Not Happy, Help!!

Decorating By AngD Updated 14 Jan 2007 , 11:22pm by AngD

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:34am
post #1 of 23

HI cc'rs,
I would love some input on a christening cake I have done tonight that I am just not happy with. It was not what I had envisioned and I need help. PLease be honest, thanks. icon_smile.gif
Ang
LL

22 replies
aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:37am
post #2 of 23

I like it! I had not seen the cross made with roses before, that is beautiful. I will be making my son's first communion cake in the spring and will keep yours in mind.

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:37am
post #3 of 23

I think it's pretty. I would probably put some more roses, buds, and vines in the corners.

Edited to say you don't have to take my advice. sometimes its better to leave a cake alone or risk messing it up. icon_smile.gif

julie1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julie1975 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:39am
post #4 of 23

I also think its very pretty,i think with that kind of cake a would make it simple and clean looking. If i had someone make that for me i would be so happy

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:40am
post #5 of 23

I think your cake is beautiful but if you remember that everything in odd numbers will look better so I would put one more rose with the 2 roses and I think it will even out the look. I love your cake the design is original and you should be happy with such a wonderful job.

Buckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buckeye Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:41am
post #6 of 23

I think it's pretty, and I too have never seen the cross made out of roses, nice job. I agree with jsmith, maybe by putting more roses etc, in the corners would have made you feel better about it, BUT again I like it.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:42am
post #7 of 23

It's a very pretty cake. A few more roses in the corners maybe with some buds and vines and you're set. Nice job. It's very pretty.

AngD Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:46am
post #8 of 23

Oh thanks everyone, I needed that pep talk. I really appreciate all the advice from you all. I am going to work on it some more. icon_smile.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:49am
post #9 of 23

Maybe a little overpiping with the pink on the borders. Very pretty.
I did one almost exactly like this for a church function a few months back. Must be the great minds think alike think, huh?

booberfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booberfrog Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:50am
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashley

I think your cake is beautiful but if you remember that everything in odd numbers will look better so I would put one more rose with the 2 roses and I think it will even out the look. I love your cake the design is original and you should be happy with such a wonderful job.

It is very pretty, I was just going to add the same thing about odd numbers

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:06am
post #11 of 23

I really like this cake. I think it is simple but elegant. I am learning more everytime I use this site. I had never heard the suggestion about everything looking better in odd numbers. I still think the cake is great and the roses are beautiful!
Bradymom

AngD Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:11am
post #12 of 23

Thanks everyone, here is the finished product... icon_smile.gif
LL

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:16am
post #13 of 23

I really like it, the third rose and the rose bud have really added to the cake. It looks beautiful.
Bradymom

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:20am
post #14 of 23

Too late now... a nice piped outline around the cross would identify it a little better. I like frames.
Good job.
mpc

AngD Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:22am
post #15 of 23

MPC,
Ya know I thought about that but was so nervous that I would just mess it up rather than make it better and I need it in the morning, so I didn't. That was a good I dea though, I guess I just wasn't gutsy enough to take the chance. icon_smile.gif Thank you though.
Ang

Thank you Bradymom6!! icon_smile.gif

Dennysse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dennysse Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 5:27am
post #16 of 23

I like you cake,love the roses and how you finished it.I thin christening cakes should be like yours:simple,delicate and special as the ocasion is.Well thats only my opinion.Your cake is perfect.Good luck!!!

AngD Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:00am
post #17 of 23

Thank you so much dennysee, everyone has mad me feel much better about it. icon_smile.gif

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:14am
post #18 of 23

I think it is perfect just as you have it. The finished cake looks wonderful. Your roses are great! Love the border too.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 6:14am
post #19 of 23

I think it is perfect just as you have it. The finished cake looks wonderful. Your roses are great! Love the border too.

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 2:21pm
post #20 of 23

Love it! I would try, next time, to do the pink a little more "pastel", and how about some white roses? Beautiful! I hope I can do this one day too. icon_smile.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 2:28pm
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

It's a very pretty cake. A few more roses in the corners maybe with some buds and vines and you're set. Nice job. It's very pretty.

I agree! I think a previous post addressed odd numbers. My best friend is a florist and she says ALWAYS flowers should be in odd numbers. I don't KNOW why......I just do what she says! LOLL

I like your cake. You did a very nice job.

Beth in KY

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 9:35pm
post #22 of 23

Beautiful finished cake looks perfect/

AngD Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:22pm
post #23 of 23

Thanks everyone, Everyone loved it, I did want the pink a little lighter but oops a little to much. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%