Long Island, Ny Bakeries Looking For An Extern?

Business By Atomikjen Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 8:29pm by lazlo

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there is looking for an extern to do hard work for 210 hours?

I'm currently enrolled at the Institute of Culinary Education to get my Pastry Degree, graduation is 4.25.09. In order to officially graduate we need to perform 210 hours of externing in the field.

I'm very excited about this new chapter of my life. Baking/decorating creating things with my hands is my passion.

I have some pieces on here of what I've created, but I do have more to show if anyone is interested in having me at their shop.

I live in Medford and am willing to travel as far as NYC. I currently work as a graphic designer monday through friday and would be free on the weekends after graduation.

If you need more information please feel free to contact me.

If anyone knows of a place where they might need someone let me know.

Thank you so much for your time on this. I truly appreciate any advice and words of wisdom this community has provided.

Jen

4 replies
Atomikjen Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 5

bumpity

I know... the economy is tough right now. You've got loyal employees who may feel threatened by someone working for free. I totally understand that. =)

If anyone went to school... where did you do your externship? Do you suggest maybe skipping a bakery and going for a restaurant position or even a catering hall?

Advice is appreciated.

Thank you so much! =D

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 5

try catering places or restaurants

Atomikjen Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 5

thanks vixter!

I might actually have a lead! =D

lazlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lazlo Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 5

you know if you register with the CIA in hyde park externs will come a runnin'.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%