Stand Mixers

Decorating By sugarprincess Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm by skaggs1

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #1 of 8

I would appreciate some good suggestions from all you cake decorators out there. I am so so so tired of making my buttercream icing with a hand held mixer ( have gone through 3 of them so far). So I think I would like to invest in a good quality stand mixer.

I know that alot of you use a kitchen aid stand mixer. I have seen the cuisinart 7qt. stand mixer and I would like to know if anyone has used it and if it is a worthwhile investment.

Thanks so much

7 replies
HoldensNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoldensNanny Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:20am
post #2 of 8

I could not live without my kitchen aid mixer!!!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

sarahsarah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahsarah Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:29am
post #3 of 8

I have a kitchenaid Professional HD that I LOVE. It was factory refurbished, ordered on-line for a STEAL. I have had it almost a year and no problems. You can save so much time with a stand mixer because you can do other things while you are mixing... like get your pans ready, get your icing bags ready, etc.

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:29am
post #4 of 8

hehe (evil grin) I've almost completed burning out my second KA....love it though, couldn't live without it.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #5 of 8

LOVE... my new 600 Professional Kitchen Aid...it is soooo nice!

islandgirl72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
islandgirl72 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #6 of 8

I too would love a stand mixer. I am just a beginner though, making cakes for the family. I find all the different models a little confusing (tilt heads, bowls that lift, all the different watt motors). I wonder what the casual baker really needs?

Looking forward to reading more replies.

cakesbyshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyshell Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 8

I don't have a kitchenaid but I was recently looking at new stand mixers and I had narrowed my choices down to the 7qt. Cuisinart and a Viking. The guy I talked to at the specialty store in my area said that he would take the Cuisinart over the Viking any day so that's what I'm saving for. I have a Kenmore right now and I like it but I need something bigger to keep from making several individual batches. Just thought I'd throw that info out there. I know everyone loves the kitchenaids!
Happy shopping! icon_biggrin.gif

skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

I love my KA Pro!! I bought it online at lowe's and got a great deal, they were on sale with an extra 20% off so I paid under $300.00 for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%