Here's The Goldfish Cake

Decorating By Cakeasyoulikeit Updated 18 Aug 2005 , 3:50pm by mommymarilyn

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 7

Well, here it is. Not exactly as I envisioned it. This is a groom's cake for a wedding this weekend...didn't find that out until Monday...minor details... Anyway, it's red velvet cake, iced in buttercream. Royal icing fins. I think I should have made the back fin a different shape. If I had this cake to do over, I'd do it differently, but this is how it turned out. I hope it's not too "cartoonish" for the customer. icon_eek.gif
LL

6 replies
Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 7

icon_eek.gif That cake is sooo cute! I love it!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 7

Nice job. I love it.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 7

really cute, but to be honest with you, I was kind of expecting it to look like a giant goldfish cracker. My bad!

Debbi

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 7

I think it's very cute and very goldfishy -- hope they enjoy it!

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 7

Well, if my "creative consultant", i.e. my husband, had been here when I made the fins, it probably would have looked liked a giant goldfish cracker. I was very overwhelmed this week and the cake I was modeling this after had a flat tail fin and I was kind of thinking "a fin is a fin", until my hubby comes home and says "ah, flat fins are on whales, you need a different shape." Ok, that's great...where were you this morning and why didn't I think to ask you last night! Oh well, live 'n learn. My next goldfish cake will look more like a goldfish and less like a "gold" fish...I hope!

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 7

Oh, I think you did a great job! thumbs_up.gif Don't be so hard on yourself - remember, we are our own worst critics! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%