearing. Are they going to read them later in private?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%