Ideas For A Going Away Cake

Decorating By jules96 Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 4:12am by jules96

jules96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules96 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:12am
post #1 of 6

My cousin just got word that he was accepted into the boarder patrol academy and will be leaving in 3 weeks. I am making the cake for his going away party and I have a couple of ideas but just thought I would get your ideas. Everyone here always has the neatest cakes and ideas. Thanks in advance.

5 replies
cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:02am
post #2 of 6

Maybe you could post your ideas and we can add on to them?

jules96 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:27am
post #3 of 6

I was thinking on a sheet cake with a graham cracker crumb topping(he will be in and around the desert) making some cactus out fondant, maybe a little boarder patrol figure leaning on a rock. I also thought about maybe some blue tinted piping gel for a river. Just not sure and you guys always have great ideas, thanks.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 6

I think your idea all ready sounds great and that you should go with it icon_smile.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:52am
post #5 of 6

I like your idea too! Check to be sure if there actually is a river on the border, though. (I don't know my geography too well.)

I thought of doing a sombrero or a pinata on one side of the cake, the "border" in the middle, and something American on the other side ... Apple Pie? American Flag?

Also, there is a sort of funny sign ... here is a picture of it.
http://www.terroristplanet.com/mexican-border.jpg

jules96 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:12am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much, I can't get the link to download but I am going to keep trying. I'm looking forward to making this cake, I think it's going to be a fun one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%