??? For Those Who Have A Beater Blade

Decorating By kjt Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 12:40am by kjt

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 8

Okay, so I just used one for the first time. It seems like it really does scrape the sides well, but it slopped cake batter out, too icon_sad.gif . AND my batter seems REALLY thin. I'd appreciated your comments. I haven't used it for icing (I use SS's) - should I expect any differences? I mean, it's a beater attachment, for goodness sake-but I'm wondering if it's going to change the texture of the cake/icing thumbsdown.gif .
Thanks for your help.

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 8

I have the side swipe blade and use it for icing and I love it. It's basically the same concept as the beater blade. I don't know how it could change the texture of what you are mixing.

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 8

I LOVE mine. I have used it for batter with no change to the texture though. I really only use it for icing. It was my favorite christmas present this year.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 8

Got mine for Christmas and I love it! It didn't change anything in my icing or my batter.

Maybe something got missed? *shrug*

kjt Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the replies...I just took the cakes out, and they seem to be fine. I agree Tiggy, I don't understand the batter thing, but it was definately thin. I'm fixing to make icing-I'll keep my fingers crossed that it turns out. It seems as tho lately I've been plaqued by basic baking stupid results icon_sad.gif. We'll see!

Liniti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liniti Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:47pm
post #6 of 8

I recently purchased the Side Swipe and used it to make 2 cakes and both came out perfect. The blade does what it advertises and scrapes down the sides and bottom of the bowl. My only complaint is that it is kind of expensive for being made out of plastic.

Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:51pm
post #7 of 8

I love my beater blade. It's so nice not to always have to scrap down the sides.

kjt Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:40am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liniti

I recently purchased the Side Swipe and used it to make 2 cakes and both came out perfect. The blade does what it advertises and scrapes down the sides and bottom of the bowl. My only complaint is that it is kind of expensive for being made out of plastic.

I agree...I think for $25 it ought to be metal icon_confused.gif If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Side Swipe?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%