Hexagon Sps

Decorating By cakeandpartygirl Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm by momg9

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know of any online stores where I can purchase hexagon separate pillar systems? I have done a search and so far all the places have square, round or heart. I know this is a stupid question but If there is no places would it be ok if I use one of the other shapes? Thanks in advance

11 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:55am
post #2 of 12

i would use rounds with a board cut to the size and shape of your cake.

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 12

I have done this before. I used cardboard the hex shape of the cake and used a round sps. Worked great!

Hope that helps

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 12

Not a stupid question! HEXAGON cakes are the stupid thing! Lol...just kidding. I was searching for the exact same thing, and yes, use the round plates. Hopefully, I lost the bid on the hex cakes I was going to be working on. Ugh!

cakeandpartygirl Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #5 of 12

I am just trying to figure out why no one sells them yet I see the pans all over the place. It is just frustraging. But thank you so much for everyones replies. icon_smile.gif

cakeandpartygirl Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #6 of 12

I am just trying to figure out why no one sells them yet I see the pans all over the place. It is just frustrating. But thank you so much for everyones replies. icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 12

I don't think it's a matter of anyone selling them "yt", because I saw several sites where support systems were completely discontinued....therefore, for lack of people buying the dumb things in the first place! Yuch...I hope I never have to do a hex cake. They are beautiful if done right, but I don't want to try it!

cakeandpartygirl Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:15am
post #8 of 12

I am ok with that but I have another question. Should I use the same size as the cake or an inch smaller to avoid it being seen? Or maybe by the time it gets iced and bordered I won't have to worry about it?

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 2:06pm
post #9 of 12

Go a size lower. If you aren't sure of the dimensions, put a plate under the size of hex pan you are working with, make sure it is slightly smaller, so yes, you won't have the smaller plate show on the edges. A little bit smaller won't affect the support around the edges, your cardboard should be fine. Thanks to Leahs for that advice there... icon_smile.gif

cakeandpartygirl Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 2:11pm
post #10 of 12

thank you so much your a lifesaver icon_smile.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm
post #11 of 12

Try logicpic .com. I think they have every shape you could want.

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you for that web-site. I have been looking everywhere for hexagon separator plates. Wilton has discontinued making them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%