Flavoring Antonia74's Ri?

Baking By chilz822 Updated 3 Mar 2009 , 10:18pm by chilz822

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 15

I've read that pretty much anything can change the consistency and effct RI (like grease left on utensils, etc).

What about flavorings? How much can you safely add and not cause it to fall down, go boom? icon_smile.gif
I would love to use some of LoRann's fancy flavors, have you all had good experiences with those in RI?

14 replies
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:09am
post #2 of 15

I love to use butter extract in my icings. I've also used lemon extract.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:25am
post #3 of 15

I use Antonia74 RI for all my cookies and I just started adding vanilla and butter flavoring......YUM, makes it taste like buttercream!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #4 of 15

I used lemon- it was wonderful!

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:35am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah0418

I use Antonia74 RI for all my cookies and I just started adding vanilla and butter flavoring......YUM, makes it taste like buttercream!

How much do you add? I'm not a fan of the taste or RI, so maybe flavoring it will help.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 5:11am
post #6 of 15

I just started adding 1/2 tsp of each flavoring and I noticed a big difference in the taste. I never liked the tasted of the icing by itself before (only on the cookies), but with the flavoring, I think it tastes pretty good even by itself. Give it a try. You might have to tweak the amounts for you liking, but so far, that has been working for me. icon_biggrin.gif

chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 5:56am
post #7 of 15

Has anyone experimented with LoRann flavorings?

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:40pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah0418

I just started adding 1/2 tsp of each flavoring and I noticed a big difference in the taste. I never liked the tasted of the icing by itself before (only on the cookies), but with the flavoring, I think it tastes pretty good even by itself. Give it a try. You might have to tweak the amounts for you liking, but so far, that has been working for me. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks, I'll try that next time I make it.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

Has anyone experimented with LoRann flavorings?

I was just about to post the same question icon_biggrin.gif I'm going to make a 1/2 batch today and add LorAnn to it. I will let you know how it comes out......unless someone can help us out sooner icon_biggrin.gif

chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:06pm
post #10 of 15

Yes please do, I have so many awesome ones I'd like to try... the cheesecake being at the top of the list!

SweetPicks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPicks Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #11 of 15

Can you buy Butter Extract from your local grocery store, like Meijer or Kroger?
Thanks!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:19pm
post #12 of 15

I add Valencia to my RI & Glaces.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:24pm
post #13 of 15

Just a quick note - Antonia74's Ri is a bit different when we make it in general than when she does. The brand of MP she uses has vanilla flavoring already in it. On my end, I add 1 tsp. pure van. extract (Cost-Co's Kirkland brand Madagascar Pure Van. Ext. - with credit going to SweetDreamsAT for telling me about that!). As the pure van. ext. can tinge the icing a tad, if I need my RI to be white, I use 3/4 tsp. pure van. ext. and then add Americolor Bright White to balance it out. I have also played around with pure almond extract successfully, but need to keep all my RI nut free due to possible allergy concerns someone may have. Next on my list is to try pure lemon extract as that sounds lovely for Spring. All of these flavors you are talking about sound delicious!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #14 of 15

I'm soooooooo happy icon_biggrin.gif LorAnn works fine in Antonia74's RI!!!!!!!!! After I put it in, I realized that it's not actually oil, LorAnn's Oil is the name of the company. Just to make sure I called LorAnn's and she comfirmed exactly what I thought. I added cotton candy flavoring and it is yummy!!!!

chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:18pm
post #15 of 15

I've got a batch mixing as we speak, with LoRann's Lemon Oil, just a couple drops, my kitchen smells soooooo good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%