Kids - You Have Got To Laugh!

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 6:02pm by JGMB

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 22

Ok people, I am sorry but I am going to have to bore you to tears with a story about my cute daughter.

Last night I had been painting some gum paste with gold luster dust. I had left the tray out so it had a lot of spilled dust on it. The tray caught my eye as I walked past it doing something else. I went to look and it had lots of little fingerprints in the gold dust. Ah-ha I thought to myself and went to look for my 7 year old daughter. Found her in the bathroom in front of the mirror admiring her bright gold eyelids! icon_lol.gif

Made me wonder though - some of my luster dust are a nice colour, maybe I should try it myself on a night out. icon_wink.gif

21 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 22

Cute! I won't mention this to my 13 year-old, she steals all my stuff as it is!

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 22

Kids do and say the darndest things icon_lol.gif

My 3 yr old DD actually told me to "Calm down, Mom! Just calm down!" when I was getting a little expressive in my conversation with DH. LOL.

She also helped "decorate" my St. Paddy's cake with her own fondant "coins" when I left the room for a few minutes. They looked more like fondant globs, but she sure was proud of herself! "Look Mom! I decorated your cake!" Yes honey...you sure did! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Liniti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liniti Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 22

Aren't kids, and grandkids, awesome! Out of my 5 grandkids, I've also got two 7 year olds and when those girls get together they become the Princess Diva's! I have to hide my makeup and jewelry before they come over or the next time I'm needing something I have to do a "clean sweep" of my bedroom to find it! Ha ha, I'm not complaining, I remember doing all that stuff myself, in the day....

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 22

Great Stories everyone!! Hey Baking Girl I have some mineral makeup eyeshadow that kind of resembles the different luster dust, maybe she knows something we dont!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 22

How cute. My youngest is 5 and she has an attitude on her that can last for days.

Earlier this week she gets upset and DH. She then tells me "Your husband is getting on my nervous"...then requests this "Tell your husband not to talk to me anymore"!!!

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 22

Kids are the best! Isn't it great when your 4 year old niece advertises your baking in the childcare? And only she has got the best cookies on St.Nicholas' day and only she has the best birthday cake!
Yet another pearl of wisdom from kids:
The same niece has explained my mother (her grandma): My baby sister has her name-day next month. She is too little to eat cake (3 month old). My aunt WILL make her a cake and I HAVE to eat in myself!

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:59pm
post #8 of 22

OK, one more missile for above mentioned niece. My brother - her father simply loves to stay in bed late on weekend. She knows it.
Year ago: She comes to him and says: "Papa, get up, breakfast, wonderful breakfast is waiting."
Guess what - nothing on the table. But papa is up icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 9:34pm
post #9 of 22

Okay, this isn't cake related, but I'll add it!

We were driving past a quarry that had huge piles of sand and gravel in it's yard one afternoon. My son (who is now 13) was about 4 years old at the time, said "Isn't God finished making the world YET?"

Birdiepants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdiepants Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm
post #10 of 22

marmalade that was jut precious. My 4 yr old came home from pre-k and started telling me what the other kids parents did for a living. I asked her well what does your mommy do? She told me that her mommy cooks and farts. LOL. I wanted to pinch her hard, no really hard. LOL

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm
post #11 of 22

You guys have to send in these stories to reader's digest. You can send them on line (at least for the Canadian version), and who knows, you might get $200. I did once.

Birdiepants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdiepants Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 9:50pm
post #12 of 22

margaretb, what was your winning story? Please tell.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:38am
post #13 of 22

You gotta love those little ones.

When my son was about 6 yrs old he barged into my bedroom as I was getting dressed. He caught me in my undies and bra and he looked at me and said "Mom..........you're a girl!" I guess it was the bra that tipped him off icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:34am
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezmom

She then tells me "Your husband is getting on my nervous"...then requests this "Tell your husband not to talk to me anymore"!!!

It gets better. My daughter (now 16) was 15 when she told me, "Your husband is an ass!" icon_lol.gif

dkelly, that story is a big LOL! Nothing gets by him!

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:44am
post #15 of 22

Okay, yesterday I'm driving down the road with the 3 kids & DH when the 2 yr old is asking for something he cant have. DH tells him to say nicely "But Mommy, Please can I have it?" 2 Yr old looks at me with a mean look and says "Butt Mommy!" icon_lol.gif
So sad though that he's learned that B word from the older two, yet its hard not to laugh...

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:47am
post #16 of 22

My DH asked our son (4 yrs old) the other morning if he heard the thunder from that night. "No, my ears were turned off because I was sleeping." Duh Dad! lol...

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:48am
post #17 of 22

My lovely little Daughter walked in on me when she was about 3. I was getting dressed and hadent put my bra on yet and was bent down to pull my pants up (let me preface this by saying she is my 3rd child).
She looked at me and said "Mommy you have looonng boobies!!"
I never wanted a boob job so bad in my life! I wanted to scream well you and your brothers sucked the life out of them for crying out loud!! Figured i'd scar her for life if I did that though!!
So 2 years later when I got my new boobies, she asked if I was getting them because she called my old ones loonng??!!

my_4_dumplins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my_4_dumplins Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:54am
post #18 of 22

I've been with my DH since I was 13(I'm 36 now) so I don't know where my daughter got this....She was 3 when some policians came by and left their campaign cards. She was playing with the cards and informs me "This one is my hubbin and this one is my hon" I said you have a husband AND a hon?? She says MOM! I gotta have two of 'em!!
Oh mercy, what am I in for?

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:03am
post #19 of 22

This is a really cute thread. I loved the stories! My daughter is three, and at Christmas she seemed upset about Santa. I asked her why she didn't want him to come. "Because he will just say HO HO HO and wake us up!" I had to promise her that Santa would be quiet. Christmas morning, she was thrilled about the presents of course, but also kept telling me, "Santa not wake me up! He was quiet!" She was so pleased. icon_rolleyes.gif

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:12am
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambugjoebear

Kids do and say the darndest things icon_lol.gif

My 3 yr old DD actually told me to "Calm down, Mom! Just calm down!" when I was getting a little expressive in my conversation with DH. LOL.

She also helped "decorate" my St. Paddy's cake with her own fondant "coins" when I left the room for a few minutes. They looked more like fondant globs, but she sure was proud of herself! "Look Mom! I decorated your cake!" Yes honey...you sure did! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I had to laugh at your post because my 3 year old son will tell me to "Just relax" when I get worked up..haha

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:13pm
post #21 of 22

When my oldest DS was 2 I was leaving to go to the store. I asked him, "Honey, did you need anything from the store?" He looked up at me and said, "Yeah Mama, I need friends." icon_sad.gif I said," Oh honey, mama will get you friends."

I enrolled him in daycare for once a week the next day. icon_wink.gif

Then when he was 3 I had to go to the bathroom while we were at Shopko. Of course I made him come in the stall with me. I sat down and he said to me, "Momma, did your penis fall off ?" Then I hear a giggle come from the stall next to me. icon_redface.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:02pm
post #22 of 22

When my daughter was little, she always had to be right and have the last word about everything. One day when she was 3, we saw a picture of a goose. She said it was a duck, I said goose, duck, goose, back and forth .. ....

Then, she blurts out, "Ducks and geese are the same things, they're just made in different factories!"

I guess I should've known that her teenage years would be really trying!!!! She still always had to have the last word.

Thankfully, now, she's a beautiful young woman and we get along great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%