Ever Dropped A Client?

Business By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 7:55am by Chef_Stef

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:12pm
post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

The thing about it is, she has ignored any deadlines given to her by the wedding planner. For exaample: Bride talked to the DJ. He told her he would hold the date for 3 weeks. 4 weeks passes. DJ calls WP and says date is no longer available. Bride is then upset because she says well we were going to book him. Well, duh!

What happens if the sketch she sends is way more elaborate and then we have to "negotiate" a design that is in her price range? How long do you think that's going to take icon_confused.gif

WP told her I need to have the sketch today. We'll see what happens.

I'm trying to figure out how you know about the DJ deadline thing icon_confused.gif If the Wedding Planner is passing on this information to you that's pretty unprofessional of him/her. If she's talking to you about the DJ, then she's talking to other people about you. That is violating the client's privacy and is a big no no. I would never talk about one client with another.

If the Wedding is 2 months away, I wouldn't worry about it. If she doesn't send it by 30 days before, you make the cake based on what you have on the order form. End of discussion.

I don't have any other contact with my brides until 30 days before the wedding, otherwise they'll drive you nuts. I don't have time to hold their hands for 2 months.

When and if you do get the sketch and it's more involved detail then was originally discussed........you send a new price quote for the new design.

I wouldn't let this get you riled up, you have plenty of time.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 7:55am
post #32 of 32

I'd deal with the WP pretty much strictly; that's what she's there for--to deal with vendors for brides like this. Let her chase the bride around...

Leave it alone until a week before your official design deadline, whenever that is. If she's going to send you a sketch, she's got time. If you don't get one--about 5-7 days before the deadline, send ONE final email to the WP that says, "The final cake design details are due by xx date. If not received by that date, cake will be made as detailed in contract." (assuming you have a design in the contract). If no design is in the contract, word it so they understand that after the deadline, final design is up to YOU, and leave it at that. Get a response from the WP that she understands this, and print it out for your records.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%