Gum Paste Ball Tool Advise Please

Decorating By nannie Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 3:04am by gerripje

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:35am
post #1 of 4

I know there was a discussion thread some time ago which advised which tools to get for working with gum paste but can't find it.

Does anyone know where it is?

Also I decided to invest in a good ball tool to replace my junky wilton one. Can anyone recommend a particular brand?


3 replies
Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

I don't know. Are all the Wilton gumpaste tools crap? I personally don't know as I am just getting into gum paste. Either way, here's a bump...

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:55am
post #3 of 4

it just doen't seem to roll smoothly. the edges of my roses tear all the time.

My instructor recommended the metal ones but didn't mention any particular brand or size.

The rest of the wilton tools seem just fine.

thanks for the bump

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

I can't seem to find that thread either, but I only have the plastic Wilton ones too. I VERY carefully sanded / smoothed that seam line in the ball and that helped some, but I didn't want to wreck the thing in the process. I've heard that the metal ones are better and easier to use. I think PME has some? I know there is some on the Global Sugar Art website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%