Credit Card ?

Business By pooker Updated 24 Aug 2005 , 3:29pm by pooker

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 2:24am
post #1 of 15

A neighbor has asked me to do cakes for her for her job. These will not be for birthdays etc, but actually as part of the job.

She has an American Express card for things like that so she isn't paying out of pocket, but since I am not a real "business", how can we do this? Is there a way for her to pay me using the AE card?

Thanks a bunch for the help!!! thumbs_up.gif

14 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 2:38am
post #2 of 15

I would suggest setting up a paypal account, I am almost positive you can use any credit card on there. I originaly set my account up to use on ebay, however I have used it many times since then outside of ebay. For people paying me and I paying them.

Otherwise, most Credit cards you can get "checks" to write out. She may be able to get these and just write it to you, then when you cash it, it will be charged to her CC.

Hope these ideas help.

Leily

pooker Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 3:22am
post #3 of 15

Great Ideas!!! Thank you so much! I'll check into these! thumbs_up.gif

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 3:12am
post #4 of 15

Not all businesses accept American Express, she must have alternative ways of paying, I know this because we use American Express for our expense accounts, there are so many times I pay out of pocket for items-she shouldn't be shocked if you don't accept credit cards

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 3:13am
post #5 of 15

if only I could spell....geez

pooker Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 15

Thanks Butrcup! I was thinking that, too. I know not all business accept AE, so she has to have a way, but ??? She mentioned she couldn't just write a check. I need to talk to her and ask her what she does in that situation...

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:19pm
post #7 of 15

Why can't she just write a check? Seems to me that if she writes you a check and you give her a receipt, then she should be able to get reimbursed from her job, since it's for the job...... better yet, you can give her a receipt when she orders the cake and have "Full amount of $_________ due and payable upon delivery/pickup." That way she knows you want checks or cash. I'm sorry, but something is hinky!

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 15

My husband likes to work on cars so whenever he knows someone that needs work done he does it for them. He doesn't charge much but when you consider the cost of parts a lot of people can't afford all of that. If they went to a shop, they could use a credit card and after we heard one of our neighbors paid twice as much at a shop as he would have paid my husband because he didn't have the cash to pay my husband, we spread the word that they could pay him with Wal-mart gift cards. They can be bought with credit cards and we ALWAYS need something from Wal-mart.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 10:31pm
post #9 of 15

I like the idea of a Walmart Gift card! That way you really aren't 'selling' the cakes either!

Debbi

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 12:59am
post #10 of 15

That is a great idea. I think 75% of my paychecks go there, anyway.

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 1:07am
post #11 of 15

That is a great idea about the Walmart gift cards. I do most of my shopping there whether I like it or not.

pooker Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 1:22pm
post #12 of 15

OMG!!! I LOVE the Wal-Mart idea! WM is my absolute favorite store! icon_lol.gif

What an awesome idea!

I do agree with whoever said that she should have alternate ways of paying for things, since not everyone takes credit cards, especially AE.

This WM idea is so cool!!!

Thanks a bunch!!! thumbs_up.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:02pm
post #13 of 15

The WM is a great idea...I have a shop..so I had to get a system to do credit cards...I didnt go with the box to slide them..I was talked into an online service..it is slow and annoying...when I try to take credit cards..also..dont count on paypal taking all cards..I had a ton of trouble with it as well..I would get big jobs from major companies and they wouldnt take their cards.

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 3:09pm
post #14 of 15

Like I said before I think the Walmart gift card is an awesome idea. But I was thinking, at our local mall, you can buy a gift card that has a Visa logo on it so it can be used anywhere. I guess it is a prepaid Visa card. If you got one of those, you could use anywhere of your chosing, not just Walmart.

pooker Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 3:29pm
post #15 of 15

Another great idea! You are all so awesome to help me out with this!! Such great ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%