Does Anyone Own This Pasty Board?

Baking By Redlotusninjagrl Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 1:39pm by vicky

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #1 of 15

Do you own this?

http://www.armchair.com/store/gourmet/baking/doughboard1.html

It says it is adjustable but I just don't see how. If you have it, can you explain how this works? I am curious how you roll out different thicknesses. Thanks!

14 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:24am
post #2 of 15

Hi! That's a Doboard, I have one and love it. Quite a few others have them too so if you do a search you might find more, but I'll try to explain.

The little white "feet" you see in the picture are knobs. To adjust the thickness you unscrew them, that releases the frame. One line of the outer square stands alone the other 3 are attached to each other.

There are tracks along the outside of the inner square and you simply slide off the 3 part frame and slide it back on in the correct track for the thickness you want, each track increases it 1/8in. Then you reattach the lone frame piece and the knobs. It is so easy I probably just over explained it, I can try to take pictures later if you would like.

The rolling pin is larger than the board in any direction so with the frame at the height you want, the pin rest on it and you roll to a consistant thickness, it's awesome! HTH, Andrea

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 15

Ahhhhh, I see. Thanks! That was a pretty awesome explanation. I couldn't figure out how it would be adjustable. So it is worth the money right? I almost think it would be a lot of work to change the thickness. But maybe not. Thanks for the info!

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:56am
post #4 of 15

Wow, do you use this for fondant and gumpaste work? This looks interesting. Let us know how it works.
Vicky

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:00am
post #5 of 15

that does seem really neat...how much does it cost?

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:05am
post #6 of 15

I love love love mine!!! Makes rolling out dough so much easier and clean up is also a snap! I do a lot more cookies now, since I got this board, and it's also great for pie crusts and anything else I have that needs rolling! icon_smile.gif
As a matter of fact, my Dobord even made it into my photos.....underneath my most recent heart cookies! See, I love it so much, I take pictures of it. icon_lol.gif
Heather

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:15am
post #7 of 15
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:40am
post #8 of 15

I just got one tonight! Do I need to prep the wood before first use?

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:44am
post #9 of 15

No need to prep the wood.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:01am
post #10 of 15

This is next on my wishlist. Got my KA, silpat, non-stick rolling pin from that same wishlist...it's a goooood thing!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:40am
post #11 of 15

i dont have one yet. hope to have one after my birthday though.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:03pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky

Wow, do you use this for fondant and gumpaste work? This looks interesting. Let us know how it works.
Vicky

I don't do fondant work, but yes, you can use it for that. It's been a great tool for me and I'm very happy with my purchase!

iheartcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcookies Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:13pm
post #13 of 15

I ordered this last week after seeing so many people rave about it. I can not even say how much I love this thing! I made 4 batches of cookies this weekend, so super quick, so even. SO happy with it!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:33pm
post #14 of 15

I have been playing with mine all weekend. Also made my own cookie cutter. DH loves the board, but was blown away by my making the cutter! I have more dough ready to roll this morning!
I love the dobord!

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:39pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

I have been playing with mine all weekend. Also made my own cookie cutter. DH loves the board, but was blown away by my making the cutter! I have more dough ready to roll this morning!
I love the dobord!

How did you make your own cookie cutter??? icon_confused.gif Thanks.
Vicky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%