Gelatin Butterflies & Flowers

Baking By GRAMSB123 Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 5:16pm by ShuggaNay

GRAMSB123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMSB123 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 9

Hi, does anyone have the recipe for making gelatin flowers and butterflies?

8 replies
cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 9

I remember reading a thread in one of the forums here where a member gave the recipe and instructions for the gelatin butterflies. I thought I had saved it, but I can't seem to find it.

glory2god Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory2god Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 9

go to http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-60503.html and read down at the bottom of the page. i'll keep looking and see if i can find the post she was referring to.

hope this helps

Tatti74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tatti74 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 9

This may help:
- Dissolve a mixture of unflavored gelatin [such as Knox or Great Lakes] & water.

-Brush gel mixture over the veined section of the mold (adding a wire through the center vein if desired for a wired assembly.)

- Sit back and wait they release themselves from the molds when dry!

- Trim the edges, and decorate with disco dust if desired.

glory2god Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 9

go to http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-60503.html and read down at the bottom of the page. i'll keep looking and see if i can find the post she was referring to.

hope this helps

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

That's one of the links I was looking for...Thank you! The other one explains the butterflies, gives the recipe for the gelatin and explains that you can spread it on vellum, let it dry, and then cut it to the wing shapes.

GRAMSB123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMSB123 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 12:33pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you very much for the help. If you ever find the butterfly thread please let me know and I will keep looking also.

ShuggaNay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShuggaNay Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 9

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to make the gelatin taste better? Can I add some type of sugar substitute to the mixture when making these flowers. I made some a few days ago & attempted to eat one & ..... CAN YOU SAY YUCK!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%