Which Airbrush System To Purchase?

Decorating By cakedecr8r Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 9:53pm by Yuni

cakedecr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedecr8r Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 9

Basically, the subject says it all. Im thinking of purchasing an air brush system to get into something different, and want some ideas on which is best, or what recommendations you guys can make. Thanks in advance

8 replies
bkkimberly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkkimberly Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:29am
post #2 of 9

wondering also, heres a bump

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:31am
post #3 of 9

this topic comes up every two days. you should do a forum search. you'll get lots of results that have all the different discussions in them.

cakedecr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedecr8r Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:11am
post #4 of 9

thanks, i will do a search

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:17am
post #5 of 9

I hear all kinds of things on what airbrush to buy but lemme just say that my DH works at Harbor Freight and I bought one there and it works WONDERFULLY!! You just have to make sure your compressor can go below 20 psi and is oilless ( which almost all are now adays). I set mine at 18 psi and away I go.

Good luck!

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:19am
post #6 of 9

HipnotiqGlamour: I know you can buy compresors at Harbor Freight, but they have airbrush systems too? (What a great store!) Am I better to buy one there (price wise) or use a 50% off coupon for Michaels? Thanks!

bustydusty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bustydusty Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:32am
post #7 of 9

I like to buy all my AirBRushing from AirbrushingDepot.com and go to the cake decorating ...... YOu can gett everything for about $99

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 1:25am
post #8 of 9

Yes Harbor Freight sells the airbrushes and compressors.

As far as I know Michael's doesn't sell airguns or compressors, at least not the one near me.

Yuni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yuni Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:53pm
post #9 of 9

Michaels near me doesn't carry them too, I am searching for one as well, right now I am in the process of going through ..."6971 matches" found on CC.... icon_cry.gif any advice, help or link would be lovely~ icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%