Faces On Cakes

Decorating By maude Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 4:14am by sweettooth4chocolate

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order for a starwars cake and the customer wants 3 characters on the cake along with Yoda. I'm sure I can do the Yoda but have no idea how I am going to pull of the people. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking about telling her that I just can't do it. I just don't know how to get the detail accomplished, especially the faces.

5 replies
LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 6

options...
have the image printed on rice or fondant sheets (walmart does it for 5 bucks)

butter cream transfer image

print out the picure in the size you want. Cut around the image, lay it on your cake and trace the outline with a toothpick. Free draw the image using the outline as your guide.

non-eadible option: print out the picture, laminate it and then place it on the cake. Outline in icing

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 6

I make my characters out of fondant and layer each comonent on. Start with a picture of who you are doing, cut out the hair, etc. then starting with the base which in this case would be the face, layer on the hair, the eyes etc. You customer cannot expect this to look like a photo but it should have an appearance that is very close to the person you are making. You can see some examples on my web site at BeeBooConfections.citymax.com then click on the fondart page.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 6

look on the Lego website - they have Lego(the blocks) people for starwars - they look like the people but are more figure looking than actual people looking. Hope this helps.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 6

I'd just tell her you can't do it, they're copyrighted and you could get sued! Then have her buy some figures and work around them.

sweettooth4chocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth4chocolate Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #6 of 6

trace face over wax paper with marker. no shading. flip waxpaper and trace the marker with piping gel. let gel dry completely hard. impress on icing after it has been refridgerated as not to pull buttercream away from cake. airbrush for effects.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%